1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What do cats think?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by PastorJay, Aug 28, 2020.

1. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Screenshot_20200604-070941~2.png

kodiakblair, tintag27, scook and 6 others like this.
  2. JJLC

JJLC Tele-Holic

IMO cats are as close to a psychotic animal as I can think of.
    I mean just think of going to a dog park & 99% of the dogs are out there playing, getting along, and having dog fun.
    Imagine cats going to a cat park; it would be cat fight, after cat fight, after cat fight. Cats hate other cats. Is there anything that cats actually like? Are cats actually good for anything?
    Needless to say I don't like cats; they are kinda worthless IMO.

CajunJ and RoyBGood like this.
  3. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

...and everything else on the planet.

WalthamMoosical and CajunJ like this.
  4. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

IMO2

5. PastorJay

PastorJay Friend of Leo's

I don't like cats either, except for my cats. I love my cats.

uriah1, aging_rocker, 61fury and 2 others like this.
  6. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Afflicted

Cats think they'd eat you if you died in your recliner watching the TV and your body/skeleton wasn't discovered until a month later.
    The cat would be fat as a pig.

They are a cat. Just like the big ones.
    Sincerely, from a cat lover (whose cat stays outside, only to come in to eat--even during the Hurricane (yesterday)).

7. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

8. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Pretty sure my cat's main thought is "Scratch my butt or I'm gonna bite you in your sleep."

Collin D Plonker likes this.
  9. black_doug

black_doug Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Based on my somewhat limited and unscientific observations, cats are like us in at least one way - some are smart, some not so much.

61fury and Collin D Plonker like this.
  10. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans! Kill all humans!

Jlwctn and RoyBGood like this.
  11. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

my wife brought home Rosie a 6 week old feral that came into her warehouse during a -20C cold snap crying for help she was freezing and starving and no doubt just left the litter .
    this cat was a dork personified , ( insert a million stories ...here) as she got a little older she would not harm any thing , she caught a Vole that our other cat broght home she carried it out side to let it go .
    one of my other stellar jays flew into the house , rosie cornered this poor bird as she systematically had its tail feathers plucked by the cat so she could pick it up and again release it out side. she would not harm any living creature at all. now Jeeva on the other hand was paroled from the SPCA ( she was the feline version of Fran Dresher) and had the same hunting instints as Elmer fudd, that was untill she was on the receiving end of a coyote or hawk.

these guys were extremely personable, as sentient and loving as our dog Harlo, I miss them all

12. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

I’m pretty sure my daughter’s cat thinks that, with the proviso “If I were larger, I’d...”

But she also thinks “Hey, you’re one of my humans....feed me....NOW!!!!!” Not enough of a brain to see the dichotomy.

WalthamMoosical likes this.
  13. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

I was never really a big fan of cats until we got our cat about 6 years ago or so. She's fairly social by cat standards and generally follows us around the house. Hates other cats, of course!

I actually think cats are pretty straightforward and easy to understand once you recognize that a cat's relationship with you is entirely transactional. If you expect a cat to love you unconditionally like a dog, you've got the wrong pet!

kodiakblair, 39martind18 and CajunJ like this.
  14. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

IMG_20200101_175540.jpg
    This is Biggy. He loves me. You can tell by the way he stares at me.

15. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Holic

Cats are way closer to their wild ancestors than any dog could. The dog has been fully domesticated, it needs a master to be functional. Not many neurones in that brain. A cat on the other hand is self sufficient. When you get one, it will bond with you as it would with another feline. You are equal, a bother. Sure some are dominant, that's why you have problems with them, but they usually see you as the Alpha cat.

A cat is attached to it's environment, not to its "owner". If you move, the best you could do for the cat that has lived there for several years, is to leav it with the new owners, after asking them if they want it for sure.

A cat has a language, it talks to you. If you don't pay attention, they seem to babble the same thing over and over. I know people like that too. It has a verbal language, but a strong body language. Once you understand that, you can communicate with it.

Try something. Stand over their empty bowl before feeding them and ask them what they want. They'll look down at the bowl and back at you in a pretty fast gesture. It's like they're saying: "DOH ... food, hat do you think I want ? "

Cat bringing in a dead animal ? They offering you a meal, showing you they too can provide. It's a gift.

16. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

I have heard cats could feel earthquakes way before humans could feel it.
    I have also heard about a cat in a elderly folks home who used to go and sit on the next person who was going to die lap.
    Once i passed out on a friend's couch and woke up in the middle of the night to see his black cat who was crouching on my chest and looking me sleep. Or trying to steal my soul.

KyAnne and 61fury like this.
  17. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

18. John Backlund

IMG_20200404_072658738.jpg

19. John Backlund

57449575_2218870908135392_777920157577117696_o.jpg

uriah1, aging_rocker, RomanS and 2 others like this.
  20. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I grew up sans cats. My parents hated them, so we had dogs.

When I moved out, I had a trailer in a trailer-park...and had mice in the trailer within weeks. My buddy (who appears to use only cartoon logic) sez, "If you have mice, you have to have a cat." The next day, he brings a kitten that he'd seen outside of his office window. He tosses it in the front door and sez, "There ya go, no more mice."

I had that cat for 18 yrs (his name was Barton, named after the alter-ego of Politenessman, from Nat. Lampoon magazine). He never caught a single mouse. He was a lovable goof who needed just two things: food and a clean litterbox. If I missed cleaning the box, he would choose the most inappropriate place to go. Brand new, expensive shoes, golf bag, clean laundry, etc. He stopped that when I got married, I think he knew Miz Diane would not put up with an unclean litter box...and had stronger mojo.

When he died, Miz Diane brought back a tuxedo cat from the animal shelter. Zeke was almost a repeat of Barton...except he didn't care about the litterbox thing. Your basic black-and-white, round, housecat. He was not graceful in any way. Unconcerned with flying things, he would only play with things that wiggled on the floor...string, a belt, etc. He loved sleeping in my lap...when I had one.

Just weeks later, Miz Diane brought in another kitten, Ollie. Ollie is (Zeke passed last year @ 15) a panther in a tuxedo. He looks like one, acts like one. When they were together, it was like oil and water. Zeke took a lot of beatings from Ollie and I eventually built an "Ollie proof" shelf for him to rest. Ollie would put up with human contact for only very short periods. A couple of strokes and he would attempt to remove your hand (you could see in his eyes that he yearned to leave a gushing stump). He prefers roosting, usually on the back of my chair...and flicking his long, white-tipped tail in my face. He plays only with flying things. Feathers on a stick and string, etc. At the vets, Ollie earned 3 red dots on his file folder. One red dot was a warning that the cat was evil, two meant vicious. Ollie was the only cat they'd ever had with three.

When Zeke passed, Ollie turned into Mr. Lovable overnight. Loves to be brushed and petted. Can safely be picked up (still not for any length of time). No blood involved. Of course, he's 16 now. Slowing down. He actually greets people without a hint of malice...and (gasp!) will allow them to pet him. Before we moved to SC, the vet downgraded his file to no dots at all.

Ollie contemplating mayhem...probably 12 yrs ago.

IMG_0008.JPG

kodiakblair, 24 track, 61fury and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.