What is an unspoken rule about getting through society and life that annoys you when other people don't honor it?

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Someone interrupting your sentence/story with "Oh yeah tell me about it!" and going off on a related story that is pointedly more extreme than yours in some way, while eventually forgetting that *you* were telling *them* something to begin with, that they've now made obvious they didn't really care about anyway. Harrumph!

P-Nutz

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Honestly, and this is something I stressed with my kids, remember the importance of saying "please", "thank you", and "excuse me".
We’re known as the “please-may-I” family. When the Nutz offspring were much younger, people were always surprised at how polite they were.

We weren’t surprised.

Last edited:

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
Don’t drive up to the front of the line and cut in. Folks who would never do that at the checkout line drive their big a$$ trucks up to the front of the merge and bully their way in. Unfortunately, we’ve become a society where while intimidation may not be condoned, it’s tolerated, even applauded by some.

Last edited:

P-Nutz

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I do own this shirt:

B45B22D2-3B76-445A-957A-E2DFAD216141.jpeg

wilson_smyth

Tele-Meister
Don't park on the sidewalk/footpath. Wheelchairs and strollers need to get by.

Clean up your dog's 5h1t. And I mean properly, don't put it in a baggy and hang it off a tree.

Assume that the "a55h0le" who cut in line or cut you off is a decent human who's just having a bad day. Who knows what horrors they are facing. If it has little effect on your life, just let it go.

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
Keep your distance. This has nothing to do with anything other than I don't want you closer than arm's length at any time.

Amen! Stay outta my bubble.

Amen.

I especially hate it when you are in a queue, and the person behind you doesn't give you any space. They seem to think they will get to the front sooner by crawling up your ass or something. There are a few things you can do, such as turn around and face them, or put your arms on your hip and stand sideways, or tell them to just back off buster! But there is only so much you can do, since you don't want to lose your place in line.

Okanagan

NEW MEMBER!
Assume that the "a55h0le" who cut in line or cut you off is a decent human who's just having a bad day. Who knows what horrors they are facing. If it has little effect on your life, just let it go.
thinking this way has made my driving experiences MUCH more pleasant... we just never know what stresses other are under.

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
Lack of courtesy
- A lot of tlf related noises, attitudes, and loud conversations both on strangers or people I'm with.
- Ignoring others on many daily situations.
- Not being kind with Old men

Arrogance
- People who always wants to "win"(Sic) any debate.