What Guitar Have You Been Playing Lately?

FenderGyrl

Poster Extraordinaire
Awesome guitars and stories everyone. I wish I could respond to all of them. Its good to see everybodies stuff along with whats goin on in our lives. Way Cool... I've read every post. I have some of the same guitars that I've seen.
Really inspiring everyone.
FG

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Fendergyrl's parties get crowded fast, and (as usual) I'm late getting there.....but the ONLY guitar I've been playing lately is my relatively new Godin Multiac Encore nylon. As I've mentioned, I'm putting together an acoustic duo/trio to play brew pub type gigs. I'm just tired of the high volume and massive gear handling for full band stuff. If I find a good upright bassist, I'd love that, but likely no electric bass player. My Godin has a nice low end "growl", and hopefully that will suffice for the "bottom". Wish me luck! ;)
View attachment 987922
Good luck, dutifully wished. Cool Godin! Wish I lived closer, and had some guitarrón chops to go with my guitarrón.

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I was strictly using Teles (Danocaster, Logan) for the longest time.

dano-planks.jpg

logan.jpg

Then I picked up a Les Paul Custom in January and went on an LP binge for the past few months, between the Custom, a Standard, and an old Electra Omega.

lesters.jpg

I did a karaoke gig on Thursday night and brought out the old Ibanez Artist. I forget how good that guitar sounds.

DSC_0001.jpg

The brunt of my gigs for the next couple of months will be subbing in with a friend's country band, so I'll be going back to the Teles for the foreseeable.

Studio-wise, I've got a couple of racks full of stuff, and I've been recording solos with a Partscaster Strat with a humbucker and single volume control, which I don't have a photo of. So, as usual I'm a mess and all over the yard. :)

- D

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I was strictly using Teles (Danocaster, Logan) for the longest time.

dano-planks.jpg

logan.jpg

Then I picked up a Les Paul Custom in January and went on an LP binge for the past few months, between the Custom, a Standard, and an old Electra Omega.

View attachment 988061

I did a karaoke gig on Thursday night and brought out the old Ibanez Artist. I forget how good that guitar sounds.

DSC_0001.jpg

The brunt of my gigs for the next couple of months will be subbing in with a friend's country band, so I'll be going back to the Teles for the foreseeable.

Studio-wise, I've got a couple of racks full of stuff, and I've been recording solos with a Partscaster Strat with a humbucker and single volume control, which I don't have a photo of. So, as usual I'm a mess and all over the yard. :)

- D
Can you explain what a "karaoke gig" is? Are YOU playing along to a track.....or are you accompanying a singer who is playing along to YOU? It might be fun (in a perverse way) to let singers sing to a live band, in the same way they can sing to a karaoke track, with the lyric screen dictating precise time and arrangement. You'd have to be able to pay top-notch musicians enough to make it worthwhile. ;)

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
This 2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio “Coppertop” that got in a trade. Supposedly only 200 made in 2002. It has a non-weight relieved solid Mahogany body, a big 50’s type LP neck, and an Ebony board.

I got this guitar and a much more expensive guitar in the trade, but it seems that I have been playing this one more.

View attachment 987906
View attachment 987911

That Coppertop is nice! Only the second one of those I've ever seen.

- D

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Can you explain what a "karaoke gig" is? Are YOU playing along to a track.....or are you accompanying a singer who is playing along to YOU? It might be fun (in a perverse way) to let singers sing to a live band, in the same way they can sing to a karaoke track, with the lyric screen dictating precise time and arrangement. You'd have to be able to pay top-notch musicians enough to make it worthwhile. ;)

'Live rock karaoke' - karaoke with a full live band. This band has got a list of about 2000 songs(!!!), and people sign up and tell us what song they want to sing and we back them up.

It can be hit or miss with singers, because a lot of people pick songs that they want to sing, not necessarily songs they can sing. But most people are serviceable singers, and every once in a while someone comes up and just blows the house away with how good they are. A couple of weeks ago a guy got up to sing 'Fell On Black Days' by Soundagrden, and we weren't expecting much. But the dude absolutely nailed it. That's what makes the gig pretty awesome.

I've been doing the live karaoke gigs for about 12 years now, and the band I currently sub with is the fourth different karaoke band I've worked with. It pays to know a bunch of songs, because I keep getting the calls. :)

- D

Doc Smotpoker

TDPRI Member
Decisions, decisions....

First up, Epi LP Special I P90, new nut and bridge. This could be my only electric, incredible value and plays so nice:

View attachment 987958

Next Partscaster. Indian Laurel fretboard neck from a Squier Bullet Tele, body from 1970s Chinese T-style, funky pickups I love:

View attachment 987963

Squier Bullet Tele Body, MIM Cabronita neck, 4-way switch, OEM pickups, very nice:

View attachment 987964

I have that Epi LP Special I except with humbuckers, it just arrived yesterday. It has a worn finish that you can actually see the wood grain where it didn’t fill in, which is cool.

Attachments

• Epi Les Paul Special 1.jpeg
    Epi Les Paul Special 1.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 6

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
3E38E0A4-F7EB-4527-BE0F-19567938F6A7.jpeg

03A32AE4-D19F-44A4-AF46-3531D6D74909.jpeg

For bass gigs- G&L L1000 in Royal Purple is my main squeeze.

For electric guitar gigs- I can’t play anything anymore but my Silver Sky. I keep trying, because I still love my other guitars, and they’re really nice but they just don’t have what the SS does.

For acoustic gigs- My Cole Clark Angel 2.
28C5A844-5C71-4835-A8D6-5635B45337BC.jpeg

Doc Smotpoker

TDPRI Member
I usually try to play all of my guitars at least once a week. I’ve got a few PRS guitars that I love playing, a PRS 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 in Black Gold Burst which is an awesome guitar, a PRS SE 24 in Translucent Blue which is another nice player. A PRS SE 245 that gets a lot of my time, a PRS SE Santana that is a joy to play especially with Rev. Willy’s Mexican Lottery 7’s on it. I also play my Fender 60th Anniversary Nashville Deluxe Telecaster a lot.

I recently bought one of the Epi/Gibson Custom Shop ‘59 Les Paul Standards which is built to the exact specs, and wiring of the era that I’ve been playing quite a lot. I also put some 24k gold plated strings on that, and it roars. After that I bought a Epi Les Paul Special I in worn Pelham Blue that I’ve been checking out. I think I don’t much care for the Epi pickups especially since my ‘59 has Gibson Burstbucker 2 & 3’s in it. It may just get an upgrade.

Attachments

• 35th Anniversary PRS SE Custom 24 Black Gold Burst 1.jpeg
    35th Anniversary PRS SE Custom 24 Black Gold Burst 1.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 12
  • PRS Standard 1.jpeg
    PRS Standard 1.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PRS SE 245 Standard.jpeg
    PRS SE 245 Standard.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 14
  • PRS Santana.jpeg
    PRS Santana.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 60th Anniversary Nashville Tele 3.jpeg
    60th Anniversary Nashville Tele 3.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 59 Limited Edition Epi Les Paul Standard.jpeg
    59 Limited Edition Epi Les Paul Standard.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Epi Les Paul Special 1.jpeg
    Epi Les Paul Special 1.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 12

Tele-Meister

Tele-Meister

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Since we got back from our Utah trip it's been mostly acoustic for me, and mostly in the early morning before anyone else is up.
First day in a while I've turned on an amp, thought I'd give ol' Lester a turn, and the #2 Peavey, before all the popular ones start calling me.

1653765795654923813319.jpg

Swamp version of all my songs, 'bout 3 intensity and 6 speed. Too bad this amp is so noisy when it's idling; I'd play it a lot more.

And I'm working out my real-tortoise pick, too, which I found the other day about 3 years after I put it away in a safe place, before I put it back in my keyring pouch where it belongs.