What Credit Card Interest Rates Are You Guy Getting?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TC6969, Apr 13, 2019.

1. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

I wonder if this should have been posted in The Stomp Box.

Be a buzzkill and bring up credit card debt in the Show Us Your Pedal Board thread.

Boubou likes this.
  2. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

I don't know the exact rates on mine, but they're both over 15%. I could probably get it lowered for the asking, but it's good incentive to keep it paid off every month. I use one for almost everything to earn travel miles. I don't have annual fees or carry balances on any card I have. I wasn't always this wise, but I learned.

I used to use my debit card a lot, but no more. Now that my bank offers ATM access via a phone app, I don't carry it any more.

But yes, the rates are almost universally high. Why? 'Cuz they can.

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I think i'm currently only getting a slight reaming on my credit card. I'm sure that will increase over the coming months.

DaveTone likes this.
  4. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Got rid of the cards years ago. To all who've said they have them but pay them off in full each month so the interest rate doesn't matter...good luck, friend! The problem is that all it takes is a serious illness, layoff, accident, etc....miss one payment and the rate maxes out, and all of a sudden you can't pay the payment, and it's a death spiral. "Oh, that will never happen to me."
    Oh, okay...

tery likes this.
  5. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

Zero percent. For the next 18 months. My car loan interest rate was zero, too. It took a long time for me to be able to get those rates.

6. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Which is outrageous. (at least, the offer they sent me-- something like $500!? lol, suuuuure...)

7. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

They DON'T matter to me and you're right! I haven't made a late payment in 23 years

I just saw that offered rate in the ad and wondered where that was in the grand scheme of things.

I dont care what other opinions of credit and credit cards are!

I dont care why someone who screwed his credit up and cant get one would never have a card!

I dont care that someone who screwed his credit up is proud of always paying cash!

I dont care that someone always pays his off every month and doesn't care what his interest rate is! I do too!

I simply saw that deal and wondered what rate other people were getting.

I asked ONE simple question and all I wanted back was a number with a percent sign behind it!

8. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

The lowest I've seen or been offered is 14.6, but the rewards were not as good, so I passed. I think the average (from googling) is like 17. The answer to your question (since you only wanted a specific answer) is easily found using google. then, no one can venture afield on their answer!

9. thegeezer

thegeezer Tele-Afflicted

In defense of the OP, how he uses his cards is his thing.

I pay mine in full each month, always have and always will because I will always be able to afford to.

Not everyone can. Those who have none apparently never use the airlines, rent a car, stay in modern lodging or do any number of contemporary things. Just sayin’.

AlbertaGriff and 1293 like this.
  10. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Bye!

Torren61, DugT and dan1952 like this.
  11. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I don't have a clue. I pay mine off and use the cash back to pay for my Chibsons.

Treadplatedual and Torren61 like this.
  12. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Just looked mine up. 19.9%. It’s paid off in full each month and I needed a card that gave me the best exchange rates for foreign travel.

You’ve been on here a lot longer than me so I’m fairly sure know that’s not how this works.

boredguy6060 likes this.
  13. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, but there are times when you might really need credit or should be aware.

I’m pretty sure the two we use are still 17% for COSTCO’s Visa and the REI MasterCard is or was variable at 13-14% to about 25% based on your credit score and payment history. Those two have been good. We’re not flying as much as we used to and the airline perks didn’t seem as good so we switched from airlines’ cards. Especially after looking at fees and benefits for both.

More and more I don’t want to give my credit card number out so Apple Pay and PayPal have become more of a thing. I did look at the Apple card briefly but haven’t made changes. COSTCO is hard to beat when you have 3 teens and live about 1.5 mi from a location. REI has a good card and we have an active lifestyle so it is nice to have the higher dividend with your coop membership. REI dividends are cash value or cash and they sells state rec passes so I’ve bought my state rec passes there and use the dividends for a quality purchase.

The times when credit was important I went to bank and credit union vs ring up credit card debt. Examples would be a time near home buying or repair when I took super low interest for car and put a car’s worth of cash toward home purchase and repair and looked at refinancing our mortgage.

Regardless of your rate you should get cards with Apple Pay and use Apple Pay because your transactions are not giving the merchant your credit card number.

14. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Les than 15% but interest rates on Savings around 1%.
    If you pay off your credit Card bill within 5 days of receiving, which I plan to on a Boss Katana- zero%
    Our interest rates have never been lower in my 60+ years of life.

15. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

No clue. Use it for everything. Use the points for nearly all Amazon purchases.

16. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Tele-Afflicted

0%, I have no credit cards, car loans, bank loans or mortgages. Paid everything off 6 years ago. I even have a little money in the bank. Not rich but very happy.

tery and boredguy6060 like this.
  17. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Afflicted

I went to the internet and all I got was stuff I didn’t want. :(

18. Rayf_Brogan

Rayf_Brogan Tele-Meister

Which one is this?

19. bayside

bayside Tele-Meister

I don't know how you people put up with rates up to 18%. I pay 5 1/2 to 6 1/2%. Years ago I needed money for my business so someone turn me on to a lawyer in town who was lending at 14% and, at the time we called that "hard money". I didn't go for it. Somethings wrong if your paying over 10%, maybe your a slow or no pay kind of customer.

20. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

They offered you a credit card for company expenses and you told them to shove it? Why? And how is one able to tell their employer to shove it and keep the job?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.