What brand of boots do you wear?

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Cowboy boots: Lucchese

Hiking Boots: Scarpa

Every day boots: Danner

Oh yea! Store was out of Danner version I wanted last time so bought some Lowa's. Yet to wear them much but nice boots!

BTW If you ever go anywhere near El Paso there's a Lucchese outlet. All my Lucchese's are "seconds" although virtually impossible to find any flaws. You can find $900-$1000++ boots for as low as $200! I think mine were $300. Best cowboy boots in the world aside from some small craftsman makers who charge much more!

Last edited:

0SubSeanik0

Tele-Meister
Keen - low or 3/4 tops, and always ventilated. Great for wide feet and distributing weight. I never roll an ankle (knock wood).

I just had to replaced my old snow boots with a pair of North Face Chilkats. Not a horrible price, will keep me dry and should keep me warm... Heading to Green Bay this weekend, so I sure as heck hope so!

bsman

Friend of Leo's
I have a pair of 30-something year old Justin Ropers in shrunken shoulder leather that have been resoled numerous times, a pair of Florsheim "no drip no slip" lace up black ankle boots, and a pair of Clark's desert boots in beeswax leather. We're moving to Wisconsin (after 35 years in California) and were back visiting last week, so I got a pair of Wolverine insulated boots with leather uppers and rubber bottoms that I left in our new place in Madison.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
If it's cold and messy where I am I've got some Sorel that are fuzzy goodness on the inside and waterproof.

At this moment I'm wearing Cydwok PSI boots. Rock the F on.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I got these (Windriver) at Mark's.

321159_5CPEWRF20-5293_PROD_2_BLACK

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I had low Merrill’s and switched to Keen’s with my last pair. I think the Keen’s are better. In Alabama I don’t deal with snow and slush very much.
I think my waterproof boot are mid height Cabela’s that work well. Before that I had a different pair and after quite a few years the sole on them came loose.
The biggest problem with recommending boots is what fits me might not you. Someone above likes Timberland and I find them to be uncomfortable. To each their own.

Last edited:

Wallaby

Friend of Leo's
Redwing currently. I still mourn the THEFT of the nicest boots I ever had, which were Danner. Scum and villainy abounds :/

thejackofhearts

Tele-Meister
I never wear shoes, I don't own any. It's either boots or Jesus boots (sandals) for me.

Bootwise it's Joseph Cheaney of Northampton, Chuck Taylors but most of the time Red Wing of Minnesota riggers.
I dig Cheaney Boots! You sir are a man of refined taste.

My rotation
Cheaney dress boots
Tricker's dress boots
Wesco engineer boots
Mister Freedom engineer boots
Chuck's when the little doggies need a break from all those boots.

spupilup

Tele-Meister
I have two pair of Chippewa's, one pair are 6" Apaches that I have probably put over 1000 miles on walking my dogs all over creation. They're ready for a resole. The other pair of Chippewa's look like knock offs of Red Wing Iron Rangers. For nice everyday wear I have a beautiful pair of Red Wing Beckman's in Featherstone. For really nice dress up I have a couple of pair of Allen Edmonds boots. Yeah, I like boots.

spupilup

Tele-Meister
I should also mention that I have a pair of Baffin Musk Ox snow boots. I had never heard of them before and got a ridiculous deal on eBay. That was about 10 years ago. They're holding up well and man do they keep my feet warm and dry.