1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What concert do you regret having actually attended?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Gmountain, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic

For me, it was ELO with Journey opening. I think it was 1976 or 1977. The biggest waste of 3+ hours in my life. I think I actually fell asleep during ELO. Terrible.

Bassman8 and Dismalhead like this.
  2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

None that I can think of off hand but then I'm pretty choosy about who I'll spend money to see live. I can't think of any act whose disappointed me all that much. In most cases I felt I got what I paid for or more.

3. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

Most recently was Blues Traveler at Red Rocks. John Popper was so sauced he couldn't string together two coherent lyrics. It was so bad. I've seen them at Red Rocks multiple times and it was always good. But this last time was awful.

Before that... I guess I would have to say Creed/Our Lady Peace/Oleander.

But outside of those two shows, I've always felt there was something at every show I've enjoyed and I've seen hundreds.

4. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

Alice Cooper at Castle Farms in 79? Crowd rushed the stage, Alice made a run for it. I was stoned and got crushed against the chain link. Shattered my glasses. I caught just one lens and had to hold it up to my eye for the drive home.

5. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Friend of Leo's

I saw Yanni in concert once...

Please don't ask...

6. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I haven't really regretted any of them except maybe Waylon Jennings in KC during the late '70's. I still thought it was okay, but he really didn't seem too motivated to be on stage. He basically walked out, sat on stool, and played through the set before walking off. No interaction, no talking, no new material, nothing.

Outside of that show, there was an open-air concert in the park back in '88 with Cheap Trick. No complaints about Cheap Trick at all, but they let a local band open for them "Manilla Thrills" who botched it up so bad that after cremating a couple of Deep Purple songs that they were removed from the stage in disgust.

7. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

Nothing wrong with Yanni. The guy is very talented. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I can watch almost any genre of live performance so long as the performers have real talent and they put in the effort. Well... except for some electronica. I don't think I could sit through a deadmau5 concert. Doesn't mean he isn't talented... just not my cup of tea.

gpasq, dlew919 and badfish_lewis like this.
  8. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Smithereens somewhere on the Delaware shore, they had just had the hits, off of Green Thoughts and this was probably booked a year or so out, and they obviously did not want to be there, phoned it in big time..

9. jimash

jimash Friend of Leo's

I saw the Clash once. It was awful.

10. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Afflicted

Pierre Boulez, He was a genius and all. Maybe my girl and I were too tired from doing acting workshops all day. It literally sounded like the entire orchestra were making it up on the spot. Cacophonous. And then the opera singer came in. It was like burning a cat. That was it. We looked at each other and said we're out of here. We got up and realized the concert hall (one of the UCLA ones IDR which) was emptying out quick as people were leaving in droves. I like atonal music to a certain extent but this was torture.

blille, BuckSatan and Milspec like this.
  11. Lone Picker

Lone Picker Tele-Meister

Jefferson Starship w/ Grace Slick back in the 80's. Went for a girl friend and lost 2 1/2 hours of my life that I want back.

brookdalebill and Dismalhead like this.
  12. scooter_trasher

scooter_trasher Tele-Meister

J. Geils Band, twice 3rd &4th row center at Cobo, no other band will ever compare :)

Bellacaster and beezerboy like this.
  13. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Eddie Money, maybe 25 years ago. Sloppy as any show at any level. Either really disinterested or really drunk. Glad the beer was cold.

Dismalhead likes this.
  14. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

None. Every concert I've ever been to has been just fine, at least 200 or so.

brookdalebill likes this.
  15. AnAxeNamedBeverly

AnAxeNamedBeverly Tele-Meister

Dead Kennedy's without Jello Biafra was pretty pointless. I don't "regret" it because it was a cheap punk show and an excuse to drink beer (not that I need one), but I just kept thinking "This is not DK, they should've changed their name".

Shango66 likes this.
  16. MatchlessMan

MatchlessMan Tele-Holic

The Police reunion tour, Twickenham Rugby ground. £70 per ticket, the band themselves mere dots in the distance therefore watching them on screens (which I could do at home for free), and utter chaos trying to exit the car park afterwards.

soul-o likes this.
  17. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not even going to mention the band but needless to say I'm really not excited about being ambushed with "tent revival" BS when I just came to enjoy the music...

thesamhill likes this.
  18. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Lindsay Buckingham/Christine McVie - 1 week ago today.

So much potential, so many wrong choices.

Stunning really considering how much time in "the biz" they collectively have.

19. ab2012

ab2012 Tele-Holic

Aerosmith at MSG in the 70's. Rick Derringer opened. They were pretty out of it as you can imagine...terrible show.

Dismalhead and Lone Picker like this.
  20. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

KISS, worst atrocity I have ever seen.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.