What do you play when it's not the Telecaster?

GrandpaBill

TDPRI Member
When you put down your Tele what do you pick up ?
I choose my Epiphone SG Muse , I have really grown to love this guitar. It is very similar playing as my FMT HH tele.
Or maybe you choose acoustic ?
GrandpaBill

Attachments

• PXL_20220328_153851808.jpg
    PXL_20220328_153851808.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 23

bholder

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I don't actually own a real Telecaster, the closest I come is a Bill Lawrence Swampkaster '69 Thinline clone, plus several other lesser clones. Other main guitars include a '73 SG Special, and several Eastwoods, then a whole flock of acoustic and vintage electrics (like a '57 ES-175, which I don't play nearly enough).

johmica

Tele-Afflicted
If it's blues, then I've got my Epi Sheraton (with Fralins. It's a beast!).

If it's jazz, I've either got my Eastman 503CE, my Epi De Luxe, or my Epi Emperor. I tend to cycle through those three pretty evenly.

But 99% of the time, I'm sitting in my recliner with my tele.

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
Les Paul, Strat, Martin OM, National model O, Tele bass…
I rotate through my guitars at home, with the band I play the LP, to counter the other guitar player uses.

Toneblueshawk

TDPRI Member
A Gretsch 2655 centre-block semi with P90s, a Gibson Blueshawk or a Godin Acousticaster (or is that a kind of Tele?)

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
My 54 Strat (I built) or my 59 ES-335 (I built), or my 56 Les Paul Goldie (I did not build) ;)

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
1648482875093.png

Hamer Special K. They did a limited run, and I was lucky enough to get one for $500. Now a year later they're over $700 on Reverb. Found mine via Google search languishing at a small-town mom-and-pop music store that mostly rents band instruments to kids in Michigan. They had bought the inventory of a local guitar shop that went out of business and just wanted rid of everything.

Korina body. Ebony fretboard. Wraparound bridge. P90s that sounded great out of the box.
Set up like most Hamers, with a volume for each pickup, a master tone, and a 3-way toggle.
Only upgrades I did were the pots and switch (Bournes pots, Switchcraft switch), and the tuners.
Stock evil asian tuners got swapped for Sperzel lockers.
Plus a GraphTech nut.
Just basic stuff you'd do to any Indonesian axe.
Good news is all the wood parts were great and the frets were finished perfectly.

It definitely has a different vibe than my Teles, but it's one I dig.
Taking it to the next Blues Jam Night. We'll see.

howardlo

Tele-Afflicted
Since 1957 when I began playing it has been acoustics (smaller bodied) 90% of the time. So me it is still acoustics. A bit of semi-hollows (335 & 339) and a small bit of time a Strat or LP.