1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What generation are you?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, Aug 17, 2020.

What generation are you?

1. Pre-boomer, < 1945

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  2. Baby Boomer, 1945 - 1965

139 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Gen X, 1965 - 1980

105 vote(s)
    36.2%
  4. Millennial, 1980 - 2000

42 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. Gen Z, 2000 -

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

in all fairness , its quite fascinating to watch each generation that grew up with the technology developed from their predecessors because it's what was done with that technology, at the time it was current that dictates these lables , I wish I could live for an other 100 years just be a fly on the wall to see what the next 100 years will bring and how it is handled. Millenials and Gen Z now are fortunate to have the state of the art new Tech , and where they take it will be fascinating , I'ld love to see quantum computers in every home and some kid now will figure that out no doubt. so generational lables really mean nothing, its kind of like asking some one "are you stone age (no not the 60's), iron age , bronze age etc" it really means nothing .

the only thing that does matter is how we treat each other as a species and not to pee in the water supply if you catch my drift

Cali Dude likes this.
  2. 2manyteles

2manyteles TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Born in 64 but I identify as Gen X.

Cali Dude likes this.
  3. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

Boomer, ok?:cool:

WalthamMoosical likes this.
  4. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

This, and get off my lawn!

24 track likes this.
  5. Engine Swap

Engine Swap Tele-Afflicted

Born in '63 - but X all the way.

Cali Dude and Mike Eskimo like this.
  6. JJLC

JJLC Tele-Holic

'pre boomers' :D

7. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

I’m at start of ‘64 and am fully Gen X.

my sister is 1951 and there’s no way I’m any part of that generation, or their groovy/far-out ways.

My Beatles ? Joe, Mick, Paul, and Topper

no doz likes this.
  8. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

Late Gen-X, raised by my dad. He was a mid baby boomer who was a late and unexpected baby, 11 years behind his next oldest sibling.

Therefore while my dad was a mid boomer, both his siblings were early boomers (born during WWII), and my grandparents on that side were firmly part of the generation that came of age in the Great Depression, and fought in WWII.

My grandparents on the other side were over 20 years younger – early boomers themselves. My great grandparents on my mom's side were almost exactly the same age as my grandparents on my dad's side...even though my mom was only six years younger than my dad, and still considered a boomer (a late one). There were two quick generations in there. My mom was born when my grandmother was 15, and I was born when my mom was 19. Added together, you get two generations in 34 yeas...while my dad was born when his mom was 35: one generation in 35 years. That's why the different number of generations between the two sides of my family.

Since I was raised by a mid boomer and someone born in 1920, and my [very close] aunt and uncle were early boomers, I tend to associate more with culture and people older than most of those in my generation. As such, even though I could have adopted many borderline millennial traits based on when I came up, I tended to relate far more with Gen-X culture. I didn't really hang out much with kids my age when I was growing up. I hung out with older kids, my young adult Gen-X family (in their 20s and 30s), and folks of my parents' generation. Didn't really learn how to use a computer until I was almost out of high school. Didn't get too much into video games. Did a lot of classic hobby pursuits as a kid (outdoor activities, model rockets, scale model kits, building things in general, fixing things, cars), not glued to a screen.

9. ladewd

ladewd TDPRI Member

Boomer..1952 The only advantage to being old is I’ve lived through a lot of stuff.

Twang Deluxe likes this.
  10. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Millennial here (born in 96), the quiz told me I should belong to the The Greatest Generation (1901-1927). I definitely don't see myself as a millennial, I never got into social media apart from this place. But I'm good with computer devices and will happily use them as tools but I don't need to have one on my person at all times.

rich815 likes this.
  11. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Baby Boomer here! One year and four months until you workers will be subsiding me.

Don't worry, I'll be still working limited and paying taxes.

12. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Boomer here - 1949.

13. davidge1

davidge1 Friend of Leo's

I was born right exactly between Baby Boomer and Gen X, and could always fit into either one, but never really felt a part of either one.

It was obvious to me even in high school. Freshman year was 78-79. People were listening to Foghat and spray painting the zig-zag man on the side of the school. We wanted to be like the cooler older kids but were too young. By the time I was a senior, there was a whole group of cool younger kids who listened to punk rock and definitely had what eventually became known as a Gen X mindset, but they seemed young to us – we didn't really identify with them. When the movie Reality Bites came out in the early '90s, the characters were like these same kids who just started high school when I was graduating.

It was obvious to other people too. When I was 21, I had a girlfriend three years younger. She used to say there was a generation gap between us. She meant it to be funny, but it was funny because it was true.

I'm part of a sub-generation that is even more forgotten than Gen X. The movie Repo Man, that's my "generation." Naturally, everyone I know who's my age loves that movie. No one else remembers it.

14. cometazzi

cometazzi Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Today is my 46th birthday. I'm solidly Gen-X, but I'm very appreciative of the life, music and times of my Boomer parents. I don't want to overspeak myself, but I feel like I can see things from their perspective as well as my own. I'm often upset when I hear Millennials blame Boomers for all their problems. As a young Gen-Xer I remember us getting the same criticism from the older generations (silent gens) and somehow we shrugged it off and did what we had to do to succeed.

We lost Dad in 2017, and while Mom doesn't need someone to watch over her any time soon, I'm preparing for that time to come. I'm ready. Along the way, I've found and met many older Boomers who seem to have been left behind by their own kids, and I do what I can for them also. At the end of the day we're all just people trying to make our way.

8barlouie likes this.
  15. rockhound

rockhound TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

Gen-X. Curious why Gen-X only gets a 15-year range while the other generations get 20 years?

16. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

Because we had to raise ourselves.

CajunJ, Whatizitman and rockhound like this.
  17. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm part of the generation who surfed, sailed and traveled in a free world... one where I never had to go to war or wear a fancy suit....:cool:

I'm one of the free generation who did what I wanted to do, went where I wanted to go... no restrictions, no reservations......:D

18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Man, when I punched the button, there weren't many of us.

19. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Tele-Meister

:cool:

BorderRadio likes this.
  20. stonetone7

stonetone7 Tele-Meister

And still shedding the influence of 80s music.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.