What have you bought guitar-related in the past 48 hrs?

Hodgo88

Tele-Holic
Ad Free Member
I've ordered one of those 335 kits from StewMac. I've never done a set-neck before, so this should be interesting. They were on sale, so worst case scenario I've just wasted 70 less dollars than I would have last month.

Nice! I put one in my '86 MIJ Tele Custom. Like it a lot.
I too was eyeing the 335 kits.... Knowing me I'd spend $500 "upgrading" it anyway

Twang-ineer

Tele-Holic
It's been a busy 48 hours (ok.... 54 four hours really)

Fender Pugilist
Fender Full Moon
Fender Santa Ana
Mesa Cleo
Mesa Gold Mine
(Another) Joyo American Sound
4 18" Patch cables
Two rolls of Velcro

Sounds like a good long weekend with the house to myself!

The Full Moon is the only one I have had real time with so far. And as usual, if "the internet" hates a pedal, I often love it. The 4 band EQ is very easy to get a bad sound out of... but if you know what you are doing, the voicing is just right, makes it a jack of all trades. It is absolutely "High Gain" but it is still a Fender interpretation of high gain. If you want Mesa high gain, well buy a Mesa. I did plug the Mesa Gold mine in and yeah... totally sounds like a Mesa with Marshall flavor on top.

From that list it is obvious, a totally a new pedalboard in the making. Already had my Mosky reverb waiting and the rest of the fixins. And to confirm, I am intending to plug $1,000 (MSRP) worth of pedals int a $40 (MSRP) Joyo pedal as my amp sim. When I am going into a combo amp, the Joyo is off, if I want to go to mains or FRFR, I know the Joyo well enough to get my sound in any room in seconds. It isn't the best amp sim.... but it is the amp sim I know the best.

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I ordered a Tele pickguard in tortoise, routed for a Strat neck pickup. Yeah, another rabbit hole.
I bought a pickguard a couple of months ago for the same purpose. It's not routed for a strat neck pickup though. I dug out the Dremel last night. The strat pickup is from a Nashville tele. It's going to replace a Seymour Duncan STR-1 Vintage Tele Rhythm neck pickup I've had in an Indonesian-made Squier Standard telecaster for the past 10 years.

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
I am trying not to be such a hopeless consumer lately. But I did just buy yet another $50 Mother Mary strap earlier today. 😅
A UK dealer I often use has just had a new batch in - I've got several and I'm always tempted.

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Bought a few weeks ago but arrived today from Poland. So kinda.
1669183100497.jpeg

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
I bought a pack of four cheap hydrometers to place in my acoustic guitar cases. Four for $9.95. We got a new heat pump this year that came with a nifty electronic thermostat that allows remote control on your phone. One feature is that it also gives you fun facts such as outdoor temp and indoor humidity. Here in this U.S. Mid-Atlantic coastal town it has already registered humidity in the low thirties. That seems a little low, and goes against the two hydrometers I have out in the house.

Back story: In June, I sent a guitar out of town to a brand-certified luthier for repairs. He promptly collapsed and had emergency heart surgery. I'm praying for his good recovery. Meanwhile, no idea when I'll get the guitar back... It was in that guitar's case where I kept the hydrometer to keep track of guitar humity and know when to start humidifying.

So now I will now have multiple hydrometers in the cases.

Bob

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I haven't seen a thread like this so please excuse me if I've missed it.

I started one of these at Strat-Talk and it's quite popular so I figured id try it here. I originally got the idea from the Fender forum.

What guitar-related purchases have you made in the last 48 hrs? Post em up!

I'll start. To continue upgrading my Indio Retro DLX Plus(Tele), I ordered a set of Pure Vintage '52 Telecaster knobs for the Fender vintage solid shaft audio taper pots I ordered the day before.

Ordered a vintage taper 250k pot from Sweetwater, as well.

The curly cable I ordered Saturday came in today, also.

So did the first set of Tele round dome knobs I ordered. These seem to be too round on top, though. So I ordered the 52 Tele knobs to see how they look.

What have you bought in the last couple of days? Share it with the group!
Nothing, but I've been scouting for a AVRI 52' Hot Rod, and have found one in Canada, and a number on Reverb in the US. The Reverb offerings are more expensive (and two of them are slightly nicer looking), especially when factoring in shipping and the prospect of brokerage fees if I don't make some kind of arrangement to have it delivered to an address in Niagara Falls. Still thinking about it.

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
I just ordered a couple of Bourns 500K MN taper blend pots (I only need 1) to rewire an Ibanez GSRM20 bass I bought a few weeks ago. I already have the other pots in my parts bin.

1 21 gigawatts

Tele-Afflicted
Nothing yet. Was hoping for some good Black Friday deals, but haven't come across much yet.

I did see where JHS pedals are 20% off on Amazon.

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
Mono m80 semi-hollow guitar gigbag. Really fed up of carrying around my 335s in hard cases. Expensive, but if it’s anything like the other one I have for solid body guitars, I’ll be happy.

There may be an Epiphone Firebird in the works before the end of the week too.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
We have 5 nights booked next week.
I ordered a Boss WL-20L wireless system for guitar from GC Monday morning.
They just let me know it’s back ordered.
Boooooooo!!!!!
Hisssssssss!!!!!
Maybe I’ll cancel and call Sweetwater.

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
I received in the mail, a couple custom sets of strings from JustStrings.com. Their .010s for little E were out and backordered so those were not yet included. Thankfully, they won’t be charging to ship them when they are sent. It kinda stinks because I’ll have to wait until they arrive to change strings again. I’m retired and not driving myself, and not a guitar store I know of that sells singles, near enough to ask my wife to take me to get a couple. Just a little first world problem to exercise my patience, because changing strings is a fun pastime for me.

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Afflicted
Nothing in the past 48 hrs, but do have some pots and a 5 way switch in my Reverb cart. I've also been sniffing around the Harley-Benton site, specifically eyeing their fiesta red 50's style P bass.