1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What did stewmac bring you for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Jupiter, Dec 11, 2017.

1. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

Yeah I just saw the email earlier today, clicked the link, and got $15. I suspect that you had to have created a free account with them, regardless of how much you've spent in the past. Although maybe if you buy something as a guest you'll get the credit added to your order.

2. D'tar

D'tar Friend of Leo's

Naughty boyz I presume:twisted:

$15 here... So anybody get the $50

3. johnboy99

johnboy99 Tele-Meister

$15 for me... My brother just sent me a nice Stewmac gift certificate for christmas toward a bunch of tools on my wishlist, so I'll be getting a nice bunch of fretting tools etc.

4. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

$15 here too

Not sure if I actually need anything...but there is a nice Mighty Mite Tune-O-Matic that might be worth slapping on one of my guitars...

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

All I have is a reglar account. Last order was in March: 60 bucks' worth of stuff, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. paulmarr

paulmarr Tele-Holic

I just placed a $200 order - no discount and no email - I spent over $1K with them this year thus far ... :(

Steve Holt likes this.
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Gee maybe this thread wasn't a good idea; it's getting a little awkward...

:p

8. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

Oh you should be twisted off.

9. lbridenstine

lbridenstine Friend of Leo's

I'm guessing that maybe they sent out all the $15 ones within the past couple days and maybe some of the people who haven't gotten it yet will end up getting a different amount?

10. ajr969

ajr969 Tele-Meister

So far, it looks like I'm on the naughty list too :(

Crafty Fox likes this.
  11. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

Got my $15 gift email from Stewmac last night . So looks like they are still sending them out .

12. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Afflicted

Yes, they're teasing us with a $50 :cool:

13. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

For those that haven't gotten anything, try adding something to your cart. Seems like I had to do that to generate a total, then I was given my $15 off.

14. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Afflicted

$15 here.
    that set of nut files I've been needing are now inbound :)

15. highwaycat

highwaycat Tele-Holic

I called and asked about the credits, I was told only people who " haven't bought something in a long time" will receive a credit.

I hope I'm not being lied to because that would be rude, either way, it is rude of them that we see our friends receive a credit but some of us don't.
    It's like, if you're ganna bring candy, bring enough for the whole class.
    I tried the add to chart trip, no credits yet.

But, I have heard of company's only giving coupons to customers who haven't bought in a long time, Victorias Secret does this. So maybe it's all marketing and business stuff. That's just how it is. Money.

Whateva, my tools have paid for themselves from all the jobs I've done.

16. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

Yeah, if that's true, I would guess that stewmac marketing didn't really think that their customer base would be comparing notes and wouldn't really be aware that they weren't getting something other customers were getting. They didn't think about forums like this.
    But from a business perspective, it makes perfect sense, right? You offer an incentive to get previous customers to come back, but save money by not giving coupons to customers who are already buying stuff. Cool deal. Except that it does come off as rude if it becomes known.

17. highwaycat

highwaycat Tele-Holic

Sometimes I say too much and attract attention though, like I post a thread on 98 squiers and all the sudden the local craigslist has em popping up 4 times more than they usually go for. I rave about the fender scn's and then they get harder to find, I say something offensive and people remember it forever...I just have to be careful, I have a gift and a curse.

Stewmac is a great company, although their tutorials are showing you the expensive way to do it so you buy more of their tools, at least they are cool enough to show you tech tips and stuff. They do a good job keeping all age groups in mind. They feature videos and interviews of people in their 20's getting into the hobby which is cool, along with interviewing veteran techs. I'd say stewmac is great. And keep in mind a lot of people look down on younger generations, even saying rock is dead. We have it pretty tough... Stewmac respects the younger crowd and I like that.

But even a restaurant gets complaints from fussy customers, It's business. There will be complaints as there will also be compliments. Dan's been at it for a while, he's awesome. But he does have a formal job to do. He balances it pretty well.
    Yes the guitar companies read the forums.
    And I hope I've done more good than bad. But that's what the truth does. It's tough.

18. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Yep, i got $15, too. Musta been holding the mouse right.

Encouraging non-buyers to buy rather than rewarding regular customers.

I have bought a lot in the more distant past though.

19. jamorudd

jamorudd Tele-Afflicted

I got $15, and certainly fit the “haven’t placed an order in a while” bill since I’ve gone through LMII for outfitting my last couple builds. And I was plotting another order from LMII when I got the “gift” and now have about $60 worth of stuff in my stewmac cart, so I guess it worked on me...

20. Newbcaster

Newbcaster Tele-Holic

i got 15 in 2 different email accounts. There is a lovely customer service rep named Catherine I think who has a lovely, sultry phone voice. I got almost 40 abalone and pearl dot inlays and they even reduced their usually mandatory 9 dollar minimum shipping to like 2 bux a piece. had to be two separate orders. called it in, she took both orders and mailed them out that day. If only i could get that kind of dedication out of my gf lol.

But then again, I've been a customer of theirs since 1995 or so.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.