What are your favorite non-Fender guitars?

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I just love my Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood. Adirondack spruce over solid rosewood.
F8B40DA8-28F6-4708-8A85-8C6BE7DF6B2A.jpeg

Ebidis

Friend of Leo's
My Gretsch is great.

IMG_1344.JPG

My Epi LP is great.

fullsizeoutput_f3.jpeg

My Harley Benton SC Junior is great.

fullsizeoutput_32a.jpeg

But...

It seems like more and more, my LTD is just becoming like part of my body. I just took a one week trip (got back Tuesday night) and did not have a guitar. The LTD was the one I dreamed about getting back to.

fullsizeoutput_345.jpeg

Unionjack515

Tele-Afflicted
First off, I had an old Samick "Les Paul", circa 1980. "The Samick". It was ebony, it sounded great, and I should never have done what I did to it. My point is I really like an ebony Paul with faded binding.

What's going on with that switch cover? Is it relic'd? Is it my substandard phone?

Never noticed, I think it’s just weird glare in the photo. Assuming you’re talking about the cavity cover over the switch right? It’s clear. I think the reflection is of the light hanging above it, maybe?

Slip Kid

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
My Heritage 575 Custom shares the #1 spot with my Tele.
40C4AD33-9DD7-4EA7-8217-A93C640EC2D3.jpeg

My SG Classic that I got earlier this (seen with my SJ-200) has settled into the #2 slot.
022EF7CB-6680-4C37-8A0F-3CEDB6BFA862.jpeg

My ‘93 PRS Custom is also a favorite and used to hold the #1 slot.
80FE976F-48CC-4767-B488-096AB9C15B69.jpeg

I also love my Rick 360-12, even though it’s a pain to string and tune!
7AB13035-FD08-42D3-AE81-8E1C07581C7C.jpeg

PixMix

Tele-Holic
Low end Gibsons: Melody Makers, Specials, DC's etc. I own a beautiful LP Standard and an SG Standard, but nothing makes me more happy than cheap flat tops with barely any finish on them.

HVU5Qffl.jpg

Last edited:

eclecticsynergy

Friend of Leo's
My favorite Les Paul. Acquired in '83 from Guitar Trader. She just keeps getting better as the years go by. Pretty beat up, but her scars were earned in battle.

A crummy pic,but this one shows her top better:

Bought my first PRS in '87. This insanely lively guitar rocked my world - literally changed the way I approach playing - and remains my favorite for modern tones. Not fancy to look at but man, does she sing!

Last edited:

mkdaws32

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
That Damien 6 one of the FRS models with the Sustainiac on it?

If so, how do you feel about it?

No, mine is an older Diamond series model. I couldn't find an exact picture of it and was too lazy to take one of mine ;) The Diamond series Damien 6 now has a hardtail top loading bridge, but mine looks closer to the Platinum series one I posted a pic of. Mine has the staggered string-thru body design with the tune-o-matic type bridge. It also has the body binding and the bat wing inlays, but it doesn't have the neck binding. I've replaced the EMG pickups with generic, vintage PAF output pickups. It was supposed to be a temporary change while I considered other brand name options, but its sounds so good with these pickups I just left them.
damien-6-sbk-2013-downshot-high2.jpg

ArdeliasTele

Tele-Meister
No, mine is an older Diamond series model. I couldn't find an exact picture of it and was too lazy to take one of mine ;) The Diamond series Damien 6 now has a hardtail top loading bridge, but mine looks closer to the Platinum series one I posted a pic of. Mine has the staggered string-thru body design with the tune-o-matic type bridge. It also has the body binding and the bat wing inlays, but it doesn't have the neck binding. I've replaced the EMG pickups with generic, vintage PAF output pickups. It was supposed to be a temporary change while I considered other brand name options, but its sounds so good with these pickups I just left them.
damien-6-sbk-2013-downshot-high2.jpg

Awesome, thanks. The original spec on that looks extremely similar to my C-1...same active EMG pair.

I've been fascinated by at least the recorded examples of what you can do with a Sustainiac, and I'm eager to hear some people’s thoughts that actually have one.