What Guitar Have You Been Playing Lately?

Matt G

Tele-Afflicted
I've been holding down the low end with this. . . .

1656080475250.jpeg

cometazzi

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Ol' Reliable, my 90s Squier II:

Mavis.jpg

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away I bought this on my 16th birthday. It's got a different pickup arrangement now but it's otherwise the same.

I've gone through many guitar piles lately, the latest episode being LP-style guitars. I bought a Telecaster last year because of this forum. It's alright.

Then I picked up this guitar on a whim, and it just felt like coming home after a long trip. I don't know if it's this particular guitar (kinda hope not) or if I'm just a Strat Guy through and through. I really feel like it's the latter.

So yeah, there must be Strat Fever going around or something, since a bunch of us are getting back into our Strats.

Last edited:

cometazzi

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
^^^Ditto on the Strats. Been playing Teles and Gibsons mostly lately. Then I picked up my Strat a coupla weeks ago, and it really felt and sounded good, so I'm playing it much more. It's a lightwieght, 6.82 lbs., ash-bodied American Standard Strat that I brought new in 1999.

View attachment 987730

That is gorgeous!

WireLine

Tele-Afflicted
Epi Les Paul retrofitted with SD Antiquities mini humbucker, and an Ibanez AM93…Bass a Guild Starfire II and/or Mustang PJ.

Carpal tunnel is being a real *****

JohnnyCrash

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
This… uh… I guess attempt at salvaging a Burns style body. Had to cut and bevel that jagged pickguard by hand.

Armstrong “Firebird” pickups. Bright. Can be brash and kerangy — or sweet and chimey.

It’s like a zombie guitar b-movie homage to the ‘63 Firebird… Pontiac or Gibson :D

082D6188-1E8C-4CEB-8207-BE26AA33B252.jpeg

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
Epi Les Paul retrofitted with SD Antiquities mini humbucker, and an Ibanez AM93…Bass a Guild Starfire II and/or Mustang PJ.

Carpal tunnel is being a real *****
Carpal tunnel is no joke. Please, don’t delay getting carpal tunnel release surgery! I’ve had it done on both hands. I waited too long to have it done on my right hand, after a successful left hand surgery. The tips of my right thumb, index finger, and middle finger remain somewhat numb, and the muscle in the base of my right thumb lost a significant percentage of its strength.

Thank heaven for the Monster Grip silicone discs that stick on to a pick. They’ve allowed me to continue to play.

Please, don’t wait. It’s a 0.5 inch incision, hidden in your wrist skin folds. Not the palm incision it used to be. Get it done.

WireLine

Tele-Afflicted
Carpal tunnel is no joke. Please, don’t delay getting carpal tunnel release surgery! I’ve had it done on both hands. I waited too long to have it done on my right hand, after a successful left hand surgery. The tips of my right thumb, index finger, and middle finger remain somewhat numb, and the muscle in the base of my right thumb lost a significant percentage of its strength.

Thank heaven for the Monster Grip silicone discs that stick on to a pick. They’ve allowed me to continue to play.

Please, don’t wait. It’s a 0.5 inch incision, hidden in your wrist skin folds. Not the palm incision it used to be. Get it done.
I know that’s right. I’m using either a Kelly Thumb pick or just fingers on 6 string, only fingers on bass. Already been to ortho guy, more tests on tap next week with likely surgery before end of July.

Genuine thanks for your words.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
The PRS Fiore.

This guitar has 11 different tones (all Strat and Tele sounds) and a few more as well. I own a bunch of really nice Strats and Telecasters, and I've AB'd them with this guitar. The pickups are slightly beefier sounding than my '60 Strat and '63 Tele. Although the Fiore is not exactly the same tone as a typical Strat or Tele, it's so dang close it's a wash.

This guitar is a peach.

Peegoo-PRS-L1-4323.jpg

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Since this thread is still going, can I come back at it? I posted #113 about a month ago while I was away on holiday with just my favourite resonator and said I was looking forward to getting back to a Tele or two. For various reasons it didn't quite work out like that and I've stayed with acoustic instruments since getting home. One thing and another meant I hadn't touched an electric since Easter.
But I saw a new little bit of irresistibly brassy bling on my favourite guitar accessory supplier's website, https://www.homeoftone.co.uk/
Popped it on to my much loved avatar MiM Tele last night

View attachment 997177

Ended up plugging in to my Champ and playing for a couple of hours. Hugely enjoyed it. Nothing like a basic Tele is there? For all those reasons that we know.
View attachment 997178

I might even put new strings on it today.

Your neck plate logo immediately reminded me of watching this with my son when he was a little kid:

Tele’s a beauty!

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
The PRS Fiore.

This guitar has 11 different tones (all Strat and Tele sounds) and a few more as well. I own a bunch of really nice Strats and Telecasters, and I've AB'd them with this guitar. The pickups are slightly beefier sounding than my '60 Strat and '63 Tele. Although the Fiore is not exactly the same tone as a typical Strat or Tele, it's so dang close it's a wash.

This guitar is a peach.

Peegoo-PRS-L1-4323.jpg
Did you do something similar to the 24-08 wiring? I’ve been dying to try one.