What Guitar Have You Been Playing Lately?

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Still enjoying my latest Tele- an early '90s, Japanese Squier, with a Duncan Quarter Pounder, in the bridge. That pickup is a trip- and the guitar is a sweet player.
IMG_20220520_193908895.jpg

Telecaster582

Tele-Afflicted
I gotta play my acoustic till Thursday when when I can get two high E strings. I was trying to replace the tuners, showing dad that by the time you tune the whole thing the high E is at a G. So I'm trying.to demonstrate and pop! The ball comes off the end of the string. So, I go play my Tele (the first one was a strat), and then pop! The high E is broken. And I don't know if you've ever tried playing the little fills in "Apache" but it's like impossible without your E string.

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
Honey, my 2020 USA performer Telecaster, in Honeyburst.

Really been getting into some southern rock bands right now, and am writing more and more in that vein. Makes a change as my last band was a metalcore band, but these days i’m much more chilled out and after a different vibe!

42F68883-E50E-4E6C-A7D0-A911D50055AC.jpeg

F74D6996-AC7F-43BB-A7DD-D7BF7B09CF05.jpeg

aFewGoodTaters

Tele-Meister
this one arrived on May 24 and I have been playing it exclusively

HUGE BASBALL BAT NECK = .974" @ FRET 1

It is a replica of a '63 Korina Explorer; the era when Gibson was putting previously unassembled 1958/1959 examples out the door with nickle hardware, reflector knobs, and white bean tuners.

View attachment 998088

View attachment 998089

View attachment 998090

KILLER guitar, Sir!

My Les Paul Jr has neck measurements in that range. An absolute joy to play a nice Louisville Slugger neck.

Matt G

Tele-Afflicted
Haven't touched a guitar in weeks, and haven't any inclination to do so in the future. I still want to purge almost all of my music gear.

Know anyone who would like a one year old 700 series Taylor 12 string? $3000 new. How about half that amount plus a bit for shipping?
Case included, of course.
I hope all's well, John. Sounds like a big change - unless I missed a joke somewhere along the way, due to not dropping in for a week or so.

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
My Danelectro.
It's loud enough to play without an amp, but not too loud as to disturb others in the house. Something else the Danelectro does with aplomb that Telecasters don't is loud pinch harmonics. Bear with me on this. Squealies on the Danelectro assume a similar volume to regular single notes when not using an amplifier. While they ring out loud and true through an amp with the Telecasters, acoustically, the Danelectro wins hands down.
Even my archtop cannot match it. That's too loud when the house is full, as it always seems to be these days.
It may be my perception of it more than any tangible reality, but I like it, so nerr.
I once read that Jimi Hendrix took his Danelectro/Silvertone with him when he joined the army for just that reason. Acoustically, they're very capable guitars.