What are your favorite non-Fender guitars?

Luvs2yoko

TDPRI Member
Prs imports. I would love a USA made one, if I found one used for a good price.They will never replace my telecasters, but cover all other ground quite well.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

mkdaws32

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Good question! I like my Schecter Damien 6 - Schecter has some nice stuff. I like the G&L Tribute S and T types (with traditional pickups - not the MFD models). I like the Charvel and Peavey superstrats I've owed in the past. Yamaha SG series - like a double cut LP but a more comfortable neck (for me). My Peavey Foundation S bass is the best PJ style bass I've ever played.

1guy

Tele-Meister
Favorites that I don't have would be a LP in sunburst...bucket list guitar.

Danelectros...never touched one , but I love how they look.

I could go on and on, cuz I love guitars and would have a hundred of em, of I could.

But my co-fave with my Tele is a Musicman Reflex...BEST father's day gift EVER!
IMG_20211014_070827324.jpg

Gaz_

Tele-Meister
Danelectro. That’s the first electric I was obsessed by, and I still own the first one I bought, 35+ years ago. Godin would be my second choice, though. (And to be fair, I don’t actually own a Fender product. A Squier body, yes, but it has a Danelectro neck on it.)

View attachment 909436

I would love to see you squier-danelectro hybrid. I've thought about doing something like that a few times, did you adjust the bridge position?

Oh, and my pick for favourite non fender (outside of my #1, which I built from a kit) is definately my Danelectro DC59 in baby come back blue. It's stunning, easy to play, sounds fantastic. And unfortunately, the lead guitarist plays it in my band instead of me!

BobWithOneO

TDPRI Member
Hands down, my MIK Epi Sheraton II. It is also the guitar that I have put the most work in to develop the sound I was after.
View attachment 909434
I have an 89 and it's a great platform. Most stable neck I own next to my 45 year old acoustic. I wish all my necks were 5 piece maple and walnut.

Here's probably my favorite. Aria Pro II PE-150 Les Paul Special Double Cut. The P90s are phenomenal, and the nitro finish is the icing on the cake.
Screenshot_20210426-163504.png

El Marin

Friend of Leo's
Well... I am not a Fender fan guy... I love my Tele, that's all. Actually I really hate Strats (shape, sound and feel) and wouldn't buy another Fender guitar but an exact guitar like mine in case of loosing it.

But dispite my Tele, I am really in love wuith this. Adn now even more I changed the Filtertrons for Dynasonics (Yes, I don't clean guitars... something about mojo and idunnowhatelse):

O2INnkv.jpg

9ALuXYN.jpg

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
Following the OP's precedent of one electric and one acoustic:

My Reverend Tricky Gomez

IMG-2316.jpg

This thing's lots of fun. If I had to say that I'm a (X guitar) guy, the answer would be Strat. The Tricky has totally different pickups/configuration, a different type of trem, a different scale and a body that feels way different against mine. I love it all. It's totally different from my usual wheelhouse but also really great, which easily makes it my favorite non-Fender/Squier guitar.

And my Goya G-215

IMG-0664.jpg

This was a cheap Goodwill find. After a little clean-up, new strings and a slight sanding down of the saddle, it's a great little strummer.