What brand of boots do you wear?

MisterZ

Tele-Afflicted
Sorel when it gets cold. Today LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoes with waxed cotton uppers. Muck Boot Arctic Sport around the yard. Otherwise it's Birkenstock all the way, per my podiatrist.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
As I said in the OP, I ve been pretty happy with Oboz but the sole is wearing out rather badly and they surely aren't going to last another winter. I bought them last July.

Around the same time I bought a pair of Danner boots from Cabellas. They had a very strange, way oversized tongue. There was too much fabric used and neither tongue would lay flat. Well, I missed the return date and was stuck with them. So they sat in a closet, unused, for 10 months until I saw Danners return policy. It covers up to a year for defects. I contacted them, they took them back and gave me a $160 credit towards a new pair. So I paid an extra $30 and bought a pair of there gortex 452s and they came on Saturday. So far I am really liking these and 5 stars to Danner for wonderful customer service.

I think Oboz are going away.

davidge1

Friend of Leo's
I've owned two pair of western boots in my life. The first were Tony Llama - they were totally comfortable. The second were Dan Posts and were the most uncomfortable pair of footwear I ever tried to wear. Their arch supports are so extreme, they jab me in the middle of my foot. I couldn't stand for more than 10 minutes before I was hurting. My father (who wore nothing but western boots) was just the opposite. He thought Tony Llamas were really uncomfortable and would only wear Dan Post. I'm more flat-footed I guess.

These days my boots are Wolverine 1000 Mile lace-ups, oxblood.