What Guitar Have You Been Playing Lately?

Sebbe

TDPRI Member
The one I just recently got:
20220526_135033.jpg

MTPoteet

Tele-Holic
I usually play my Strat partscaster (my main guitar since 1986) for all of my finger exercises in the mornings.

I have recently decided to play a different guitar every night when I'm sitting around noodling. I got an Epiphone Les Paul a couple of weeks ago and couldn't put it down, that's when I made that decision.

If I'm recording, I use whatever I think fits the tune, usually which ever guitar I used to come up with the part with.

donrichfan

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
This 2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio “Coppertop” that got in a trade. Supposedly only 200 made in 2002. It has a non-weight relived solid Mahogany body, a big 50’s type LP neck, and an Ebony board.

I got this guitar and a much more expensive guitar in the trade but it seems that I have been playing this one more.

View attachment 987906
View attachment 987911
Cool color!

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
The weekend is here.
What guitar has worked its way to the front of the pack in your home?

Me... I was deep into Drop Tunings and stuff all winter. Drop B tuning, etc. One day I just got bored with it.
Didn't play for awhile. Which is not normal. Unless life has really kicked the stuffing outta me.

I dug out some Strats.
Found my 90s MIM.
It's always has a gnarly bite to it.

Plugged it in and realized that I REALLY missed playing a Strat.
Had a few great weeks of playing so far. So much so that I'm thinkin' maybe I'll just stick with Strats for good.

What about you folks?
FG
Fendergyrl's parties get crowded fast, and (as usual) I'm late getting there.....but the ONLY guitar I've been playing lately is my relatively new Godin Multiac Encore nylon. As I've mentioned, I'm putting together an acoustic duo/trio to play brew pub type gigs. I'm just tired of the high volume and massive gear handling for full band stuff. If I find a good upright bassist, I'd love that, but likely no electric bass player. My Godin has a nice low end "growl", and hopefully that will suffice for the "bottom". Wish me luck! ;)
1653741372791.jpeg

kuch

Tele-Holic
The weekend is here.
What guitar has worked its way to the front of the pack in your home?

Me... I was deep into Drop Tunings and stuff all winter. Drop B tuning, etc. One day I just got bored with it.
Didn't play for awhile. Which is not normal. Unless life has really kicked the stuffing outta me.

I dug out some Strats.
Found my 90s MIM.
It's always has a gnarly bite to it.

Plugged it in and realized that I REALLY missed playing a Strat.
Had a few great weeks of playing so far. So much so that I'm thinkin' maybe I'll just stick with Strats for good.

What about you folks?
FG

Recently watched a movie on the tube called "once upon a time in hollywood" and it featured a song by jose feliciano-california dreaming. I loved that song and his rendition of it. Sooo... I've been playing the 000-28 trying to figure it out this week.

I guess it depends on what I'm hearing in my head that day when I walk into my "music" room that "chooses" which guitar to take down off the wall. it's usually the 52 hotrod or the ec strat, but sometimes i'm in a "jazzy" mood and take down the 330. so little time....

CIMG0707.JPG
20220519_054906.jpg
04 G&L Asat classic thinline.jpg
20220331_123010.jpg
20220130_104847.jpg

Last edited:

Controller

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Decisions, decisions....

First up, Epi LP Special I P90, new nut and bridge. This could be my only electric, incredible value and plays so nice:

Epiphone LP Special II full.jpg

Next Partscaster. Indian Laurel fretboard neck from a Squier Bullet Tele, body from 1970s Chinese T-style, funky pickups I love:

Complete Regal partscaster.jpg

Squier Bullet Tele Body, MIM Cabronita neck, 4-way switch, OEM pickups, very nice:

Bullet complete with mods - 2.jpg

Last edited:

Weazel

Tele-Afflicted
Since my arthritis attack has softened somewhat I have been able to pick up a guitar again, just for some mellow noodling in front of the TV. And because of its convenient size and layout, the Spirit (by Steinberger) is my guitar of choice right now.

It is a really pleasant little fellow.

Toadtele

Friend of Leo's
FBC8ACED-A051-41D4-A264-5C28C5B6D515.jpeg

I’ve been getting to know this CV the last week or so. I bought it on a whim last fall. I immediately put on new strings and did a set up. Played it for an hour and hung it up.
It’s solid man. No issues. Sounds great unplugged. Much brighter than my 60’s CV thinline.
It would be a great unplugged deck guitar but they get knocked around out there and I have enough “relic” guitars.

HaWE

Tele-Meister