What color is this? It's not a trick, I promise!

KeepItSimpleTele

Tele-Meister
Sure looks like Agave Blue to me. I have a MIM one from the early 2000s that is Agave. It has the same looking slight metallic sheen in the paint that makes it do neat things in different lights.

I’m not sure on which years the Agave colour was available...but I believe it’s fairly rare.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
That looks a bit like Fender's Sonic Grey. I have noticed on-line it is hard to photograph consistently.

TeleAPRSOG-large.jpg

Ronkirn

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
This is why sending photos across the internet as a color reference can be a problem... ya send an olympic white.. and ya receive a powder blue adn whiter of the builder is whacko.. its just what can happen to color as ya send it across the planet, in a collection scrambled does and zeros..

r

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
Reminds me of the Sterling LK100D in "Luke Blue."

lukestore2.jpg

It's highly responsive to the overall color temperature of the lighting. You can go on Reverb and see several of these, none apparently the exact same shade.

lukeosm.jpg

Same guitar, two different photos.

Bob

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
Like the Squier Standard Telecaster, which is listed as "vintage blonde." In some photos, it looks okay. But in others, it looks too dark (almost green) or an odd shade of yellow that doesn't (for me at least) resemble vintage blonde.

Texsunburst59

Friend of Leo's
Mistic Ice Blue or Ice Blue Metallic according to the Fender color chart.

That's the closest colors to that guitar.

In the first pic it looks like the colors mentioned above.

In the second pic it looks Pearl White .

It all depends on the lighting as to what color the guitar looks like.

nomadh

Tele-Afflicted
I'm thinking the 1st pic is more accurate? A metallic blue can look silver but I dont think a silver can ever look very blue. So I'd call it metallic teal.

Nelg

Tele-Meister
Does anyone know what colors were available during this time? That would certainly narrow the choices.