What brand of boots do you wear?

Muttly

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Hoffman boots at work, pacs if it gets cold enough, was regular lineman steel toes for 5 years, switched to armor pros two years ago. Instantly comfy vs the painful one month break in.
Scarpa Frankenstein boots on weekends in the boonies. Will say, January of 2017, broke a couple toes, the Scarpas turned into my comfy shoes, month or two anything with a flexible sole was no bueno.

Jared Evans

Tele-Meister
Nocona and Dan Post. I’ve had the heel replaced in the nocona three times, the Dan post twice. Both have held up extremely well over almost 10 years of wear.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
J.B. Hill customs...sharkskin lowers with deerskin shafts. Made to match my Strat.

Giddy-up!

JB Hill Custom Boots.jpg

Get you a pair right'cheer: https://www.jbhilltexas.com

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Never wore anything but boots in the UK, usually Dr Marten or my trusty Frye boots bought n a trip to California, here in Spain I have had to get used to shoes because if the heat, so now it's various pairs of Vans, maybe boots for about weeks in winter, in fact we don't have winter really, we refer to it as not summer!

RomanS

Poster Extraordinaire
Red Wing Iron Rangers - I always hear people complaining that these are uncomfortable, but for me, these are the most comfortable boots on the planet (after the required initial break-in period, of course); I've got a pair in brown, and another one in black.

My other favorite shoes a specific model of Clarks wingtips - I found these a few years ago, they were so comfortable that I bought a couple of pairs in brown and black, saving some in a closet, until the first pair is worn out (took about 6 or 7 years).

My favorite hiking boots at the moment are Salewas, but I get whatever fits my requirements, not stuck on a specific brand.

I hate a too casual look (don't even get me started on the hippie slob look - looking at you, Birkenstocks & Crocs), so I don't wear sneakers/tennis shoes/trainers - unless it's for actual sporting activities ,(I do wear some at the gym); but for very hot summer days I've got a pair of low-top cotton sneakers...

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Dr Martens or a UK made clone pair ( Whose name I forget and the print on the insole has worn away. Very well made. )
1460 since pre-teen.
Got to cosset your plates.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
My current boots are:
Diamond J westerns (my Dad's...I've had them resoled four or five times since)
2x Dan Post westerns
Carolina loggers
Merrill hikers
Justin work boots

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I'm on my 2nd pair of Oboz in 3 years. They are hikers and all in all I like them. They are my daily go to. The newest pair is waterproof and just today, walking through the slush, my feet got a small taste of ice water.

My other pair is from LL Bean and while I forget the name of them, they were made by a company in Rhode Island. I've had these about 4 years and they have been the best pair of boots I've had. A nice feeling steel shank, Vibram soles, and the uppers are leather. They feel great on my feet and ankles and don't leak. I'm a happy camper when I'm wearing these.

Have any recommendations or avoidances?
We seldom get snow so deep in Toronto that a pair of "snow mobile" type boots are required, and they're impossible to wear while driving. That being said, I see a lot of people wearing them in the winter. They are warm and waterproof, that is for sure.

I have serious problems with my feet, and as such I turned to Finn shoes and their winter boots as they have built in orthotics. They are also pricey. Like their shoes, the boots are leather, lace up and water proof, about the height of hiking boots. I'm never outside long enough to know how they'd hold up in extreme cold, but the last few days here have seen some very frosty temps, and walking the dog or shovelling the mountain of snow we got the other day, they help up well, It's my second year with them, and so far so good. Comfort, support, warmth and dryness are all checked.

hnryclay

Tele-Holic
Bean boots for the snow, and mud. Wolverine made in USA work/casual lace ups had them for 10 years resoled once. Tony Lamas, and Hondos for wesrern boots.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I have two pair of Chippewa's, one pair are 6" Apaches that I have probably put over 1000 miles on walking my dogs all over creation. They're ready for a resole.
I've been wearing them almost exclusively for over 25 years. I was in the footwear business and have found them to use the highest quality materials and construction, most durable and most consistent quality of any US made work boot.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Lowa hiking boots have been great and they come in widths many don't have. As a trail builder who also did 15 years of ski area work I can say the fit, performance and durability are well worth the price.