What do i have here

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by 97telecarl, May 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

Yep.

I got a Strat because it was easier than adding a middle pickup for me. Didn't want to carve up a new guitar. And glad I didn't, because I found that I don't have much use for middle pickup either.

G.Rotten likes this.
  2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

@97telecarl - that is a very cool and pretty rare Tele; I wouldn't touch that one!

I can't answer your questions about how many went to Australia, but I can tell you that I have only seen 3 of these Tele Plus V2s in person here in the USA, so they are pretty rare worldwide for a model that was produced for 2-2.5 years. By comparison I played 6 of the 1998 American Deluxe Teles - a model made for only 12 months before they eliminated the middle pickup and went to a 2-pickup configuration. My point being that both models are pretty rare.

Yes - the Tele Plus V2 had a specific set of gold logo Lace Sensors. The neck pickup was Tele-sized with a chrome cover. The middle pickup was Strat-sized (like what was found on a Strat Plus) but had a chromed cover to match the neck pickup, and the bridge pickup was Tele-sized with a black cover; the bridge pickup is completely covered.

When this model was replaced by the American Deluxe Tele in 1998 Fender switched from the Lace Sensors to their in-house designed Vintage Noiseless pickups; the Vintage Noiseless set of course had a chrome-covered Tele neck pickup, an aged white covered Strat middle pickup, and the black bobbin Tele bridge pickup.

Another difference between the Tele Plus V2 and the American Deluxes was the body wood - Tele Plus V2s have an alder body with ash veneers front and back (the exception would be if that model was offered in "natural"; then those would be solid ash) while American Deluxes have solid alder bodies (solid colors, 3-color burst, and transparent crimson red) or solid ash bodies (all other transparent colors).

G.Rotten likes this.
  3. THX1123

THX1123 Tele-Meister

What you have there is a nice Tele. I remember those from when I worked at a Fender dealer in the late 90's. Every one I set up and played was good. I believe we had perhaps 3 Teles and 3 Strats from that series. We had a black 2 pickup one I liked very much that I kinda wish I would have bought. They felt very "refined" if that makes sense. I think that's why I didn't buy it.

They didn't sell too well as I recall. When I left the store in 2000 they were all still in stock.

4. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's

I like your guitar, but I think I like your porch view better ;) Beautiful scenery man!

97telecarl likes this.
  5. 97telecarl

97telecarl TDPRI Member

6. 97telecarl

97telecarl TDPRI Member

Yeah its a great spot the sound just dissapears up the river pretty cool can stretch the legs on the old hotrod deville

Telekarster likes this.
  7. Dostradamas

Dostradamas Tele-Meister

Norman's had one

97telecarl likes this.
  8. 97telecarl

97telecarl TDPRI Member

This vid started the whole thing tryn to find out what it is okd mate showed me after havn this thing for couple years how to actually wrk it
    Although hasnt really changed the way i play it cheers

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.