What brand of boots do you wear?

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
I'm on my 2nd pair of Oboz in 3 years. They are hikers and all in all I like them. They are my daily go to. The newest pair is waterproof and just today, walking through the slush, my feet got a small taste of ice water.

My other pair is from LL Bean and while I forget the name of them, they were made by a company in Rhode Island. I've had these about 4 years and they have been the best pair of boots I've had. A nice feeling steel shank, Vibram soles, and the uppers are leather. They feel great on my feet and ankles and don't leak. I'm a happy camper when I'm wearing these.

Have any recommendations or avoidances?

Engine Swap

Friend of Leo's
Love my Moon Boots for any snow over 4” - light, warm, comfortable, good traction

Logo_Moon_Boot.jpg

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
Uggs weather proof boots for very cold weather, Clark’s for winter, and GEOX dress boots. I also have LL Bean Duck boots.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
I'm on my 2nd pair of Oboz in 3 years. They are hikers and all in all I like them. They are my daily go to. The newest pair is waterproof and just today, walking through the slush, my feet got a small taste of ice water.

My other pair is from LL Bean and while I forget the name of them, they were made by a company in Rhode Island. I've had these about 4 years and they have been the best pair of boots I've had. A nice feeling steel shank, Vibram soles, and the uppers are leather. They feel great on my feet and ankles and don't leak. I'm a happy camper when I'm wearing these.

ahh...hang on i'll go an check..brb...ok seems they are a purple color and made of rubber..hmm..prolly my wifes boots. i guess i don't have any.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
I never wear shoes, I don't own any. It's either boots or Jesus boots (sandals) for me.

Bootwise it's Joseph Cheaney of Northampton, Chuck Taylors but most of the time Red Wing of Minnesota riggers.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted

Red Wings for everyday
Sorels for snow

teleforumnoob

Friend of Leo's
I have a pair of Dan Post cowboy boots, some waterproof Merrill hikers, and a pair of LL Bean Duck Boots for the sloppy stuff. The Dan Posts are about worn out and would have already been replaced but since Covid theres been no real need.
Oh, and I have some side zip parachute style army boots for the motorcycle. Some real ankle high motorcycle boots are probably my next purchase for spring, just gotta find the pair that meet the looks and comfort criteria.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
I wear work boots daily.
Tried Redwing and Justin. Spent big bucks. Hated them. Gave them away.

I’ve worn timberlands for years.
Mid height, gore Tex liner, cost about $120 and last about a year to a year and a half.
I have a half dozen or so worn out pairs hanging on a nail in my shop.
I’m not sure why I keep them other than they help me mark the passage of time.

I have a couple pair of Lucchese cowboy boots when I’m in that mood.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
I wear work boots, so that's all I could possibly recommend. I have two pairs of thorogoods now, and I like them a lot. So far, no slush leak. I wax them at the beginning of each winter. Durable, comfortable, and good looking.

KC

Friend of Leo's
everyday winter boots: mid-height waterproof Keens, with Kahtoola nano-spikes when warranted. Tungsten mini-crampons really bite in the ice.

deep snow or serious sub-zero: Sorels

summer/shoulder season: low rise Oboz hiking shoes, non-waterproof (and thus breathable).

bar boots: Tony Lama or Tacoma.

XC ski boots: Alpina.

Fishing boots: Simms.

Backpacking boots: Obóz waterproof full-height.

We wear boots a lot in Montana, I guess.