What have you bought guitar-related in the past 48 hrs?

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
Not sure if I posted this already but I ordered some Pure Vintage '52 Telecaster Dome Top chrome knobs for the Fender CTS solid shaft pots I ordered. I also ordered some no-name dome top Tele knobs w/ set screws to replace the knobs that came on the guitar since I still have the stock stuff installed. They were only $8 and look much better than stock.

The stock knobs are for import splined shaft pots and they're hollow inside. Instead of a nice solid chunk of brass, they're hollow with a plastic insert so they'll fit the splined shafts. I replaced them for that reason and the main reason; because the domes aren't right.

Theyre domed too much. Extremely rounded. So I got set screw knobs and put them on the splined shafts with zero problems. No wobbling and they're both at the same installed height. Whatever I read said to just install them with the set screw lined up with the slot so that's what I did and they went on without issue.

Last edited:

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
I was good all year. Really. Sold a ton of gear, started getting lessons to match my ability to my gear. I had GAS beat. Beaten totally.

And it all fell apart in the last 4 weeks.

To add to the Schecter Solo Six I got at the start of the month, I added a Blackstar HT20r Mk2 last week. Ok, I slipped, but I was done, sated, I was reasonable.

I then logged on to Thomann to buy a new Mono case for my Epi DOT, and I cracked. The Epi Firebird was back in stock after 12 weeks... I tried to resist by I crumbled, failed, and it turns up next week ><

bendercaster

Tele-Afflicted
I bought a Beringer Super Fuzz for $14! And I have a Maestro Comet Chorus on the way.
The Comet Chorus was supposed to come today. UPS said they delivered it to my front porch, but they never came. So now I have to wait for GC to "trace it" which they said could take 10 days. Bummer.

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I bought five mini-pedals, a bushel of patch cables and a small two-tier pedal board. I'm going to use three pedals I have on hand and put together a small single amp board to use for noodling and practice, so I don't have to pull the monster board out of its case for a quick goof.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
Nothing.

Unless you count the t-shirt and hat that I bought this morning that I'll wear onstage when I play drums in my band. I suppose that's guitar related since there are guitar players in my band, and they depend on me to do my thing.

It's probably been 4800 hours since I bought anything guitar related.

donrichfan

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
I picked up an Ivy League on Wednesday. I’ve never seen one of these pop up for sale, so I jumped when this one did. In great shape, looks new. 12” stock eminence sounds pretty good to me. Loving how this amp will stay clean pretty far up the dial, then turn crunchy tweed when I dig in. Ive been keeping the tone on 12 and volume around 8. So good.
Just a great amp for someone like me who tries to avoid pedals. P-90s sound especially sweet. At 28lbs, I’m thinking it’ll be my new gigging amp.
1669414340485.jpeg

1669414407266.jpeg

1669414617125.jpeg

old soul

Tele-Afflicted
Jumped on a black Friday deal and bought a new amp for jams, and 2 cheap fuzz pedals- 1 for me & 1 for my brother

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
I bought a Beringer Super Fuzz for $14! And I have a Maestro Comet Chorus on the way.
I also bought a Behringer Super Fuzz for $14!

And I have 3 Fender CTS pots on the way. 1 is an exchange from Amazon because the one I bought a couple of days ago measures too low. The other 2 are a separate order for 1 each of 250k linear & audio pots.

And still waiting on a control plate w/ slanted switch from True Custom Shop on Ebay.

swarfrat

Tele-Holic
Not super exciting but:
BEQ700-large.jpg.auto.webp

I have a guitar with a JJB 330 pickup (which does not like super high impedance inputs) and a Boss VE-8 which has a high impedance input. The BEQ7 has a 500k input which is about perfect for the JJB, and the EQ won't hurt. Once the bass hump/dc blocking is taken care of it's still kinda midrangey. Not at all a bad sound, just not what this guitar sounds like. Overall I love it and vastly prefer it to UST's. It just needs a bit of EQ and a medium input impedance

Being a BASS EQ gives me a 50hz slider to Pull down. I just figured out on the VE-8 that I can send vocal out one XLR, guitar out the other, and both out the 1/4 line jacks to a wedge, so the BEQ7/VE-8 is my acoustic guitar/singing rig.

A pedal board for two pedals sounds silly but I'm going to diy own anyway because it's just for playing out.

Last edited:

pipthepilot

Tele-Meister
woods.jpeg
Shopping trip to the timber merchants this morning to buy a few Guitars in waiting. Walnut, Zebrano and Ash. The piece on the right is a beautiful piece of Figured Ash, with really nice flame/ripple.

keithb7

Poster Extraordinaire
I bought guitar string in bulk. 25 sets. About ½ price. I was surprised when I opened the shipping box to see how they were packed. 25 of each string in a long individual bags. Strings not rolled up. I guess that's how they save money, not having to individually pack them. I will separate and pack them myself. I will seal them to keep them fresh. I think I'll have about a 2 years supply.