what do the stickers on the back of my Blacktop neck plate mean?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 66Satellite, Oct 2, 2012.

1. 66Satellite

66Satellite Tele-Holic

I guess the one on the right means don't throw the guitar in the dumpster? :confused: What does "CE" stand for? Also, why doesn't it have any Fender branding on it?

[​IMG]

2. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The CE Mark means it meets various directives for items sold in Europe. It means different things for different products, it has been described as a quality mark that isn't a quality mark. The CE mark is an insanely complicated thing, maybe one of our European colleagues can explain it in a way that makes sense.

The trash can thing does literally mean 'do not throw away'. It's there because the guitar contains substances that are only supposed to go into landfills certified for hazardous substances. It's probably lead, cadmium, dope, dried bat blood, that kind of thing.

The neck plate doesn't have any Fender branding because Fender doesn't put their logos on very many neck plates. There are 'F', 'Fender', and various custom shop neck plates, but most of the guitars that Fender and it's various manufacturing entities churn out do not have them.

3. Scott Bennett

Scott Bennett TDPRI Member

I peeled them off of my FSR Cabronita. I hope the dumpster police don't track me down!

mikelefty47 likes this.
  4. Jimclarke100

Jimclarke100 Tele-Afflicted

Strictly, the CE mark means it meets the requirements of all relevant European directives. In this case probably electromagnetic signals (EMC), restrictions on hazardous substances (ROHS) and electrical waste (WEEE). The crossed out wheelie bin relates to WEEE and basically indicates that it shouldn't be put into landfill....

Spend too far much time at work working with these :-/

5. Jimclarke100

Jimclarke100 Tele-Afflicted

Oh and if you are in the US they mean squat.....

6. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Dry clean only, no starch.

7. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

that trash bin sticker must be a new thing.None of my stuff has it.

8. qblue

qblue Tele-Afflicted

It means you should send the guitar to me to approve 'Customs Enhancements' to the product before it goes to europe. It might be a serious thing as I have it on my guitar too.

[​IMG]

Contact me through PM...

9. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

I removed all the stickers. It takes away from the gloss of that beautiful, shiny chrome!

10. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

I think you summed up the CE mark nicely.
    It's not a quality mark, it's a form of registration and compliance. That can mean many things mostly meaningless to the consumer. All it really means is it can be sold within the EU and that, by implication, /may/ mean it complies with other external countries' regulations too.

The bin symbol means not in the general waste, to be recycled separately. It is from there it will end up as land fill.
    I find our waste recycling system to be balmy, it varies with post code. We separate and segregate waste for recycling, and then much of it gets recombined. We even have one system where we have to bag up general landfill and recyclable separately, and then the collected bags are thrown into the the back of same truck and compacted.

11. KenH

KenH Tele-Holic

So if we do find a guitar in the dumpster should we call the police or take it home?

12. olwdillchips

olwdillchips Tele-Meister

You should send it to me.

13. burtwangcaster

burtwangcaster Tele-Holic

To bad Jimmie Hoffa didn't have those stickers on his Tele the day he disappeared.

14. goldtopper

goldtopper Friend of Leo's

Caveat Emptor

15. dblues

dblues Tele-Holic

Nice. I guess it's the thought that counts.

16. JimmieT

JimmieT Tele-Meister

I keep the trash can sticker on my tele as there are days that my playing is so horrible I'm tempted to throw the guitar away. The sticker reminds me it is illegal and my guitar is saved for another day. Good thing or I'd be buying new ones on a regular basis.

17. backporch guy

backporch guy Tele-Afflicted

I'm surprised it doesn't have a sticker that says "This product contains substances known to the State of California to cause cancer in laboratory animals". Is there any substance in existence not known to the State of California to cause cancer in laboratory animals? :D

18. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

Depends. If it is a B.C. Rich just leave it there where it belongs.

19. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The trashcan symbol is there to remind you you can't throw it in with the ordinary trash, which might be tempting in the ensuing minutes after playing the Blacktop Tele

Sorry too easy, I really disliked that guitar :D

20. mefgames

mefgames Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Totally off subject, but I couldn't help noticing that the neck plate on this " custom shop designed " instrument is off center a tad. I only mention it because when I build instruments, I would be upset with myself that I did that. Nit picky I know !!!

Now back to your regular program……….

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.