What is an unspoken rule about getting through society and life that annoys you when other people don't honor it?

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Don't talk too loud in the public transportation, don't put some music on your phone in the public transportation, it makes me want to get a snare drum and go full buddy rich on it.

Don't talk with your mouth full, especially nowadays, if you are at my place and you are waiting for me to refill your glass, you are going to wait a long time, get up and help yourself in the fridge.

Don't say bad things about your friends. Well, they are your friends after all.

People who don't say sorry when they push you, don't rev your motorcycle engine full blast when you are riding downtown, not necessary and it hurts my ears.

Toadtele

Friend of Leo's
Respecting privacy.
My wife went through some personal medical issues this last year. It affected my schedule dramatically so I had to inform my boss about it, emphasizing our desire for privacy.
He repeatedly brought it up in company meetings. I spoke to him again regarding my desire for privacy. He apologized.
Then I heard from multiple coworkers that he had told everyone about it while I was gone anyway.
Great leader.

Last edited:

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
This one covers it all, though one word is misspelled:

Don’t be a duck.

Friends have something similar on their wall. The best advice ever.
1641940359179.png

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Even though I gig a lot, I'm pretty much a social hermit in other environments ( don't shop, go to events, wait in line- not around a lot of people, bad back...) so most of my gripes are car and traffic related- already mentioned
Top 2 or 3:
- if you are a pedestrian, your priority is to cross the street, not be on your phone.
Please move your *ss, and walk!

- use your turm signals

- don't run me over when I'm in the right lane ( driving 5 mph above speed limit), and you have 2 other lanes, to pass me- just rude/aggressive

Dostradamas

Tele-Holic
Leave the door as you found it.

I cannot believe how many people will open a door then pass through it only to leave it open.

Consider others before you act