What is an unspoken rule about getting through society and life that annoys you when other people don't honor it?

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
This can sometimes be dangerous.
If you are in the intersection waiting and your light turns red, you begin your turn, people continue through the light that just turned red, most times speeding to get through the yellow light they just missed, you get T-boned as you turn. I've seen it more than once.
Also as you are sitting there with your light now red, you are congesting traffic in the opposite direction.
I could be wrong on this point, but I believe it is illegal in some states.
Here the law is your rear wheels have to remain behind the stop line while waiting to turn left. The intersection has to remain clear of stationary vehicles.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Psst ... that's where the microphone is located on an iPhone.

and the engineers worked extremely hard to make it so that you don't have to hold it in such an idiotic way. Seriously, and from someone who has knowledge about this particular product and its design, you DO NOT need to hold it like that unless you are a complete idiot.

Yes, it is located there and tuned to be articulated normally, when you hold it like that, you make the phone work twice as hard to attenuate your 'fun fact, the mic is on the bottom' stuff.

classic!

bumnote

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Whatever your ringtone is....no one else on Earth thinks it's cool. Answer the damn call quickly.

I'm over 50 years old...fist bumping & high fiving is stupid. Don't...seriously don't.

If we're not in traffic and you insist on driving next to me or in my blind spot, I will make the assumption you are complete and total idiot who should never have been allowed to drive. We're not in the Blue Angels, driving like you're my wingman is beyond stupid.

If you're a healthy individual on an escalator do one of two things...either walk up or down with it, or leave room to go around you.

If you're the type that always parks in a space slanted, you're a piece of dog crap and your car should be towed away and crushed into a cube.

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
-Not saying "Thank you" when it is clearly deserved.
i.e. After you hold the door for him/her to pass.
Sometimes I just say a loud "your are wellcome".

-Don't hold the door when a minimum input is required, for the next in line.

-When the next in line don't hold the door his part, expecting to slip out between the previous and the next

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Whatever your ringtone is....no one else on Earth thinks it's cool. Answer the damn call quickly.

I'm over 50 years old...fist bumping & high fiving is stupid. Don't...seriously don't.

If we're not in traffic and you insist on driving next to me or in my blind spot, I will make the assumption you are complete and total idiot who should never have been allowed to drive. We're not in the Blue Angels, driving like you're my wingman is beyond stupid.

If you're a healthy individual on an escalator do one of two things...either walk up or down with it, or leave room to go around you.

If you're the type that always parks in a space slanted, you're a piece of dog crap and your car should be towed away and crushed into a cube.
But I like hearing Dance Of The Sugarplum Fairy so loud the case resonates while I'm on the train.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I know this is a small thing and will only affect a very few who frequent the forum. On the golf course please limit your practice swings to no more than three. There should be a rule that if you violate this rule more than twice in a single day, you will be ejected from the grounds that day, and FOREVER BANNED from even entering the parking lot of the golf course!

Robert H.

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
This can sometimes be dangerous.
If you are in the intersection waiting and your light turns red, you begin your turn, people continue through the light that just turned red, most times speeding to get through the yellow light they just missed, you get T-boned as you turn. I've seen it more than once.
Also as you are sitting there with your light now red, you are congesting traffic in the opposite direction.
I could be wrong on this point, but I believe it is illegal in some states.
It’s the law in California - and you are permitted to turn on red if you’ve been waiting in the intersection while the light was green.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
wash. your. damn. hands.

seriously, current situation or not. i read some study that up to 25% of people don't even wash after #2. and that the likelihood of the average person to wash mostly is influenced by whether they think that/see that other people are doing it. 🤦‍♂️

and yet people are so concerned with not smelling bad, or keeping spaces tidy, or looking well-groomed. that is completely ass-backwards.

stop spreading flu, cold, e. coli, fecal matter, blood, parasites, whatever. it's very easy. nobody is saying you have to go to OCD lengths, just stop being an idiot.

Last edited:

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Since we are going EV, and all electric. STOP signs should have arms with fists. Then just like when you were on a first date and your girlfriend said STOP and you didn't, she would slap you. The stop sign when you failed to STOP would just reach out and give you a MIKE TYSON to the chin.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
wash. your. damn. hands.

seriously, current situation or not. i read some study that up to 25% of people don't even wash after #2.

and yet people are so concerned with not smelling bad, or keeping spaces tidy, or looking well groomed. that is completely ass backwards.

stop spreading flu, cold, fecal matter, blood, parasites, whatever. it's very easy. nobody is saying you have to go to OCD lengths, just stop being an idiot.
Reminds me of that thread where someone asked how often a coffee cup should be washed, and many said they rarely or never do.

I saw something similar that had polled x number of people and found out a plurality didn't scrub their bodies/use soap during a shower and a good chunk of those that did basically hit their chest and head and that was that. What is this medieval Europe? Wash thyself. Yeesh.

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
I know this is a small thing and will only affect a very few who frequent the forum. On the golf course please limit your practice swings to no more than three. There should be a rule that if you violate this rule more than twice in a single day, you will be ejected from the grounds that day, and FOREVER BANNED from even entering the parking lot of the golf course!
In disc golf there is a 30 second rule. Once you get ready to take a shot, you have 30 seconds to go through your routine and then throw. Is there any similar "delay of game" rule for ball golf?

Mjea80

Tele-Meister
People that blatantly run yellow lights that are basically red when they easily could have stopped.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
and the engineers worked extremely hard to make it so that you don't have to hold it in such an idiotic way. Seriously, and from someone who has knowledge about this particular product and its design, you DO NOT need to hold it like that unless you are a complete idiot.

Yes, it is located there and tuned to be articulated normally, when you hold it like that, you make the phone work twice as hard to attenuate your 'fun fact, the mic is on the bottom' stuff.

classic!
I think people do that in order not to mess up the screen with their greasy ears.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
wash. your. damn. hands.

seriously, current situation or not. i read some study that up to 25% of people don't even wash after #2. and that the likelihood of the average person to wash mostly is influenced by whether they think that/see that other people are doing it. 🤦‍♂️

and yet people are so concerned with not smelling bad, or keeping spaces tidy, or looking well groomed. that is completely ass backwards.

stop spreading flu, cold, e coli., fecal matter, blood, parasites, whatever. it's very easy. nobody is saying you have to go to OCD lengths, just stop being an idiot.
Fun fact you can get a nasty brain parasite if someone cook food after taking a deuce, have tape worm eggs in it, and not washing their hands. I will let you guys google that. Fun science !

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
In disc golf there is a 30 second rule. Once you get ready to take a shot, you have 30 seconds to go through your routine and then throw. Is there any similar "delay of game" rule for ball golf?
The pros have a certain length of time to get off a shot. However, they have learned to use certain tactics to avoid conforming to the rules, and often seem to take forever. It seems to me, the slower the pros get, the slower the amateurs get. I think the locals just imitate the pros. I seldom take even one practice swing, I figure if I don't know how to play the shot by now, swinging the club one more time isn't going to help. I have seen guys take as many as TEN practice swings, then dub the shot. Not the guy who got me into golf, but a guy who actually taught me HOW to play golf, always said, MISS 'em quick, you might surprise yourself and hit a good one.

Wyzsard

Friend of Leo's
Annoying ?
People who die without all their grave, funeral, and all related costs paid for. Imo, all of it should be dealt with as their top priority. Including having a power of attorney and will in place.

No heir should have to do more than spend a few minutes on the phone telling them where to pick up the body.

Life is about identifying priorities and dealing with them without delay. So we should make it easy for our heirs/poa.

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
If you release a particularly foul flatulence, aka fart, during rehearsal, at least say heads up or something, maybe “excuse me.” Otherwise, everyone blames (credits) the bass player who will then look around all puzzled and say “what?”. Act like men …. Oh wait!

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
When we meet for the first time, please don't try to sell me on your character attributes. I'm fairly confident that if you're a good guy, I'll figure it out on my own.

"You know, I've always been the kind of guy who works my butt off, no matter what the task. Even if no one else is working. That's just who I am. And I'm all about integrity. Look, I'm always going to speak the truth even if it gets me in trouble. That's just how I was raised."