What is an unspoken rule about getting through society and life that annoys you when other people don't honor it?

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Amen.

I especially hate it when you are in a queue, and the person behind you doesn't give you any space. They seem to think they will get to the front sooner by crawling up your ass or something. There are a few things you can do, such as turn around and face them, or put your arms on your hip and stand sideways, or tell them to just back off buster! But there is only so much you can do, since you don't want to lose your place in line.
My dad would step backward onto their toes. He was a 200+ pounder

soundchaser59

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I agree with what you're saying, but NOBODY will ever interpret your honking as anything other than aggressive, sociopathic impatience, and as pretty close to being an instruction to driver in front to simply run down the pedestrian.
I know, I know. But at the very least it makes those innocent pedestrians wonder what's going on that they should watch out for.

Doctor of Teleocity
The wearing of pajamas outside of one’s dwelling. Driveway and yard are permissible if carrying a flashlight or one’s head is covered. It is also frowned upon in some gatherings to utter the word “pajamas,” except on Wednesdays.

Any sort of humming.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
This: people who are convinced they are smarter than everyone else. Sorry, you had that one coming...

1642274320407.png

Mechanic

Friend of Leo's
I’ve read most of this thread. It late, I need to unload and go to bed.
After working public transit for 40 years in maintenance and dealing with the public for the same amount of time I came to the conclusion that people are stupid until proven otherwise. This way I’m not disappointed. That and my supervisor had to run interference so I could do my job. I don’t know the schedules or the stops. I just fix ‘em so you can go home.