What brand of boots do you wear?

tarheelbob

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Thorogood Moc Toe for work.
Red Wing Iron Rangers out and about.
Old pair of Red Wing #1412 insulated, waterproof for serious weather.

Doctor of Teleocity
I used to be a RW guy, walked into their store with a couple pairs that needed a little tlc. Store said they wouldn’t work on them, that the factory wouldn’t. One steel toe pair I’d had since the ‘90’s that held up really well, the other I’d bought a couple years earlier at the same store. They didn’t make the ones I liked anymore, sold me some new goretex with a “reinforced” toe that didn’t hold up long at all.

At this point in the game, I’ve run out of anything to count on or be proud to own, regarding brands. Last pair of work boots I bought were 6 dollars at the thrift store. I wore them until they fell apart, but at least they weren’t 300 dollars.

Quality, with some dealer support from a company that cares, maybe it still exists, maybe not, but I don’t care anymore.

srvy

Tele-Meister
Western boots I bought a pair in 1974 at Hyer Boot Company Olathe Kansas the original cowboy boot. Still have them and they fit been resoled a few times. Hyer Boot moved to El Paso Tx in the 90s then got swallowed up. I did a search and found this looks they are coming back to Olathe Ks.

Mudders and cold Bafin or LaCross 5 buckle.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
J.B. Hill custom boots done in Tan bull shark with ornamentation to match my '60 surf green Stratocaster.

Because...reasons.

JB-Hill-Custom-Boots.jpg

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
I'm surprised my cheap Ariats have held up so well
In regards to inexpensive boots, I bought a pair of black steel toed combat looking boots at Walmart for $28. I don't wear them often but they have held up quite well for almost 6 yrs. Plus they have an excellently formed steel shank that fits my foot perfectly.

Inexpensive but not cheap. 😎👍

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
I'm on my 2nd pair of Oboz in 3 years. They are hikers and all in all I like them. They are my daily go to. The newest pair is waterproof and just today, walking through the slush, my feet got a small taste of ice water.

My other pair is from LL Bean and while I forget the name of them, they were made by a company in Rhode Island. I've had these about 4 years and they have been the best pair of boots I've had. A nice feeling steel shank, Vibram soles, and the uppers are leather. They feel great on my feet and ankles and don't leak. I'm a happy camper when I'm wearing these.

Have any recommendations or avoidances?
Justins: Jackson, Temple and Pearsall.