What Guitar Have You Been Playing Lately?

Doomguy

Tele-Holic
I've been getting back into my Epiphone SG, tuned to D standard/drop C. The new guitar feeling on my seven string finally began to fade after a year or so and the higher tuning (yes, drop C is high for me) works better for the black metal stuff that I've been doing lately then my Gibson SG in B standard. It's just a really solid guitar.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
As always, the most home play goes to my '93 Martin D-1. ( 29 years of gigs and jams- now sort of retired from gigs)

- electric gig fun (.lately) going to a new Squier Tele Thinline- love it!
Your dog has the same look mine gets, it’s the “he’s got a guitar he’s not going to pay attention to me for an hour” look

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
back in october of 21 i got a 2019 les paul junior double cut with a p90 and havent stop playing it since

XwewMGM.jpg

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
My latest Squier Classic Vibe 50s Teles live on these hangers lately. I find myself gravitating to the Vintage blonde. It is a complete partscaster that started with the original maple neck from the Butterscotch Blonde CV50. I bought the CV50 body from Stratosphere. The pickups are Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II pickups with a 4 way Toneshaper. It has Gotoh vintage locking tuners. The rest of the hardware is Fender, Callaham, Rutters, etc. Love the way it sounds and feels. It is my number 1 practice guitar :cool:

1D692DBA-EBAB-4D03-89E7-01101E3C0C85.jpeg 4F16670D-B4CB-4F6E-AF07-7A248E57DDD8.jpeg 62D68E33-B654-46EF-9B48-574156A117E8.jpeg 6D152AC0-7C74-453C-9C4E-20C9C9E082C1.jpeg

Last edited:

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Fun thread! Some of you have great axes wow.

I don’t have enough quantity to be too picky. My Gretsch 3161 on flats or MiM Tele are all I practice on and I usually just alternate days of week. Our “living room” acoustics get a lot of love; GS Mini, Breedlove CE mahog and a ‘student’ classical.

I should practice bass more. Always just go to the fun stuff when I pick it up

jays0n

Friend of Leo's
This 80s Bullet I put 4 strings on, like a Tenor except I set them as E A D G. I put flat wounds (from a set of 11s or 12s) on it. It’s an odd setup but has been forcing me to really learn some new inversions to play about anything. It’s fun.
3BD48969-D6BE-4596-A41A-4DA90AC96AF2.jpeg

I just got a new nut blank to replace the hacked up one I first did. I got the spacing a bit off the first time.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
The weekend is here.
What guitar has worked its way to the front of the pack in your home?

Me... I was deep into Drop Tunings and stuff all winter. Drop B tuning, etc. One day I just got bored with it.
Didn't play for awhile. Which is not normal. Unless life has really kicked the stuffing outta me.

I dug out some Strats.
Found my 90s MIM.
It's always has a gnarly bite to it.

Plugged it in and realized that I REALLY missed playing a Strat.
Had a few great weeks of playing so far. So much so that I'm thinkin' maybe I'll just stick with Strats for good.

What about you folks?
FG
^^^Ditto on the Strats. Been playing Teles and Gibsons mostly lately. Then I picked up my Strat a coupla weeks ago, and it really felt and sounded good, so I'm playing it much more. It's a lightwieght, 6.82 lbs., ash-bodied American Standard Strat that I brought new in 1999.

99FndrStrat.jpg

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
The three on the right. I've been playing my new Telecaster daily for two weeks (unplugged). I have also been playing my 12-string, and learned "Wish You Were Here" (I just posted the test to "Twanger"). I tried the Tele and my Strat for the intro lead, and the Strat won (although the action is too low). <Edit> The Strat's neck pickup had the better unprocessed "sort of acoustic" tone.

IMG_2409.jpg

Last edited:

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
My home-built 25.5" scale Breadwinner tribute I built back in 2016. I just can't put it down. I pick up the Squier Strat every now and again, but it just doesn't feel right.
ibQ6Eja.jpg

This one does. Every time.
A guy down the dorm hall in college had an Ovation kind of like that, and I recall the pickups looking about that size but the pole pieces were arranged across them in a diagonal line. Is that how yours is? I can’t tell
By zooming in.

It was a very clear-sounding bright guitar, but not shrill or harsh (even through his Crate G40C amp!) and I recall the action being pretty slick.

Cool guitar!
This 80s Bullet I put 4 strings on, like a Tenor except I set them as E A D G. I put flat wounds (from a set of 11s or 12s) on it. It’s an odd setup but has been forcing me to really learn some new inversions to play about anything. It’s fun.
View attachment 987729
I just got a new nut blank to replace the hacked up one I first did. I got the spacing a bit off the first time.

Wow! Lookit that! We need to hear some of that thing in the Twanger Central forum! Cool idea.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Circumstances dictated that I separate from most of my guitars for a few months. Now they’re back and almost all of them are on a five guitar stand on wheels, so it’s easy to play any one of them. I am playing my A-A Franken-Bari the most, though. (Yes @mexicanyella it started life as a Squier Bullet Strat like yours.)

Attachments

• DFCCCEEE-832A-4687-96D7-A7464BE21B92.jpeg
    DFCCCEEE-832A-4687-96D7-A7464BE21B92.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 30

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Circumstances dictated that I separate from most of my guitars for a few months. Now they’re back and almost all of them are on a five guitar stand on wheels, so it’s easy to play any one of them. I am playing my A-A Franken-Bari the most, though. (Yes @mexicanyella it started life as a Squier Bullet Strat like yours.)

I remember seeing a photo of that one awhile back, but maybe still with the Bullet neck on it...?

Cool project! What is the pickup?

I forgot to include the other thing I’ve been “playing” lately: the Lucida Guitarrón I got for my b-day back in December...
74EC12C2-40FE-4E7C-88E9-162850AB7797.jpeg

Bday guitarrón .jpg

Vocalion

Tele-Meister
Lately? I recently picked up my first Les Paul on a lark, an Epiphone Les Paul Special in TV Yellow. It has become my late night noodling on the couch guitar. The compact size is great for that compared to my Fenders. I keep it on the couch next to me in the media room plugged into my Spark 40.