What are your favorite non-Fender guitars?

Boxla

Tele-Holic
My two Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Sports. I'm years into playing them and they are still the first guitars to ever make me feel satisfied and have quenched my thirst for new guitars. I've been playing electric for 33 years and have always been looking for the next guitar that's a little better. Even when I got a brand new PRS in '97, I was still on the hunt. In fact, last night I grabbed my Tele off the stand in our family room and played it for about a 1/2 hour and my only thoughts were, I love so much about this Tele, especially the looks and sound, but I'd rather play my MM. For me, my Tele is like driving a car without power steering while my Axis Sports are like driving a Bentley. So easy, so smooth, so comfortable. It's their necks. Their necks are unrivaled in the electric guitar industry. The absolute best there is. And although EBMM has a variety of models, the Axis Sports line is basically their version of a Tele. It's also nice that there's a little bit of Leo's DNA in them, or at least in the company.
mmguitar.jpg

Wooly Fox

Tele-Meister
Continuing the Music Man theme, my Albert Lee BFR in Seafoam Sparkle. Easily my favourite guitar (sorry AO Tele Custom). The neck carve is perfect, not too small and easy to play. Noiseless pickups sound great and the bridge humbucker is properly meaty. I don't like strats and this fills that gap in my collection. I really need more Music Man guitars...

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I would love to see you squier-danelectro hybrid. I've thought about doing something like that a few times, did you adjust the bridge position?

Oh, and my pick for favourite non fender (outside of my #1, which I built from a kit) is definately my Danelectro DC59 in baby come back blue. It's stunning, easy to play, sounds fantastic. And unfortunately, the lead guitarist plays it in my band instead of me!

See here now—Danelectro baritone neck, Squier Bullet Special plywood body (and yeah, being a baritone, the bridge is downstream a bit from the original position):

F5243E06-10DB-4A1E-8F0A-F5D3B238FF26.jpeg

clingin_on

Tele-Meister
My two Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Sports. I'm years into playing them and they are still the first guitars to ever make me feel satisfied and have quenched my thirst for new guitars. I've been playing electric for 33 years and have always been looking for the next guitar that's a little better. Even when I got a brand new PRS in '97, I was still on the hunt. In fact, last night I grabbed my Tele off the stand in our family room and played it for about a 1/2 hour and my only thoughts were, I love so much about this Tele, especially the looks and sound, but I'd rather play my MM. For me, my Tele is like driving a car without power steering while my Axis Sports are like driving a Bentley. So easy, so smooth, so comfortable. It's their necks. Their necks are unrivaled in the electric guitar industry. The absolute best there is. And although EBMM has a variety of models, the Axis Sports line is basically their version of a Tele. It's also nice that there's a little bit of Leo's DNA in them, or at least in the company. View attachment 909544

Continuing the Music Man theme, my Albert Lee BFR in Seafoam Sparkle. Easily my favourite guitar (sorry AO Tele Custom). The neck carve is perfect, not too small and easy to play. Noiseless pickups sound great and the bridge humbucker is properly meaty. I don't like strats and this fills that gap in my collection. I really need more Music Man guitars...

Love these guitars.

Doomguy

Tele-Holic
I like my SGs (one Gibson Standard from 2018, another Epiphone G-400 Pro) quite a bit. My seven string (LTD SH-207) is pretty nice as well.

I guess every guitar I've ever enjoyed playing would count. I've never played a Fender six string, much less owned one.

doof

Tele-Holic
I love my Cherry Red Ibanez Artcore AS73. Every time I pick it up, it just feels so nice in my hands. As for acoustic, I bought a Simon & Patrick about 10 years ago and the honeymoon still isn't over.

supersoldier71

Tele-Afflicted
55EE8F64-B2AD-4BB8-A74D-B4CD1451873A.jpeg
E2AC1520-49C3-4FC4-A78A-4BE4D7D15780.jpeg

PRS SE C24 Floyd and PRS S2 Standard 24.

The SE was my first PRS after a decade of bad mouthing the price and the aesthetic. Then I played one. A used SE Torero off the used rack at Guitar Center. It had sold by the time I went back for it. Sweetwater gave me a nice deal on the SE Custom 24 Floyd in Santana Yellow and I fell in love with that guitar.

Out of the box, it did everything better than every other guitar I owned.

I got the S2 about three years ago, and about a year later, changed the stock 85/15S set for DiMarzios—Bluesbucker and a Super Distortion. That did it! Now it’s a credible stand in for a hot rodded SG.

My Strat gets most of the run right now, but it’s in a rotation with these two and my Les Paul Special.

fleezinator

Tele-Meister
I currently own 4 electrics, a warmoth Jazzmaster, a squier J Mascis JM, a partscaster tele and an American PRS standard 24, so I guess that wins by default lol.

supersoldier71

Tele-Afflicted
I don’t have any pics of my Gibson Les Paul Special, but it’s my oldest guitar and the only one with any emotional attachment.

Also, as far as brand loyalty, I’m not that into Gibsons, overall.

My wife got it for me as a gift about 13 years ago, when I’d only been playing for a short time. My preferences hadn’t formed yet, but it was a “real” Gibson Les Paul.

But because my preferences developed since then, it fell out of the rotation for a while. Also, it took a header off the stand and broke a tuner. Could have been worse!

But as I said, I’m keeping this one, so I had to get it sorted.

New chrome Grovers fixed the one problem. The other was that I wasn’t vibing with the pickups. Duncan Phat Cats solved that.

After that, I love the way it sounds, so the Slim Taper neck became a non-issue.

Still not a Gibson guy though.

ArdeliasTele

Tele-Meister
Good question! I like my Schecter Damien 6 - Schecter has some nice stuff. I like the G&L Tribute S and T types (with traditional pickups - not the MFD models). I like the Charvel and Peavey superstrats I've owed in the past. Yamaha SG series - like a double cut LP but a more comfortable neck (for me). My Peavey Foundation S bass is the best PJ style bass I've ever played.

That Damien 6 one of the FRS models with the Sustainiac on it?

If so, how do you feel about it?