what do you consider to be the greatest technological advancement in your lifetime

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Urethane wheel

A725C540-26B0-4E81-B125-1E164937EE39.jpeg

Rob L

Tele-Meister
Nothing has changed in that field since the it is still zeros and ones. Henry Babbage gets the nod way ahead of his time, but much later in 1938 a U.S. submarine application is more like today's computer. Today's computers are a big yawn. 80 years and we can't come up with something better?o_O

I can see you missed the point. I'm not talking about the binary code. I'm talking about the SIZE of components. I thought that pretty obvious.

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I can see you missed the point. I'm not talking about the binary code. I'm talking about the SIZE of components. I thought that pretty obvious.
I see that you get it, but most people don't. I was just pointing out the typical misunderstanding.

medownsouth

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The internet nor the microchip are inventions of my generation, they were the previous generation. I'd have to say the smartphone.

Rob L

Tele-Meister
I see that you get it, but most people don't. I was just pointing out the typical misunderstanding.

Sorry if I sounded snarky. And yeah most don't get it. They don't even know what the 1's and 0's are. I should have been more clear. The computer itself has changed very little. The components though have shrunk. A lot!:D

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
The twist off bottle cap.

Changed my life, but put a hundred bottle opener factories out of business and idled a hundred thousand workers. The price of progress, I guess.