1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What concert do you regret having actually attended?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Gmountain, Jul 9, 2017.

1. duzie

duzie Tele-Meister

Marshall Tucker band 2 years ago and just recently Molly Hatchett.

2. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

No. The worst atrocity I've ever seen is reading that Bones went to a KISS concert...

3. Lone Picker

Lone Picker Tele-Meister

I thought of another. Ted Nugent at the Tower Theater. People were booing.

4. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Ringo at Radio City Music Hall. It was the last night of the tour, the band was beat like they just wanted to get through it. Also McCartney at Nassau Coliseum on Long Island, not him or the band, it's the lousiest arena for music, sound just plain sucked. Leave it for Hockey Games and Dog Shows

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  5. edvard

edvard Tele-Afflicted

Motorhead/Metallica/Guns & Roses at the Kingdome in Seattle. I wanted to leave for G&R but my friend said he wanted to stay, so we stayed. Motorhead and Metallica were great (even though this was after James burned his arm so Kurt Vanderhoof was filling in on guitar... I didn't complain). Guns & Roses might have been good if it weren't for the GOD-AWFUL sound and Axl's tantruming. At one point, they had a bunch of women on a raised platform/catwalk playing orchestral instruments and one of them had a flute... :cry: it sounded like feedback, and not the good kind. I put my fingers in my ears for the rest of the show and it was much better after that. I still wish we had left.

6. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

2 concerts: 1. My mother dragged me to when I was 11 to see Bread, I wasn't a fan.
    2. The Police, Joan Jett open which was great. Then the snooze fest came after.

KDawg64 likes this.
  7. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Friend of Leo's

I saw Santana at Leeds University in the late '70's it was a great evening, everything you could hope for.

Three or four years later I saw them again at Wembley arena, centre stage third row back with a large group of friends. They and the whole audience went wild, whilst all the while I felt deflated. To me it seemed as if they were going through the motions. After the earlier gig it felt like such a let down. Maybe it was something to do with being seated, I don't know. I just wanted it to finish

8. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

The Animals 1983. About 2/3 of the set was stuff from a new album, and it sucked. They goofed about on the older stuff, and it sucked.
    I half regret seeing Saxon twice. Both times, the support bands were most excellent ( Budgie and Trapeze ). Saxon just aren't my thing. They were 'the thing' of the then girlfriend. Hey ho.
    Rush. Again, not my thing. My ticket was paid for and transport laid on as a thank you for bringing a project in ahead of time, on budget and fully operational. The light show was quite good. There was a drum solo. At which point, I retired to the bar. I can appreciate Rush, but they're just not for me.
    Bob Dylan. Mumbling. Much mumbling. The man presented a 'Spitting Image' pastiche of himself. I retired to the bar. I was not alone. It was rammed. His backing band were OK, his songs were great, until he reinterpreted them in a bored, monotonal drone. He put about as much effort in to it as I do my morning dump. Anyone else play the 'bomber drone' game on motorways when riding a motorbike?. You hum loudly and vary and the pitch until you get an off-beat drone with the noise of the engine and wind roar, similar to a WWII bombers engines. It passes the time. I did just that on the ride back, and it was more entertaining than his Bobness.
    Whitesnake, shortly after they went even more mock-****-rock. Again, the then girlfriend wanted to go, so I went along. Atrocious. I'd not enjoyed them at Donington in the early eighties ( '83 ) and they hadn't improved. Much flaxen haired posturing, many exhortations to the crowd. Everything played too fast. Widdly-widdly solos by that chap who joined Thin Lizzy. Formulaic and boring.

Larry F likes this.
  9. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Two concerts that were a total waste of time and money...

Seals and Crofts. A note for note recreation of their records. The most boring thing I've ever attended. My girlfriend and I left at the beginning of their after-show pitch about Baha'i Faith.

Second most-boring was Leon Russell, again with my girlfriend plus another couple. He was on a gospel tangent. We left after 45 minutes of him just accompanying a gospel choir. We figured that for the price of the tickets we could have bought two of his albums, two bottles of wine, and had a much better time.

10. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

Another one. Triumph at Wings stadium around 1982. Half inch of water on the floor from the ice. Got separated from the gang and went looking for them. Wandered past a big PA stack front left and a buzz like I couldn't believe was coming out of it. It hurt SO bad. Had a chainsaw in my ears for three days after. There were punks DANCING in front of that thing all night.

John Backlund likes this.
  11. xland

xland Tele-Meister

The only show I ever paid for and left early from was a Jimmy Vaughn show a few years ago. My wife and I were totally bored and left.

Bill likes this.
  12. Welker

Welker TDPRI Member

It may surprise you but 2010 Crossroads Festival in Bridgeport. We got floor tickets and brought a thin blanket to sit on but instead of sitting on grass they had white plastic panels down to protect the turf. Air temp was mid-nineties but it had to be 105 on the field. Wife got a migraine, bottled water was $5. We left in the middle of the afternoon.

13. Tony Done

Tony Done Friend of Leo's

PP&M in the mid 60s. It was a good pro performance in a good location, but I left thinking I should have stayed at home and listened to the album. I don't go to concerts very often, they have to be something of real interest, and that was the only one that disappointed.

14. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Afflicted

Eric Clapton... I couldn't stand it... I was, fool me, expecting some Cream and got some boring acoustic gig in a big stadium... not the best place, not the best setlist, so boooring

15. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Steve Miller Band a few decades ago. Boring low energy show. Pat Benatar was awesome as the opener, but we left 20 minutes into SMB.

16. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

Godsmack at the last Bochtoberfest a few years ago. No wonder they discontinued that festival ever since.

17. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I went to some concerts that weren't bad or anything; it is just that the details of concerts are not real easy to retain, the older you get, and kinda ordinary concerts use up valuable space in your memory banks. I need that space to remember old shows with Professor Longhair and Gatemouth and Taj Mahal and stuf like that. These lightweight innocuous "artists" aren't technically bad, so the fault is really all mine.

What I hate about this is, I want to patronize live music, because if we do not, we'll end up in terrible trouble. But I go and see someone, and then the next time I try to remember a setlist on a concert I saw in the 1980s, I can't do it, until I have sort of forgotten this recent show.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    lewis likes this.
  18. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Well that was your own damn fault. :lol::lol:

Hexabuzz likes this.
  19. cdwillis

cdwillis Tele-Meister

When I was around 19 or 20 I went with a friend to see Less than Jake (a pop punk/ska band). They had the bands Fallout Boy and Yellowcard opening for them. This was a couple years before those bands got popular so we had no idea who they were. We were expecting some other ska bands or something more punk and by the time Less than Jake came out we were in such a bad mood that we left before they finished their set. In hindsight Less than Jake sounded great and put on a really good show, but the entire experience was soured by those other bands.

20. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Not a bad show just so incredibly loud that we couldn't pick anything out of the din without either plugging our ears or standing outside the place. It was The Outlaws playing Headliners in Madison, WI. back around 1981-82.

Other Madisonians like Blowtorch know the place. Good music venue that's hosted some top acts but not built for stadium level volume and that's what we got that night. But other than that the music itself was fine IF you could find a way to bring the decibel level down to less than that of an F-16 on afterburner 50 feet overhead. Ouch!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.