1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What concert do you regret having actually attended?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Gmountain, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I think I saw the same tour. I went specifically to see Jeff Beck but hung around for Santana just to see. After a couple songs we left.

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

dead.jpg

3. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

Van Halen, during the Women and Children First tour...so...1982 ish? New Haven Coliseum, they were so loud it was just noise. Very disappointed, I was such a fan in those days. And my ears rang for days and days.

4. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

The reunion w Dave tour was the only one where they had even a decent sound system. On the Jump, Hot for Teacher, tour it sounded like you say which is crazy because they spent tons of $ on their lights.

5. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

I specifically went to see Jeff Beck as well, as I'd seen him twice before and was floored at how cool he was live. I liked Santana a great deal in my teens and early twenties, and was taken aback at how lame he was. I truly didn't expect it to be so weak, and it really killed my enjoyment and appreciation of his music. At first I thought it was just me, during that first song. Then people began leaving. Then the people we went with asked if we wouldn't be too disappointed if we left early.

6. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

A female acquaintance drug me to a Dokken/Poison twofer extravaganza in the 80's. At least she plied me with beer the whole time. There wasn't enough alcohol in the world.

Also KISS around '86?

And Motley Crue bout '85? I had some kind of leg injury & thankfully sat with my leg propped over the backrest over the seat in front of me. I remember falling asleep.

I see a pattern here.

I wasn't expecting much from any of these bands. The disappointment comes when that realization sets in that you'd rather be doing something else. Christ were they bad though.

7. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

I took my daughter to see One Direction at Wembley. I had to buy the tickets about a year in advance. Very, very expensive. But she deserved the treat I told myself. By the time the concert came round, however:

1) My daughter had grown up some more and just wasn't that bothered about them or the gig.

2) The friend she went with played the "screaming fan" role during the whole gig, much to surprise horror of my daughter and I.

3) One Direction had ZERO banter, ZERO chemistry, ZERO stagecraft and were clearly fed up with each other. As we later found out, they were on the verge of split up

The one redeeming factor was that the support band, 5 Seconds of Summer, seemed at least to have some fun, had good between song banter and could play OK.

8. JohnnyGringo

JohnnyGringo TDPRI Member

David Allen Coe, mid-90's, Boot-Scootin' Saloon, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. I was in the houseband which opened shows for most of the national acts featured at the club.
    I had been a DAC fan for a long time, so I was excited about the upcoming show.

Arriving mid afternoon for sound check, I was told the club owner had put Coe's band up at a local Sheraton, because he refused to provide a place for them to sleep and shower. (They had offered to sleep in sleeping bags in the club) This could be interesting...

Showtime rolls around, and out David comes, armed with a Telecaster equipped with a Roland Synth unit. His onstage monitor mix and guitar volume was about twice as loud as the house mix, and he sounded terrible. I lasted about two songs into his set and left.

Huge disappointment, to say the least...

brookdalebill likes this.
  9. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Yeah, he's not the only one (okay so I never knew her name but I haven't forgot her) ! ;)

10. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Might be the same show. I know I saw CCR several times and spent time hanging out with them one day when I worked at a local radio station (KYA 1260am) where they came in for an interview. Stu Cook's aunt was besties with my mom so we got tickets once or twice.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  11. AnAxeNamedBeverly

AnAxeNamedBeverly Tele-Meister

I saw Dylan about 9 years ago. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it was eerily anticlimactic because the opener was Bryan Setzer absolutely blowing the roof off the place. I remember thinking
    "no-one should have to follow that".

12. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Yup that's the tour I alluded to. 1984. If it wasn't for Alex and the fact that someone else drove I'd have saved myself a week of ringing ears and left.

13. BoiseTelecaster

BoiseTelecaster Tele-Meister

I walked out of a Cranberries concert. The singer was shrieking. Awful.

Also walked out of a George Jones "concert." He was so drunk and stupid he couldn't even put his guitar on. What a clown.

14. blille

blille Tele-Afflicted

Ouch.

AnAxeNamedBeverly likes this.
  15. blille

blille Tele-Afflicted

Not even G Lynch playing Mr Scary? Not my cup of tea but I have to believe there was some solid guitar playing there.

3-Chord-Genius likes this.
  16. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

I saw Dokken play at a Colorado Springs bar in 1995. I was right up at the stage. Don Dokken and George Lynch clearly hated each other. Man, that band was tight though.

blille likes this.
  17. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Neil always did have trouble with the finer points of stagecraft. :)

18. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Ok I'll probably get burned for this one.

But it was in 2003 I think when Kiss and Aerosmith toured together...

Whoever the event coordinator was likely got fired for this debacle.

I think everyone knows you don't pay obscene ticket prices just to hear some music, you pay for the music and a SHOW well as we all know theatrics and showmanship is Kiss's forte and some space cadet put them on first!!!

So after Kiss's set there was a long intermission (to tear down there awsome stage) and then aerosmith comes on with nothing but 1 full stack a drum kit a bass stack and a big ass fan.

Then Steven Tyler runs around for the first few songs grinding his junk on the fan, that was the sum of it and the majority if the arena including myself walked out...

In honesty aerosmith didn't play bad at all they actually sounded good you just don't put barebones rock on AFTER a HUGE theatrical show!!

dlew919 and 3-Chord-Genius like this.
  19. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

I saw that with my wife and some kinda-friends. They were huge Santana fans.

Bill was flipped - Santana 1st, then Jeffley.

The kinda-friends were NJ partiers and parking lot heroes and we stumbled into the place to hear Santana say "Stick around for Jeff Beck !"

They were sooooo bummed they had drug and alcohol problems...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I loved Jeff's set though !

Singing now better than he has in at least 30 years.

All but one of the songs from last week's show were completely intelligible and had the original melody (Dylan fans will understand that).

AnAxeNamedBeverly likes this.
  20. cj11l

cj11l Tele-Meister

Ozzy, maybe 1986, 1987 or so in Kzoo.......

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.