What I Did On My Spring / Summer Vacation part 2

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
A local boy recently passed: Sonny Bargers, R.I.P.
iSZBm3vt3jRHJgKHoU6PtprAhClcUQnN3KWZxWrBiVXzmBAalk-81SXos6ZN3FaHgDTALojK3-JONUK2qVK7Orspj3yZxZhlc3KF2YfzLTA-wVGzNJDXlom1CTCkTQwBBFwQKZeyknl4fsU8kQrpcYM

Odd growing up in the East Bay and spending most of my life here it was just normal having an awareness of the angels and Sonny.
Sonny was a local celebrity. Watching them grow into a world wide group of enthusiasts, over the years, was part of the background tone of my life. Not a fan or a critic, just a passive observer.

The Dead in their own way were like that. Always something cooking with the Dead around here Phil Leash and his Kpfa Radio program, every year the vast number of shows at the oakland coliseum and all the people that would come to town from all over.I. worked at a restaurant the dead heads favored for years. A few weeks before the shows the deadheads would come rolling in, and spreading the cheer. A whole different vibe from the Angels and yet, that's what cool about the east bay there’s room for all kinds of folks now that I think about it.

Making noise with no goal , just making noise to be making noise , not unlike week end painters or sailors, or closeted poets that right because they like to .
No record deals or gallery openings, no regattas , or James Laughlin awards, just doing for the joy of doing.

While reclining on the Faux Chaise Lounge Weathering the current version of thecrude, I have taken up watching MotoGP Motorcycle Racing and have become very interested in the riding and skills of the amazing Marq Marquez. I find him to be the Dennis Eckersley of Motorcycle racing. A wizard on wheels with more knuckle ball variations on the track than most of the competition combined. Mixing metaphors as if there were no tomorrow.

So Fatigue is my new best friend and constant companion so it looks like August and September will be spent during quiet time watching Better call Saul and Breaking Bad.
Quiet time is when the next door neighbor is home, evenings , therefore following the good neighbor rule is: music time is when she's at work.When she’s home and on the phone and I can hear her conversation, I put on old school Jamaican Dub as a means of not ear hustling and catching up on righteous applications of using delay and attending to the bass lines.
Speaking of music
Is anyone using a Diezel VH4 - Pedal? Ola Englund did a nifty demo of this pedal.
When it comes to chugging Ola certainly is the cutie pie of chug, for sure. Another preamp that has captured my attention is the REVV 4 overdrive preamp.
Whoopi and oh boy! Ha-cha!!!
The Bogner Ubershall pedal just arrived at my doorstep, just moments ago.
Nicely nestled in its form fitting container, a very designeresque Black Box with silver lettering on top ” Bogner “ there it sits, like a 250 pound, well trained, black Rottweiler, awaiting the next command to do its masters bidding.
Mmmmmm! Delayed satisfaction is so much fun, I’ll wait until this afternoon when the next door neighbor lady is at work, god! I hope it’s not her day off , so excited!

Test time: what?

Chandler Lap Steel with Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell Soap Bar sized pickup / Rat distortion / Bogner Uberschall Pedal,
Reason 12.

Mmmmmm mmm mmmmmm! This, sure enough, hits the spot right on the money. A presence and definition that evades description , clarity of intent is the result.
Grindage B’baby! Auagh! So, so so good.

HF9g4H41ZCrLwD2JyeHwao55OJX9J2vHcDNOF8Cx4MsQxr-GUPotZPOt_6Xgg9Zk473Z4CPL634iGLRTonaoLlyPUxD7leG7JdW-HHQ40zvHrJ80TT21xpM8IA4ovAWFBJjwgftIaRghx567q6AbLw

Rat Sez GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Oh it’s so good, so good,
A grindage rare
And in the ephemeral flow
The world set aright
Just for the moment
as the Sun sets
Below the endless horizon line of the pacific

6JX0C3L9vseLvi3mFcz6RFCB026wJJDrmH7Hqlj6elIjdgK6jYXZvJ4SekkBxGRxUscyHa8SV8BdamRI8t4hYNdN04fULna782zVgS9EURB-RDMq0pK8QxL3G8orV7DdUB50JPooJgwQqpmioGwRyw

Crocodile Training:

Raing Alpha male Crocs using a baited shocking device on the peoples side of the river, across from the Park on the other side of the river were the animals are all protected.
The people living on the public side of the river are experiencing a large number of fatal Crocodile attacks by the Crocodiles from the protected side of the river
Using a non-lethal shocking device to train the alpha male Crocs using shocks to stay away from the people's side of the river.
The Alpha male will be the first to approach the baited shocking device, and be conditioned to avoid the peoples side of the river, demonstrating through avoidance to the other crocs by avoiding the peoples side of the river, to stay away from the unsafe peoples side of the river. Teach the alphas through shocks that coming to the peoples side of the river is dangerous and the other Crocs will not trespass and attack people. Children have in the past been taken by Crocs while fishing or bathing, gathering water or playing in or near the water, as well as adults being taken. regularly and attacked regularly.

And the I thought

Speaking of Attack, attack with great clarity and harmonic density.
The Ubershall pedal records with a clarity and presence directly into a Roland Duo Capture interface.
The Ubershall likes most everything that I plug into the front of it.
I don’t think that I’ve heard the Dimarzio Telecaster Hum Canceling pickups in my ash body Telecaster the way that I’m hearing them today. My goodness now I know,.... Can I get an amen, The Iridium pedal sound really good, those early Fender impressions and the Marshallesque sleight of hand sounds so good, this no to be denied, The Pod Go box, sound well enough with a crowd of other instrument around it, but man I love having my teensy weensy little pointed head snapped around by demonstrated excellence. And don’t forget ehe E
There is a Faux Hammond B3 organ from Jiggery Pokery software that is a treat. All the whistles and bells of a dual keyboard B3, great sounding Rotary speakers, the works.
After decades of using brass slides for slide playing I tried out the Reverend Willy Ceramic slide from our friends at Dunlop and found the weight relief of a ceramic slide and interior surface not to cause the sweating of my finger as does brass when my finger is encased in brass.
I get the same great sound as brass without the fonk.
It’s kinna’ funny all the things that I’ve learned by just picking up a modest lap steel.
It’s really a shame that my becoming involved with my late personality disordered spouse didn’t hold for me all the joys of playing slide guitar, don’t get me wrong, I just wish that the same standards of excellence brought to the table by Lollar, Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio and Fralin, came with true love and doesn’t necessarily come with the same integrity when it comes to romantic relationships. But, again , it’s not really fair to compare a custom pickup to a relationship built from scratch, is it.

Today’s trick question is , hmmmmm?

What's outside the universe?​

Dr. James Beacham​

or

Life, the Universe, and Nothing: A Cosmic Mystery Story.​

ocxGbCWEI30MICaEPbc7bZRaV7fILyMiPsdRgrE4ybCPW_ruzXSfLV5izFUeslQbqnAn3CJvltIF5ooUtc6Prv7djzaip2T77mvd3QOIsiTg7_Kh_NMZqmjU4efg4Jn6afckPwnCnR4XpvVy0gZXLg

Watching DUST on Youtube , a sci-fi, outside of the box story telling vehicle .
I’m entertained, while the Cup of Noodles in the Microwave is “cooking”.
Do the sci-fi people of the imaginary future have Cup of Noodles?
Do they ask , What’s Outside the Universe?

Do the people of the imaginary future, that had to migrate to another planet in order to avoid the fate of the Dinosaurs?
Did they ever wonder how it came to pass and that migration at one point wasn’t necessary? Speaking of training and learning,
Have you ever considered owning a real kimono Dragon , could you train it to only eat the slaughtered goats that you feed it. Could you scratch under it’s chin or behind it’s ear like a pet cat ? Would it make the sound of dragons purring?
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22029481-000-
how-to-train-your-komodo-dragon/
Speaking of cool stuff
Where in the hell is Tore Mogensen, We was a blessing to the internet and he did the most humorous demo/ presentations with other guests that jammed on how cool some gear was while maintaining a clear sense of detachment from taking music gear and especially music gear on the internet too seriously.
He and Devin Townsend did some of the funniest minutes I’ve seen on the internet. Devin is so bent and brillyant any way , where’s Tore?

Things that I skipped on you tube:

5 GUILTY TEENAGE Convicts Reacting To LIFE SENTENCES​

Parasitoid wasps: Like the Alien movies, but real!​

12 Terrifying Creatures To Make Your Skin Crawl​

Michael Jackson's maid reveals sordid Neverland secrets​

inside Charles Manson's crazed cult​

Where is the missing wife of Scientology's ruthless leader?​

A few days have passed and the Guitar track recorded using the Bogner Ubershall pedal , makes me happy, This pedal is a keeper. imho.

teleman1

Friend of Leo's

ME TOO!

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
My god Ping! You must be not boring. Ever. Even with a fever. Maybe with cramps?

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
I wanted to ...say something, but lost it.
Great post about nothing....
There was a show in the 90's about nothing.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I wanted to ...say something, but lost it.
Great post about nothing....
There was a show in the 90's about nothing.
nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing,
flipper.jpg

superjam144

Tele-Afflicted
Reminded of Appalachian trail journals, everyone’s got a trail name, sometimes a post is just like saying hello to a fellow traveler. Enjoyed the peephole glimpse perspective, may the journey continue to surprise you.

Gnometowner

Tele-Meister
A local boy recently passed: Sonny Bargers, R.I.P.
iSZBm3vt3jRHJgKHoU6PtprAhClcUQnN3KWZxWrBiVXzmBAalk-81SXos6ZN3FaHgDTALojK3-JONUK2qVK7Orspj3yZxZhlc3KF2YfzLTA-wVGzNJDXlom1CTCkTQwBBFwQKZeyknl4fsU8kQrpcYM

Odd growing up in the East Bay and spending most of my life here it was just normal having an awareness of the angels and Sonny.
Sonny was a local celebrity. Watching them grow into a world wide group of enthusiasts, over the years, was part of the background tone of my life. Not a fan or a critic, just a passive observer.

The Dead in their own way were like that. Always something cooking with the Dead around here Phil Leash and his Kpfa Radio program, every year the vast number of shows at the oakland coliseum and all the people that would come to town from all over.I. worked at a restaurant the dead heads favored for years. A few weeks before the shows the deadheads would come rolling in, and spreading the cheer. A whole different vibe from the Angels and yet, that's what cool about the east bay there’s room for all kinds of folks now that I think about it.

Making noise with no goal , just making noise to be making noise , not unlike week end painters or sailors, or closeted poets that right because they like to .
No record deals or gallery openings, no regattas , or James Laughlin awards, just doing for the joy of doing.

While reclining on the Faux Chaise Lounge Weathering the current version of thecrude, I have taken up watching MotoGP Motorcycle Racing and have become very interested in the riding and skills of the amazing Marq Marquez. I find him to be the Dennis Eckersley of Motorcycle racing. A wizard on wheels with more knuckle ball variations on the track than most of the competition combined. Mixing metaphors as if there were no tomorrow.

So Fatigue is my new best friend and constant companion so it looks like August and September will be spent during quiet time watching Better call Saul and Breaking Bad.
Quiet time is when the next door neighbor is home, evenings , therefore following the good neighbor rule is: music time is when she's at work.When she’s home and on the phone and I can hear her conversation, I put on old school Jamaican Dub as a means of not ear hustling and catching up on righteous applications of using delay and attending to the bass lines.
Speaking of music
Is anyone using a Diezel VH4 - Pedal? Ola Englund did a nifty demo of this pedal.
When it comes to chugging Ola certainly is the cutie pie of chug, for sure. Another preamp that has captured my attention is the REVV 4 overdrive preamp.
Whoopi and oh boy! Ha-cha!!!
The Bogner Ubershall pedal just arrived at my doorstep, just moments ago.
Nicely nestled in its form fitting container, a very designeresque Black Box with silver lettering on top ” Bogner “ there it sits, like a 250 pound, well trained, black Rottweiler, awaiting the next command to do its masters bidding.
Mmmmmm! Delayed satisfaction is so much fun, I’ll wait until this afternoon when the next door neighbor lady is at work, god! I hope it’s not her day off , so excited!

Test time: what?

Chandler Lap Steel with Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell Soap Bar sized pickup / Rat distortion / Bogner Uberschall Pedal,
Reason 12.

Mmmmmm mmm mmmmmm! This, sure enough, hits the spot right on the money. A presence and definition that evades description , clarity of intent is the result.
Grindage B’baby! Auagh! So, so so good.

HF9g4H41ZCrLwD2JyeHwao55OJX9J2vHcDNOF8Cx4MsQxr-GUPotZPOt_6Xgg9Zk473Z4CPL634iGLRTonaoLlyPUxD7leG7JdW-HHQ40zvHrJ80TT21xpM8IA4ovAWFBJjwgftIaRghx567q6AbLw

Rat Sez GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Oh it’s so good, so good,
A grindage rare
And in the ephemeral flow
The world set aright
Just for the moment
as the Sun sets
Below the endless horizon line of the pacific

6JX0C3L9vseLvi3mFcz6RFCB026wJJDrmH7Hqlj6elIjdgK6jYXZvJ4SekkBxGRxUscyHa8SV8BdamRI8t4hYNdN04fULna782zVgS9EURB-RDMq0pK8QxL3G8orV7DdUB50JPooJgwQqpmioGwRyw

Crocodile Training:

Raing Alpha male Crocs using a baited shocking device on the peoples side of the river, across from the Park on the other side of the river were the animals are all protected.
The people living on the public side of the river are experiencing a large number of fatal Crocodile attacks by the Crocodiles from the protected side of the river
Using a non-lethal shocking device to train the alpha male Crocs using shocks to stay away from the people's side of the river.
The Alpha male will be the first to approach the baited shocking device, and be conditioned to avoid the peoples side of the river, demonstrating through avoidance to the other crocs by avoiding the peoples side of the river, to stay away from the unsafe peoples side of the river. Teach the alphas through shocks that coming to the peoples side of the river is dangerous and the other Crocs will not trespass and attack people. Children have in the past been taken by Crocs while fishing or bathing, gathering water or playing in or near the water, as well as adults being taken. regularly and attacked regularly.

And the I thought

Speaking of Attack, attack with great clarity and harmonic density.
The Ubershall pedal records with a clarity and presence directly into a Roland Duo Capture interface.
The Ubershall likes most everything that I plug into the front of it.
I don’t think that I’ve heard the Dimarzio Telecaster Hum Canceling pickups in my ash body Telecaster the way that I’m hearing them today. My goodness now I know,.... Can I get an amen, The Iridium pedal sound really good, those early Fender impressions and the Marshallesque sleight of hand sounds so good, this no to be denied, The Pod Go box, sound well enough with a crowd of other instrument around it, but man I love having my teensy weensy little pointed head snapped around by demonstrated excellence. And don’t forget ehe E
There is a Faux Hammond B3 organ from Jiggery Pokery software that is a treat. All the whistles and bells of a dual keyboard B3, great sounding Rotary speakers, the works.
After decades of using brass slides for slide playing I tried out the Reverend Willy Ceramic slide from our friends at Dunlop and found the weight relief of a ceramic slide and interior surface not to cause the sweating of my finger as does brass when my finger is encased in brass.
I get the same great sound as brass without the fonk.
It’s kinna’ funny all the things that I’ve learned by just picking up a modest lap steel.
It’s really a shame that my becoming involved with my late personality disordered spouse didn’t hold for me all the joys of playing slide guitar, don’t get me wrong, I just wish that the same standards of excellence brought to the table by Lollar, Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio and Fralin, came with true love and doesn’t necessarily come with the same integrity when it comes to romantic relationships. But, again , it’s not really fair to compare a custom pickup to a relationship built from scratch, is it.

Today’s trick question is , hmmmmm?

What's outside the universe?​

Dr. James Beacham​

or

Life, the Universe, and Nothing: A Cosmic Mystery Story.​

ocxGbCWEI30MICaEPbc7bZRaV7fILyMiPsdRgrE4ybCPW_ruzXSfLV5izFUeslQbqnAn3CJvltIF5ooUtc6Prv7djzaip2T77mvd3QOIsiTg7_Kh_NMZqmjU4efg4Jn6afckPwnCnR4XpvVy0gZXLg

Watching DUST on Youtube , a sci-fi, outside of the box story telling vehicle .
I’m entertained, while the Cup of Noodles in the Microwave is “cooking”.
Do the sci-fi people of the imaginary future have Cup of Noodles?
Do they ask , What’s Outside the Universe?

Do the people of the imaginary future, that had to migrate to another planet in order to avoid the fate of the Dinosaurs?
Did they ever wonder how it came to pass and that migration at one point wasn’t necessary? Speaking of training and learning,
Have you ever considered owning a real kimono Dragon , could you train it to only eat the slaughtered goats that you feed it. Could you scratch under it’s chin or behind it’s ear like a pet cat ? Would it make the sound of dragons purring?
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22029481-000-
how-to-train-your-komodo-dragon/
Speaking of cool stuff
Where in the hell is Tore Mogensen, We was a blessing to the internet and he did the most humorous demo/ presentations with other guests that jammed on how cool some gear was while maintaining a clear sense of detachment from taking music gear and especially music gear on the internet too seriously.
He and Devin Townsend did some of the funniest minutes I’ve seen on the internet. Devin is so bent and brillyant any way , where’s Tore?

A few days have passed and the Guitar track recorded using the Bogner Ubershall pedal , makes me happy, This pedal is a keeper. imho.
I lived next door to one of the Monterey and San Jose HA chapter members over near Watsonville. Got to be close friends. Met Sonny at his house. Truely an honor to meet a legend.
" don't believe anything you hear and only part of what you see with your own two eyes"
Two legendary men
RIP Monterey Pops HAMC AFFA
RIP Ralph Sonny Barger HAMC AFFA

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Folks are folks for the most part, I tend to be real shy around folks so I don't really get to know many people ,with the exception of the N.A. and A.A. .