What do you record yourself with?

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by Leland105, May 27, 2010.

1. plroad21

plroad21 Tele-Meister

i write using the voice recorder on my iphone and sometimes garageband. when it's time for real demos, i use Protools LE.

2. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

I use my Korg 4 track cassette deck,,,you can go in direct with some good sounds and effects,,,plus , cassette is what I grew up on, so it's really comfortable and quick....as long as you don't forget to keep track of the tape counter!!

3. Casey Cook

Casey Cook Tele-Meister

I use Reaper also, really nice program. I just picked up AmpliTube 3 and AmpliTube Fender. After all the years of sticking an SM57 in front of a speaker and hoping for the best, the amp sim software is a wealth of options. Some of the distortion presets are very noisy, but there seems to be a lot of good tones to be had with a bit of tweaking. I also use Jamstix for drums, it's different from other drum sequencers that I have used before, but does some really neat things. I should probably get a better A/D interface, I just go from a mixing board to my soundcard line in.

I was thinking about getting one of the newer 5w little combos that have gotten so popular, but I work the night shift these days, and I am glad I went with the software so I don't have to worry about volume.

4. Flewis

Flewis Tele-Holic

Get one of the Mbox systems like the Mbox2 - it gives you pro tools LE at a very decent price and gives you pro grade options. I was using that setup to cut overdubs at a buddies place (he did have an avalon pre amp though) but it was very easy to use -

5. highway61

highway61 TDPRI Member

i'm using a cakewalk vstudio 100. I think its great. Its an audio interface, a digital mixer and a standalone wave recorder. It coumes bundled with a lite version of sonar and loads of production tools. Can't fault it so far but may upgrade to another version of sonar

6. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

After many frustrating years trying to record a decent guitar sound (without the neighbors calling the police), I have finally succeeded. I put the problematical Tascam US-122L interface back in the dusty drawer, and now my Squier CV Tele goes into the Pocket Pod and straight into Garage Band on my iMac via the stereo line in socket. There are several great voices on the Pod that suit the tele, and I just add a bit of GB track echo or chorus to suit. Works for me!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.