what do you think of my new partscaster?

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
I'd be happy to have done that, nice job - and congratulations!

What are the details of the pickups, and the saddles?
actually a danelectro replacement bridge i had laying around, the saddles are from that notice how the strings are sitting perfectly on them and nowhere near the grub screws? the pickups are fender CS twisted tele in neck, a fender bridge pickup I had in the bucket no idea what it is but it sounds amazing. I forgot you guys like specs! IVE GOT A LOT OF PARTS

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
Looks just as good as the Baja

I’m not a natural type guy but I LIKE IT!
nah I really never liked natural myself but so many legends play them so it I had to have one. it's actually butterscotch blonde but didn't show up in photo's well.

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
The suspense is killing me... What parts are manufactured by whom and where?
yeah sorry I forgot the specs! pine telecaster body in butterscotch blonde from the bay which is very light and very lovely with all the holes lining up perfectly, twisted tele neck pickup with a actual fender bridge pickup I had in the parts bin for a long time forgot what it is but it's vintage spec so it sounds incredible, the bridge is a genuine fender plate with danelectro replacement bridge saddles which work really well, the neck is genuine fender "fat 50's U 9.5" my fave necks. the rest just random bits and bobs.

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
as you can see it's very much butterscotch blonde, the neck is quite pale I'LL be waiting a long time for that to yellow, if you look at the fender American original 50's telecaster the neck on those is actually pale in comparison to the body as well so it makes me feel better about it.
IMG_20211102_095443_819.jpg
IMG_20211102_095434_270.jpg
IMG_20211102_095415_998.jpg
IMG_20211102_095404_168.jpg
IMG_20211102_095359_890.jpg

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
fender American original 50's telecaster for comparison of neck to body colour matching, neck is pale but will yellow over time.
0013419_fender-american-original-50s-telecaster.png

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
It came out very nice indeed! Nobody would ever know it was a partscaster unless you told them. Especially looks authentic on a bandstand. I just finished one myself, but I haven't taken pictures yet. It's a Keith Richards "Micawber" tribute that came out far past my expectations. Sounds and plays like a monster.