What Credit Card Interest Rates Are You Guy Getting?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TC6969, Apr 13, 2019.

1. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

he said 'go ahead, shove it' when they were putting it north on the rectal highway.

In my corporate years, we had corporate cards, but most of used our own cc so we could snag the miles! it was EXTENSIVE and a great benefit... just gotta do your expenses on time, but man, I stayed in hotels and flew for 5 years for free after I retired.

thegeezer likes this.
  2. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

Doesn't matter to me. I pay my credit card off every month. I haven't paid interest on a credit card in over 30 years, and I have Cash Rewards card to boot which I MAKE money on. My bro-in law, when he worked for First Data Resources, told me that I am referred to as a "Cronic Payor" in the credit card processing industry.

3. Scottz

Scottz Tele-Holic

Doesn't matter which card you use, the toanz are in your fingers...get off my lawn!

4. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

I think about 20% but not sure because I pay it off every month. No fee to have
    and between my wife and my gas purchases we get about $25/month in rewards.

5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

no cc, no credit rating, no dubious rewards/benefits

no debt

no worries

tery likes this.
  6. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

I told them if I have it I will use it , then one of my co workers almost lost his job because he used it to repair his blown transmission , so I never applied for it, I did not want them owning me , and considering it was the federal government ........
    also i refused to get a cell phone as well , I dont want one I dont need one

7. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

I've got about 6 cc's, but only use 3 for purchases. The lowest rate is 5.38% APR, and the highest is 13.49%. I use one for business, one for personal use, one for emergencies, etc.

Last week my dog got really sick with a bladder infection, so I had an unexpected $600 vet bill that I put on the C-card and he's doing fine now.

The only credit cards I won't use anymore are the dept. store cards, Sears, Kohls, JC Penney. Last time I checked they were about 24.99%.

8. thegeezer

thegeezer Tele-Afflicted

There’s a lot of luddites on this forum.

Georox and boredguy6060 like this.
  9. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

Credit card rates are a chunk higher than they were in the UK. Mortgages seem OK. But! Both of these are fairly high base rates with the Bank of England base rate on top (even many CCs these days). Should the interest rates even just go up to the historical average of about 5%, people will get a shock. Many home owners are borrowing on the presumption they can get on another promotional rate when their current one expires. However, a drop in house prices matched by a rise in rates (inspired by, I don’t know, something like the immediate economic shock of a country leaving a trading bloc...) could put a few people in hot water.

I borrow but only what I can pay back at a higher rate.

10. darren7

darren7 Tele-Holic

Credit card companies don't care what your credit rating is. The rate is the rate.

How many cards do you have? Do you need to carry a balance?

I have two cards, only really need one, and I never carry a balance, so the interest rate is a moot point.

11. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a Visa with a rate of 4.5%. I also have a Mastercard and an American Express that are both at 19.99%. I have a department store credit card with a rate of 19.9%. My credit union credit card charges 19.9%.

12. Finck

Finck Tele-Afflicted

Just a curiosity: are you talking about monthly rates?

13. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Seems to me that it would make life more difficult than keeping a good credit rating and just paying bills on time. Purchases, car rental, airfare is more difficult. Even utility companies check for credit rating as well as internet providers. Nothing wrong with credit cards and credit scores if handled responsibly.

14. blowtorch

Purchases are not at all difficult.
    I never rent a car, and I very rarely fly anywhere. When I have flown, it was no problem at all securing a ticket without a credit card

I don't care that I have no credit score, as I simply don't play that stupid game.

I have my own money, that I earned.

I have no need for credit. Zero.

If all this makes me a Luddite, so be it

tery likes this.
  15. blowtorch

I am never late paying bills. Not sure what gave you that idea

16. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Never said you did. Calm down.

17. blowtorch

Our society, or certainly our economy, is built on the idea that living on credit is not only okay and acceptable, but the way to go.

I mean, money isn't a real thing, anyway, so it doesn't really matter all that much, but I still reject this idea just on the principle of it

18. blowtorch

I'm perfectly calm. Why would you think I am not? :confused:

19. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

All credit card rates have increased in the last few years. We have very low rates on our cards. But we've had the accounts for at least 10 years - one over 20. Gone are the days of low rate offers. We have excellent scores and credit,and we tend to have at least some balance on one or both at a time. The best unsolicited card offer I've seen recently is ~14%. No way am I gonna do that. No need to. Cards we have are still sub-10%.

We worry about this for our kids. They are just starting to get their credit histories started, and we're training them right on it. But still any card they will apply for when they get on their own will be in the ~20s. That's usury, plain and simple.

20. stratofortress

stratofortress Tele-Afflicted

You forgot something
    This is the internet where no one carries a a credit card balance and everyone pays off their purchases every month..And they will all tell you all about it every time someone bring up credit cards.;)

tery, getbent and Whatizitman like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.