What Guitar Have You Been Playing Lately?

Jsil13

Tele-Afflicted
I've gotten back into playing metal recently and picked up this Schecter CR-6 for a good price and I'm really enjoying it. It plays nice, is lightweight, comfortable, and sounds good for what I was looking for. Of course I'm already modding it not because it needed it, but because it's something that I enjoy doing. I added Hipshot locking tuners, some black heavy knurled knobs, and a set of Seymour Duncan Black Winter pickups.
IMG_1157.jpeg

My other main guitars are my pine bodied telebird and my Jaguar partscaster. Both have Warmoth roasted maple/rosewood necks and are fun to play.
IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_0633.jpeg

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
The PRS Fiore.

This guitar has 11 different tones (all Strat and Tele sounds) and a few more as well. I own a bunch of really nice Strats and Telecasters, and I've AB'd them with this guitar. The pickups are slightly beefier sounding than my '60 Strat and '63 Tele. Although the Fiore is not exactly the same tone as a typical Strat or Tele, it's so dang close it's a wash.

This guitar is a peach.

Peegoo-PRS-L1-4323.jpg
Not really the same but I wanted basically Esquire plus and rigged this up with a cheap import F bird pickup I swapped proper alnico bars into and a nickel silver cover, then jammed a 72 Strat pickup in next to it backwards to fit.
Recording its really hard to tell which pickup is selected by ear, but playing you can feel the bit of extra meat on the HB and of course no hum, though I don’t really hear hum at home.
The F bird has a squeal though so I ended up swapping in a single bridge TVJ Magna’Tron which could easily be mistaken for an Esquire tone but again without any hum.
E3883A66-4189-4A97-B89D-00FC421A2507.jpeg

Jipes

Tele-Meister
My last week was splitted between my two bands playing for the Music Day in France so in order I mainly play for the Soulhunters
- Martin J-41 Special (mainly in open G and some custom tunings)
- Harmony Meteor for all the Blues and Gospel songs (Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Bill Withers...)

On Friday with the Blues Dogs
- Nash TL-52 (always on standard tuning)
- Fender Esquire (for all the Double Dropped D tuning)

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Esquire.jpg
    Esquire.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 14

JJLC

Tele-Holic
this one arrived on May 24 and I have been playing it exclusively

HUGE BASBALL BAT NECK = .974" @ FRET 1

It is a replica of a '63 Korina Explorer; the era when Gibson was putting previously unassembled 1958/1959 examples out the door with nickle hardware, reflector knobs, and white bean tuners.

Exp rep delivery.jpg

Exp route.jpg

Exp tenon.jpg

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Haven't touched a guitar in weeks, and haven't any inclination to do so in the future. I still want to purge almost all of my music gear.

Know anyone who would like a one year old 700 series Taylor 12 string? $3000 new. How about half that amount plus a bit for shipping?
Case included, of course.
IMG_20210225_223058747.jpg

Last edited:

greenhornet

Tele-Meister
I've been playing it for over a year now, just recently put my '08 American Standard back in its case. Comparing the two: the '08 build and finish is a hair above th Robert Cray Stratocaster. The body is rounder, a better thinner finish, incredible neck... The RCS has the thicker poly finish and a swirly rosewood neck, which I know are looked upon with disfavor. But the RCS plays like it was made for me-- incredibly light, fits like a glove, and sounds out of this world. And I even put Pure Vintage 65 Pickups on the '08.
IMG_20210710_092510_hdr.jpg

beep.click

Poster Extraordinaire
The RCS has the thicker poly finish and a swirly rosewood neck, which I know are looked upon with disfavor. But the RCS plays like it was made for me-- incredibly light, fits like a glove, and sounds out of this world.

Well then you have to sell that one immediately. That's what the rest of us would do. We're a little stupid that way...

:oops:

jays0n

Friend of Leo's
The PRS Fiore.

This guitar has 11 different tones (all Strat and Tele sounds) and a few more as well. I own a bunch of really nice Strats and Telecasters, and I've AB'd them with this guitar. The pickups are slightly beefier sounding than my '60 Strat and '63 Tele. Although the Fiore is not exactly the same tone as a typical Strat or Tele, it's so dang close it's a wash.

This guitar is a peach.

Peegoo-PRS-L1-4323.jpg
I have it in Black and each time I see yours, I want the red :(
It’s interesting that mine came with the same beige carpet:
BE3AFC33-B262-4752-BB8A-2EA558F6F7FB.jpeg

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I was using my 2000 American Series Strat for a few weeks. I really do like it. Nothing bites like a Strat with some stank on it.

But this week it’s been the Les Paul.