What concert do you regret having actually attended?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Gmountain, Jul 9, 2017.

1. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Man, I was at that concert and remember seeing you in line and felt bad for you. Being thought of as a pedophile is very demeaning. I know. I went to that Miley Cyrus concert by myself...

2. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Dylan in Harrisburg, PA

ok concert, he was phoning it in, but I went with a beautiful summer fling and an old friend of mine, not knowing that she had slept with him (awkward) but then rejected him in my favor (ouch), despite the fact that they were both hard-core Dylan fans and I wasn't -- but by then we had purchased tickets

I spent the whole concert in complete ignorance of all of this and thought everybody was quiet because they were Listening to Bob

hahahahaha

yeah, well

3. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Tele-Holic

My ex dragged me to Phish at Alpine Valley. They are certain talented enough but it is. Not. My. Kind. Of. Music. Probably the most beer I've ever drank at a concert.

2 Headed Goat and brbadg like this.
  4. Dustin_J

Dustin_J Tele-Meister

Lucero. I've seen them 3 times, and 2 of them were really excellent shows. The third, the worst I've ever been to. The venue was concrete floors, brick walls, and way too loud so it was pretty much a cacophony. Ben was s*&(-faced by 3 songs in and was forgetting lyrics/having to start songs over, and the lead guitar player wasn't there so the keys were trying to cover the guitar parts. What a drag, especially knowing how good they could be.

With that being said, I'd go see them again in a heartbeat.

5. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

George Thorogood and the Destroyers at My Father's Place on Long Island in the late 1970s. A co-worker and I had won free tickets. We were so bored we walked out after a few songs.

6. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

Justin Beiber ...it was great till all the screaming tweeny's made me spill my drinks on my good cargo shorts

7. fenderrookie

fenderrookie A fan of Leo!

Had the chance, actually was offered a set of tickets to see Stevie Ray Vaughn on August 24th in Michigan. Did not go because I did not want to take the leave time. Figured I would simply see him the next time. Sadly, he died two days later.

8. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

Steve Earle, 1997 or so. I'd seen him play solo a year earlier, and he was mesmerizing. This time around he had a good band together, so I took my wife and some friends and we made a night of it. The band stumbled out of the gate and played a couple ragged songs, then Steve announced before the next one that this was their second to last show on the tour, and then they got to go home. They proceeded to keep phoning it in the rest of the night. We left early. This wasn't long after he got sober, so he probably wasn't used to the rigors of touring without medicinal assistance in the upward direction.

9. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

I went to see R. Shankar(sp?) and they spent what seemed like an eternity tuning those sitars, I was about twenty and I couldn't take it and walked out, drove me bonkers. Now I wish I had stayed, but it was ridiculous how long they took tuning.

TexasTim likes this.
  10. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

Deep Purple around '75 or '76. (Tommy Bolin was on guitar, Glenn Hughs and David Coverdale on vocals). I'm pretty sure I suffered permanent hearing loss at that show, haven't done without hearing protection since.

11. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Kid Rock and Aerosmith live in 2001 or 2 in Raliegh, NC.

It was so unbelievably bad.

It was my first real show and I was 13 and my fiends step dad bought the tickets.

12. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Smashing Pumpkins, Oxford, MS 1994. I recall that Red, Red Meat opened for them, and I didn't care about them at all. I was there to see the main act. The concert was extraordinarily short. After the opening act finished, The Smashing Pumpkins played a few songs and then stormed off stage and the lights came on. I remember filing out of our sets, wondering what had just happened. One of my friends had been given that concert by another friend as a birthday present. We all just left and drove 2.5 hours home. I think somebody said that the crowd in the front had been unruly and so Corgan decided to end the concert. But I found another page online (www.reddit.com) that said this:

"Paver 1683 points 3 years ago

Smashing Pumpkins in Oxford, Mississippi in April 1994. Billy Corgan was in a foul mood. About six or seven songs into their set, he started playing the opening chords to Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit," and the crowd went crazy.

He then started mocking the crowd, saying something like, "Yeah, that's all you wanna hear, isn't it? **** you!" He then stormed off stage, and the show was over.

The next day, Kurt Cobain was found dead in his home."

So that concert sucked. A complete waste of money and time.

13. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Joe Walsh, Ft. Carson, CO in the early 90's. It was a free concert, and even then I felt ripped-off. He couldn't sing, could barely play the guitar, and was drunk as a skunk. Not long after, The Eagles did that VH1 reunion concert and when I saw Joe Walsh I was like, "No... please don't let him sing...." But he seemed to have cleaned up and actually sounded pretty good.

I saw Black Sabbath in Maryland aroud the time "The Osbournes" was on MTV. The band started into War Pigs, and Ozzy pulled his pants down..... I was like, dude.... no. And he walked around the stage all hunched-over like on The Osbournes, every other word was "f***", and I was amazed because I'd seen him not long before that on the No More Tears tour and he seemed fairly normal. Well, normal for Ozzy.

14. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

I can't say I actually regret attending any concerts/shows, though there have been a few that left me confused and/or disappointed. One was Florida/Georgia Line right after the song Cruise hit...my wife and I, and her parents, did a whirlwind tour of a crapload of country acts that came through Michigan that year and the year before. What made FGL stand out as being especially bad was simply their on-stage presence. They sounded absolutely atrocious live; they evidently use a ton of post-processing and effects in the studio to polish up their album and radio sounds. They were riding the wave of popularity that their hit song brought about, so they were absolutely cocky as hell, putting very little effort into putting on a good show, and pouring every ounce of energy into hamming it up and letting the crowd know that they (the band) were hot ****. It felt incredibly phony and forced. Oh, and the crowd of 100,000+ people (it was an outdoor concert) was absolutely decimated after FGL left...I'd dare bet 1/3 of the crowd vacated

15. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Wow in 1976, Journey was still "prog-rock". Their first album was pretty good. I never thought much of ELO.

16. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Not a concert, but, when my sons were little I took them to see a monster truck show, in which the emcee was crushed to death before our eyes. :oops:o_O

17. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I remember Neil doing a couple Trans songs at the end of a show in Palo Alto, must have been about that time. It was pretty crazy, nobody had heard anything like that. It went over "OK" but people were fairly confused afterwards. Ultimately I liked Trans a lot but that certainly puts me in the minority.

18. nadnitram

nadnitram Tele-Meister

My regrettable concert was Bob Seger in 1987, with the Fabulous T-Birds opening. It was at Blossom Music Center, outside of Cleveland. I was 19, and I was excited to see him, as this concert would begin a two-year run of shows that would include Seger, James Taylor, The Rolling Stones, The Who, and Pink Floyd.

It must have been a bad night for Seger, because I've heard wonderful things about his shows. But I gotta tell you, he really phoned it in that night. His voice sounded good, but he made no connection at all with the audience. It was very out of character for him, from what I've heard.

19. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I was at a show at Alpine Valley in which Slaughter had the misfortune of opening for Slayer.
    People were ripping the sod up and throwing it at them. They told the audience that if they didn't stop it, they were going to have to quit playing, at which time they got pounded all the harder, the air was full of large chunks of lawn with huge clods of dirt attached, pelting Slaughter. It was really funny, yet, I felt bad for them

drlucky, Digital Larry and Ooba Tooba like this.
  20. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think it's you...

RoscoeElegante and blowtorch like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.