what do you think of my new partscaster?

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
Those saddles look like Barden compensated saddles. I wonder if that’s what Danelectro used? Nice guitar!
looking at the barden I would say that actually the guy that makes the dano bridge machines these himself. they work really well the strings don't come close to the grub screws

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Looks nice!!...That first pic had me. I couldn't figure out what the huge knobs are, then I realized it was a reflection....lol!!!

naneek

Tele-Holic
I like it, but I'm not sure about the chandelier decal on the pickguard. It's a little too Liberace for my tastes.
img_20211102_004408_824-jpg.915437

just kidding. Fit and finish looks great. I like the hint of red in the grain on that body.

pbenn

Tele-Afflicted
Also why use a Fender bridge? Hopefully it's not for the Fender name stamped into the bridge plate.

Don't know if I agree about this. The base Fender bridge gives many people exactly the twang they want. And because of some lookalikes with different steel recipes, it's handy to have the Fender lettering exactly that way.

Little Jay

Tele-Holic
What wiring did you use? Tradional early 50ies Tele schematic or modern wiring?

I used modern wiring in mine, with 250K pots and a .047uF cap. I added a treble bleed a little later and I like that much better.

I added the Fender treble bleed circuit they use in the American Professional Telecaster:

treblecontrol.jpg