What Did Santa Bring You?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by hekawi, Dec 26, 2010.

1. vinman

vinman Tele-Meister

the 2010 Crossroads DVD, 16gb flash drive, paul Shaffer's book, and a Jawhorse.

2. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

I got a bunch of blu-rays (brian setzer, crossroads, metallica/megadeath/anthrax/slayer, rush) The Keith Richards autobiography.

I played guitar santa this year to my niece...can't have her playing a Strat forever...
    (goofy smile thanks to bourbon, eggnog and beer)

[​IMG]

3. 3 Chord

3 Chord Friend of Leo's

OD, it wasn't that bad, was it?

4. Agave_Blue

Agave_Blue Friend of Leo's

A golf GPS unit. Cool.

[​IMG]

5. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

My wife totally ignored my insistence that I don't need any more stuff, and not to get me anything. She bought me an iPod Touch. Stupid wife. :p

6. cuzzinmark

cuzzinmark Tele-Meister

Lessee...a book on the Third Reich's downfall, lots of skinnier-me sized sweaters & pullovers, a Garmin (so I don't get as lost on the way to gigs!) and...
    an M13 (okay, I got this myself from ebay)! Man, am I psyched-the midi/usb cable & expression pedal are on the way...

Just about to start setting up sounds to match the pedals I'm taking off my board for it now!

7. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Tele-Afflicted

What kind of guit is that? Very cool looking and why don't I have an Uncle like you?

8. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

I got that bar stool and a Kindle. My parents and my mother in law still give my wife and I money. I'll probably blow some of it on guitar related stuff (a pedal or something) and the rest will just get spent on day to day things.

9. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Tele-Afflicted

I didn't get much this Xmas, some moola from the parents/inlaws, some Oakleys from the wifey...but I cannot complain since this year I've already bought myself a '62AVRI Strat, Amer. Series Tele, an ESP shredder,an Epi LP jr., a champ 600 and a slew of MXR pedals with a Furman pedal board and about 5 sets of pickups.

I'm Dave and I'm a musicaholic.

10. a.z.n

a.z.n Tele-Meister

As is tradition in my family, I got a few small inexpensive-but-thoughtful gifts (two books, some chocolate, camera film, etc.) and then an envelope full of money so that I can head out shopping for myself.

Now it comes down to figuring out what to buy, I guess.

11. BobHolland

BobHolland Tele-Meister

Sweatshirts, T Shirts, Socks, Underwear, set of JJ Tubes for the Blues Junior, Ear Buds & a new wedding band from my wife. Mine got lost years ago. Problem is it's 3 sizes too small. I've got fat fingers over the years. Our 42nd anniversary is in February.
    My brother gave me 2 bottles of his favorite wine. Granddaughter gave me a 2011 Fender Calendar. I'm a happy man, friends & family.

12. JohnPurdy

JohnPurdy Tele-Meister

Ridgid Oscillating spindle sander from my wife.

13. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Nothing goofy about the guitar. Is that your design and work? :D

All my niece got from me is a Squier 51; you won't be seeing a picture tho since she's already 2 inches taller than me and still growing! :eek:

14. TelecasterBlooz

TelecasterBlooz Tele-Afflicted

My wonderful Fiancee' got me a Lexicon Lambda computer recording interface with Steinberger Cubase LE4, and the reverb plug-in. Now I have to figure out how to use it....

15. DMAND

DMAND Tele-Meister

Box of cigars, Fender Custom Shop desk calendar, and a Epiphone Allen Woody Bass. Not a Tele, but it is what I wanted. Great Christmas!

16. jtmdes

jtmdes Tele-Meister

Bunch of t-shirts and chocolate and The Blackguard Book from my wife. #2912 my birthday.

17. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

my wife found the last fender dick dale ltd. edition "surfer´s choice" malibu acoustic guitar in germany for me. i am still speechless....

18. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

Santa didn't bring me anything. That's OK, I was bad this year. It was worth it.

My wife got me the Keith Richards book. I didn't ask for anything and I'm not sure how she knew I wanted it. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve that woman.

I got the usual socks, Uncle John Reader, slippers and a really nice hooded sweater.

Then we went to have Christmas dinner in Disfunction Junction (aka my Mother In Law's house).

19. Leon Grizzard

Leon Grizzard Friend of Leo's

Some books, including one on Kwanzaa Parker (wait, that's not right; this season gets me all confused); I mean Quanah Parker and the end of the Comanche nation. My wife got me two nice bottles of Bordeaux and a pair of Lucchese boots.

20. allen st. john

allen st. john Friend of Leo's

The look on my daughter's face when my 13-year-old son nailed the perfect gift for her (a Beatles ukulele book) and a hug from my normally too-cool-for -school son for a bag of pistachios.

They also liked their new ipods.

The look on my wife's face when she opened the exact replica of her favorite Chinese teapot that she broke a couple of weeks ago.

I got some Lindt chocolate, a Pez dispenser, a cool little book of album covers that my 10-year old daughter picked out, a DVD of The Last Waltz, and some homemade cookies, all of which could have come from the supermarket, a total cash value of about $25.

But hugs and smiles from my wife, and my kids, and my niece and getting attacked by a dinosaur by my five-year old great nephew, and even the best dog in world eating part of Christmas dinner added up to one thing.
    Best. Christmas. Ever.

It's way better to give than to receive.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.