1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What does your username mean?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WetBandit, Mar 24, 2017.

1. deech54

deech54 Tele-Meister

During the Iraq war I was working as a contractor over there and I had a crew of Iraqi's working for me. When my hair is short it sticks straight up and I look like a rooster. My Iraqi's called me deech which is the Arabic word for rooster.

Rustbucket, RetroTeleRod and GK34 like this.
  2. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

I was hoping you'd chime in - thanks for the explanation!

3. reckless meanie

reckless meanie Tele-Holic

It's from an answer out of this interview.

http://www.starla.org/articles/funny.htm

Interviewer: So what personality of the band do you think comes across the end?

Billy: The meanie.

Jimmy: The reckless.

Billy: The reckless meanies.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  4. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

Mine means my last name is too much trouble to spell out and pronounce.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  5. brenn

brenn Tele-Afflicted

I don't really know - probably just liked the name in a gun book. Our family was English, but came to America starting in the 1500's. One ancestor whose name I recall from our genealogy book was "Nick the Tory" (a/k/a "Danger Nick") who was apparently on the wrong side in the revolution - by that time, the book says we had family in all of the 13 colonies.

"From all this, as well as nicknames for still other Christian names, the necessity for distinguishing families, or "sets", becomes obvious. Thus we have: the "Dangers", or "Danger" set; the "Tights", or "Tight" set; the "Hacker" set, etc. Old "Danger Nick" was a Tory, or British sympathizer during the Revolution. He was sometimes referred to as "Nick, the Tory". It is not true that they called him "Danger" because of his Tory sympathies, but rather because of his quick, fiery, dangerous temper."

My family are from the "Danger Set" as I understand it, and they still refer to the "Tight" branch of the family, but I haven't heard of other sets still in use.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    dlew919 likes this.
  6. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Well...there wasn't much thought that went into it. I wanted something humorous.

However, it coincidentally does describe my playing style. I have a prominent percussive style, at least on the acoustic.
    I played in many acoustic jam sessions when I was younger, and I had too play loud to keep pace with everyone else.
    I also have a booming voice, so it wouldn't sound good if I had a light touch.

Incidentally, I do play more than one string, but Stringsbanger wouldn't have sounded right.:D

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  7. 392Hemi

392Hemi Tele-Meister

Kenny Roberts kicked butt on an RZ350.

tery likes this.
  8. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I was in a band called The Rebels and the rest is just a pun on the movie "Rebel Without a Cause"

9. Marc Muller

Marc Muller Tele-Holic

I was thinking of what user name to use, went out to get the mail then, bam, it hit me.

MilwMark, RetroTeleRod and tery like this.
  10. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

Your mail hit you!! I'd report that guy to the USPS!!!!

11. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

What does MY User Name mean?
    That depends on who you ask.

Stringbanger, RetroTeleRod and tery like this.
  12. TheletterJ

TheletterJ Tele-Afflicted

My first name is Jay. My username is actually my stage name because my full name is hard to pronounce and "Jay" was too boring.

I was in a band at the time and my band mates suggested differentiating by making it "just the letter 'J'" and added to it by actually spelling it out ad "theletterJ." It stuck.

Tele-beeb, RetroTeleRod and 24 track like this.
  13. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

I have two first names given at birth...both biblical...and my family and friends just call me by the initials J.D.
    My middle name starts with a "W" so in honor of our local college that is referred to as U-Dub (University of Washington Huskies) I use that and then finally 440 is the hertz that we typically use (i always use!) for tuning our instruments.
    -jddub440

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  14. TheDams

TheDams Tele-Holic

Dams is a typical nickname for Damien (with a E !) in France, and because there is only one here in Tdpri... it is THE Dams :D

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  15. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Couldn't be more straight forward, my name is Mr A. Smith. All my other user names for other various things follow a similar trend but there are so many Mr/Mrs A. Smiths out there that my email ended up, being my full name with my middle name initialed followed by my birth year (1996 because 96 was already taken!).

You can call my Ashley.

16. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Isn't rebel without a clue a Tom Petty lyric as well? (Googles) Into The Great Wide Open.

17. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

Wulfenganck is a late medieval form (before there was something like an official rule of writing) of Wolfgang, my first name. It's a german name which means "he, who walks into battle like a wolf" - those germanic tribes were some aggressive bunch.....

RetroTeleRod and tery like this.
  18. GK34

GK34 Tele-Meister

My initials are GK, and I was 34 when I joined another forum (UMGF). I kept the user name for other forums I joined later.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  19. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Yes- that could be me as well - but my name isn't Eddie and I'm not Johnny Depp either(in the video). :lol:

20. Hippieway

Hippieway Tele-Holic

My last name starts with an "H" and ends with "way".
    Years ago when returning from a vacation the word Hippieway was taped over my name on my hardhat, I never took the tape off and have used it, on line, ever since.

RetroTeleRod and tery like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.