What happened to the app? (merged)

Discussion in 'Mobile App Support' started by robt57, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I have gone over to using my phone browser (Safari) to access TDPRI, works fine. I've pulled the plug on Tapatalk, it was usable but a constant deluge of notifications by email when I had ticked the settings for all notifictions by any means to off somewhat ticked me off.

2. magic smoke

magic smoke Tele-Meister

I’ve been getting the same error message on my iPhone 6s for over a week now. Deleted and reinstalled the app twice now, still not working

3. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

The app is gone. Dead. Buried. Kaput. Never to return. An historical relic. A thing of the past. A memory...

It’s not coming back and it will never be in the App Store.

The new site owners have killed it. They’re not working on it. They have no interest in it.

It’s gone. Period.

This is from Alex, the site administrator:

http://www.tdpri.com/goto/post?id=8840296#post-8840296

4. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Before I used the app [back when] using droid browser was terrible. Not the case now. When did the mobile site get implemented and 'mature' so well?

5. whodatpat

whodatpat Friend of Leo's

No adds on the mobile app., so it had to go....

6. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Are we ever getting the apps back ? I use them on my I pad , I phone, and I use the tdpri, strat talk and Squier forums ? The browser method is way harder to navigate !

7. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

WE WANT OUR APPS BACK, YOURE RUINING THREE GREAT FORUMS '!!!!!!!!

nick0, Modman68 and soulgeezer like this.
  8. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

To me, it's a very sad state when I see this forum going as it is. I started back in the late 90's; when Noam Pikelny, who created the forum, ran it. It was basically a bulletin board style forum, where your posts could get lost easy; so you had to stay on it to keep up.

Noam decided to go back to school and literally closed down the forum. I guess he didn't really get just how huge the user membership had gotten; because folks were disappointed, angry, and outraged.

Paul Green stepped in and took ownership of the forum and brought it back. Through the years, Paul did several upgrades and added features to the forum. I see folks here from way back when I started. Then I find out that Paul sold the forum. Why? I don't know, but selling to a large entity never ends well for anyone but the company.

Before I found out that Paul sold it, I did notice that some things were different and not in a good way. I will still get on the forum; but I honestly think the usefulness of this forum is dying a slow death. I hope I'm wrong.

9. msbettyhunt

msbettyhunt NEW MEMBER!

3603 Edison Place - Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
    Here too!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.