What Guitar Have You Been Playing Lately?

kookaburra

Friend of Leo's
My home-built 25.5" scale Breadwinner tribute I built back in 2016. I just can't put it down. I pick up the Squier Strat every now and again, but it just doesn't feel right.
ibQ6Eja.jpg

This one does. Every time.
What a cool tribute!

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
The weekend is here.
What guitar has worked its way to the front of the pack in your home?

Me... I was deep into Drop Tunings and stuff all winter. Drop B tuning, etc. One day I just got bored with it.
Didn't play for awhile. Which is not normal. Unless life has really kicked the stuffing outta me.

I dug out some Strats.
Found my 90s MIM.
It's always has a gnarly bite to it.

Plugged it in and realized that I REALLY missed playing a Strat.
Had a few great weeks of playing so far. So much so that I'm thinkin' maybe I'll just stick with Strats for good.

What about you folks?
FG
I have been slugging it out with my Home Brew Tele, mostly.
I hosted the Jam at a local Dive Bar Thursday night. Some guy came in with a Beautiful Firebird Reverse and a Blackface Fender Deluxe Reverb to play it through.
The Kids played well together.
KIMG0308.JPG
KIMG0307.JPG
KIMG0306.JPG

edvard

Friend of Leo's
What a cool tribute!
Thanks! I did a build thread here:
The first post pictures are gone now, but the rest seem to have held.

Burlington Dave

Friend of Leo's
The weekend is here.

Me... I was deep into Drop Tunings and stuff all winter. Drop B tuning, etc. One day I just got bored with it.
Didn't play for awhile. Which is not normal. Unless life has really kicked the stuffing outta me.

I dug out some Strats.
Found my 90s MIM.
It's always has a gnarly bite to it.

Plugged it in and realized that I REALLY missed playing a Strat.
Had a few great weeks of playing so far. So much so that I'm thinkin' maybe I'll just stick with Strats for good.

What about you folks?
FG
Lately, my Taylor GS8, and on stage my Takamine N 10, Epiphone Hummingbird, Gretsch G5420T, and Fender MIM FSE Copperburst Tele, Guitar Center limited edition.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
2015 Squier Affinity Stratocaster, Shell Pink, big headstock, GFS pickups that sound more like the '70s Fender scoop-tone than the mid-60s tone they're claimed to have. I'll swap them out for something else.

It's just a fun guitar that says pick me up and play me, so I do. It's in my book business office where I can plug it into an SFDR when I need a break from cataloging books.

Telecastoff1

Tele-Afflicted
A recently-acquired 2003 Fender Telecaster '52 Re-Issue. Pretty nice guitar, but I still prefer my trusty old '92 Telecaster American Standard w/ upgraded (20+ years ago) Texas Special pickups. It's what I'm used to and just feels right.

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
What about you folks?
FG

My Gibson Les Paul Studio Tribute 50's (2012).

20210930_122621-jpg.904382

I thought I'd create a thread about this like "NSD: New Setup Day" but here goes.
Since I had it set up by a luthier to fix a very terrible intonation issue, this guitar just went up
very high in my personal regard. The luthier also claimed he tightened some loose tuner nuts
and did some light fret end smoothing(still staying within the agreed price of the intonation job).
This thing, as it is now, through distortion and compressor heavy models
almost plays by itself. It's like playing guitar with training wheels on.
Like running along a moving flat escalator.

And after trying out the newfound powers of this thing I had to look at it and paraphrase 2001: A Space Odyssey:
My God! It's full of Shred!

Doc Smotpoker

TDPRI Member
Well, I gave away the Pelham Blue Epi Les Paul Special I to a friend, so that's out of my rotation.

The good news is that I replaced it with an Epi Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro II, and I’ve had a hard time putting it down except to compare it to my ‘59 Epi Les Paul Standard outfit with the original specs, and wiring while also sporting a Burstbucker 2 in the neck, and a Burstbucker 3 at the bridge. Sadly, it’s no contest, the ‘59 is simply a beast of a guitar.

That said, the Epi Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro II is pretty sweet in its own right. It has coil tapping, and that 15db push/pull boost circuit which really pumps up the volume. I got a steal on the guitar that was simply too good to pass up. Since acquiring my Fender 60th Anniversary Nashville Deluxe Telecaster, I’ve not felt the need to find another Tele as that one suits all my Tele needs.

Check out the new Epi Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro II which I believe to be from 2016. A real nice guitar, real nice. The color is called Ocean Blue, and it’s real sweet. I’m also digging that it has Grover tuners on it.

Attachments

• Epi LP Standard Traditional Pro II 4.jpg
    Epi LP Standard Traditional Pro II 4.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Epi LP Standard Traditional Pro II 3 .jpg
    Epi LP Standard Traditional Pro II 3 .jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Epi LP Standard Traditional Pro II 2.jpg
    Epi LP Standard Traditional Pro II 2.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Epi LP Standard Traditional Pro II 1.jpg
    Epi LP Standard Traditional Pro II 1.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 14

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
Since this thread is still going, can I come back at it? I posted #113 about a month ago while I was away on holiday with just my favourite resonator and said I was looking forward to getting back to a Tele or two. For various reasons it didn't quite work out like that and I've stayed with acoustic instruments since getting home. One thing and another meant I hadn't touched an electric since Easter.
But I saw a new little bit of irresistibly brassy bling on my favourite guitar accessory supplier's website, https://www.homeoftone.co.uk/
Popped it on to my much loved avatar MiM Tele last night

20220623_171217.jpg

Ended up plugging in to my Champ and playing for a couple of hours. Hugely enjoyed it. Nothing like a basic Tele is there? For all those reasons that we know.
20210319_111751.jpg

I might even put new strings on it today.