What do you think about my new partcaster tele?

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
It's almost done, pure vintage 64 fender pickups and electronics are coming

Body from Italian manufacturer franchin guitars, alder and nitro finish

Neck from a Chinese classic vibe strat, rosewood

Hardware from classic vibe and Callahan

Now it's only 2,8 kg I guess when it's finished it would be about 3.1 kg or 7lbs

Do you think it looks good? I am no used to the strat shape headstock in a tele...
Looks great!

voskarp

Tele-Holic
Looks cool!

Nice, but I'm not a fan of Strat headstocks.

I love it! I think Strat headstocks look cool on Telecasters.

I think a Tele body with a Strat neck looks cooler than a Strat body with a Strat neck (not a typo, obviously a Strat body with a Tele neck looks too weird). Tele body and neck is of course the best!

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Great looker! I typically would say Tele headstock for a Tele, but yours does look cool; no reason not be different!

t-ray

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
You do not see many like that. I think it looks very nice and will grab peoples' attention, if that is what you are looking for, and that dark rosewood board is beautiful. I hear great things about the '64 pickups, too. Let us know how it sounds and plays after it is finished.

TeleTubby

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Some of my best creations have been Strat body/Tele neck or Tele body/Strat neck. Don't ever let outside forces control your fate, make your own destiny.

Great choices you've made and beautifully pieced together- now go make it sing for you!

Steve T

TDPRI Member
It looks great. Chinese Squiers have some brilliant necks nowadays. I like the Strat headstock on a Tele, looks cool and a bit different. Nice work!

Mxrk

Tele-Meister
I love the normal-sized strat headstock on a tele, but I feel like I’ve only ever seen it on sunburst Blind Faith reproductions. It looks even better on this blue one, imo

jdl57

TDPRI Member
IMG_3989.jpeg
Strat neck on a tele body. There are indeed gaps at the corners of the heel of the neck. They are covered by a custom pick guard. The guitar intonates just fine.

Stevie Redwolf

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter

Now it's only 2,8 kg I guess when it's finished it would be about 3.1 kg or 7lbs

Do you think it looks good? I am no used to the strat shape headstock in a tele...
Is the finish Ocean Turquoise? same as my Telecaster?

Volcanicash01

Tele-Meister

I hope it sounds as good as it looks!

HeathX

TDPRI Member
That's going to be a beauty. Personally, I'm a maple/maple neck fan all the way, but with that darker roasted-looking maple neck, the rosewood(?) fretboard looks very classy.

I'm sure the purists will disagree with me, but, in my humble opinion, few guitars feel as good to play as a Tele you built yourself, and they usually end up sounding better than guitars that cost 5-10x as much. My favorite out of over 40 guitars is still my first home-built Tele.

Attachments

• CIMG1600.JPG
    CIMG1600.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Untitled 1.png
    Untitled 1.png
    413.9 KB · Views: 23

Full-Tilt-Tele

Tele-Meister
Well, I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the 'Strat Fat-Head' on Tele's... Guess I'm a 'Traditionalists' at heart, and for me it distracts the looks of a 'Classic' original 'Leo' creation.
'Beauty is in the Behold'