What have you bought guitar-related in the past 48 hrs?

Jsil13

Tele-Afflicted
Just bought this curly claro walnut top last night for a future build since it was 25% off. It will be going on top of a black limba blank that I already have. Plus I ordered some string ferrules for a 7 string build I'm working on.
img_3665-scaled.jpeg

Said black limba.
IMG_2096.jpeg

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Ordered 5 sets of Walker & Williams extra length Strap Locks. Nickel 2 sets, gold 3 sets.
Also ordered 2 sets of Gotoh traditional locking tuners, 1 set nickel the other gold.

bendercaster

Tele-Afflicted
These black Friday deals are killing me. I just ordered a Catalinbtead Soft Focus reverb pedal for the dream pop/ shoegazey board I'm putting together.

G Stone496

Tele-Meister
What are you putting it in? I'd really like to know how this turns out since I have an AV 72 Tele Custom. Also, will you be changing the pots?
A new or slightly used Fender American Professional Deluxe Tele that I’ll buy soon. The second pickup is on its way. Not sure about the pots. Did the original Deluxes from the ‘70s come with 500k pots?

CJM3309

Tele-Holic
That's one of my favorite lagers--relatively inexpensive compared ot a lot a of German lagers too.
It really it good! I bought it on a whim and haven't strayed from it since. Just a solid, drinkable lager. Definitely reasonably priced also

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
A new or slightly used Fender American Professional Deluxe Tele that I’ll buy soon. The second pickup is on its way. Not sure about the pots. Did the original Deluxes from the ‘70s come with 500k pots?
I think the 70s Wide Range Humbuckers employed 1meg. Some reports I've read say that's a good thing, some say the 500k is better.

1guy

Tele-Meister
I tried to justify my early black Friday purchases as stuff I needed......LMAO

I picked up a new pedal about a week ago...

Have a new lil amp head coming tomorrow...don't have a cabinet to play it through, but I couldn't pass up the price.

Got some patch cables to hook up my two pedals and I can remove the 10 footers..should have them by Tuesday of next week

Ordered some tuning peg buttons...not even sure which guitar I'll put em on...but I got em. jic

Attachments

• s-l400 (2).jpg
    s-l400 (2).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l400 (3).jpg
    s-l400 (3).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5

stantheman

Doctor of Teleocity
"Two...two mints in one."
Joyo "Sweet Baby" NICE...real nice into a ROLAND JC-40 made for each other.

Plus...a Joyo Zip Amp (BB XOTIC).
Too STUFFED from Gobble Gobble to
even open the box.

PLUS!!! I heard a rumour from The Toe.
...Joyman... let it sink in...Joyman...
I can't afford $300 but $100 is doable.
Doobie Doobie Doo...

J. Bonkosky

Tele-Holic
Would you recommend 500k pots on a Deluxe with 2 WRHB CuNiFe pickups? Or go with the standard 1 Megs?
I would use 1Meg pots on wide range humbuckers. Having said that, I am probably not the best person to ask as I put 1Meg pots on everything. I feel 1Meg pots bring out the full sound of all passive pickups. But you should try both to see what you prefer.

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
I bought a Beringer Super Fuzz for $14! And I have a Maestro Comet Chorus on the way.

I've been eyeballing the Super Fuzz ever since they started going for $29. Currently the high bidder on one on ebay. Hoping it's a no reserve auction. Wouldn't mind getting this for less than $5 +shipping

Just bought this curly claro walnut top last night for a future build since it was 25% off. It will be going on top of a black limba blank that I already have. Plus I ordered some string ferrules for a 7 string build I'm working on.
View attachment 1054402

Said black limba.
View attachment 1054404

What's that offset ML-type thing in the black limba? It almost looks like a Dimebag signature ML but it sort of looks like a star guitar, too? I'm not real familiar with the star guitar so that could be an exact outline of one and I'd not know it.

Jsil13

Tele-Afflicted
I've been eyeballing the Super Fuzz ever since they started going for $29. Currently the high bidder on one on ebay. Hoping it's a no reserve auction. Wouldn't mind getting this for less than $5 +shipping

What's that offset ML-type thing in the black limba? It almost looks like a Dimebag signature ML but it sort of looks like a star guitar, too? I'm not real familiar with the star guitar so that could be an exact outline of one and I'd not know it.

It’s kind of like a Kramer Voyager or ESP Random Star. I cut up Gibson Explorer plans to make the templates. I don’t know if that’s what I’ll make with that blank, but it is Explorer sized. I’m working on a V shape in my notebook now, but here are some of the Voyager guitars. One seven string in black limba, and one chambered sapele with a flame maple top. Both with curly maple/ziricote necks. I do plan on making the comically large headstocks smaller once I drill for tuners.
159934F2-1DF9-4F0F-A326-BB2585F91C72.jpeg
59F5CFF0-6C89-4E18-92D5-788A8B29E145.jpeg

bendercaster

Tele-Afflicted

Sweetwater had them half-off earlier this week, plus free shipping--it seemed like a low risk way to check out that Super Fuzz sound. It didn't disappoint. I already have a Danelectro 3699/Foxx Tone Machine, but I really like Super Fuzz. The octave effect isn't as prominent as with the Foxx style.fuzz, but I dig it.