What are you doing today?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fnkmstr, May 17, 2020.

1. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Ran over a few songs for a possible rehearsal next week, studied for my next rank promotion , now about to shop for wedding anniversary present

fnkmstr likes this.
  2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

Just following the VA Phase 1 according to governor.
    Except for Northern Virginia ( highest population density).where I live, VA ' opened up a bit' on Friday - which allows for very controlled social distancing to restaurants and local biz.
    NoVa will do the same at the end of May.
    So, I will basically gig, where I am allowed to by guidelines - which means outside, for now/at a distance

3. bcorig

bcorig Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Two hours working on the transition from You Never Give Me Your Money to One Sweet Dream (unsuccessful) and learning I Want You She’s So Heavy (successful). Two Hours working on Death Certificate criteria for COVID-19 and then the rest of the day watching Kill Bill Vols 1 & 2 and then Hitman.
    All in all productive.

4. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

I know exactly where it is . My Son in law is going to attend RTS starting July.

5. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Sitting in bed drinking coffee and reading what YOU guys are doing. Hoping to pick up a couple of guitars later today, we'll see.

6. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Putting out bark mulch. Killing time to Thursday when I pick up my SJ200.

7. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Holic

Mission accomplished. The colour of the Tele that Chrissie is playing is almost certainly CAR. Other notable details were the mirrored pickguard, 3-barrel saddle, rosewood fingerboard, and tight jeans. Hmmm, I think I need to watch the concert again to confirm those details . . .

8. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

Waiting for the plumbers and kitchen guys to show up. Around 9:00 so about 20 minutes or so
    Gotta move vehicles so there’s room for everybody. It’ll be great when it’s finished but it’s a major PITA right now

9. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Holic

My hairstylist is still closed so I plan to give myself my first self-haircut today. That should be interesting.

10. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

Today I am commuting my DAW back and forth to and from work, via a trio of dongles. I spent the morning mixing a group of songs at the studio and am now in a corporate zoom meeting from home. We\ll see what the rest of the day pans out as.

Bob

11. Big Lug

Big Lug Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Whatever I end up doing today you can bet these two scallywags will be nearby...

upload_2020-5-19_8-39-30.jpeg

DFB1 and stormsedge like this.
  12. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Still working on the porch gym.

13. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

73 degrees will be the high today, so I cleared it with the wife.........I'll be taking a nice ride on my Harley Davidson. I figure either north or south on the coastal route. Beautiful west coast ride. So.....now I have to decide, Malibu?......Ventura?........or Dana Point? Decisions.

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

About to call the furnace guy. We keep our furnace fan going even when the furnace isn't running to provide air circulation in the house. Yesterday morning there was a buzzer going off from the furnace fan area. Not duct buzzing, but a distinct buzzer sound. Anyone know what that is? I googled and the advice I read was either that the fan motor is about to go, or it may need to be oiled.

15. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

This thread needs food and pics. Here’s the ribs I just put on 20 minutes ago.

4BE3A78A-D915-4327-A13A-F95F0C7F769F.jpeg

I got a good hour workout on the pole saw earlier. Hacking at my jungle is an ongoing project.

Bob M likes this.
  16. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Fishing

85FD43A9-90B0-420A-8396-C871F644C374.jpeg 95860993-ADF2-4739-B477-78F44FA6D40F.jpeg

17. Peegoo

Peegoo Friend of Leo's

I'm doing a veneer repair on a 1942 Lane 'waterfall top' cedar chest. The cedar veneer on the back edge of the lid had some big chips missing, so I had to get some matching veneer, cut out the bad area, and glue in the new stuff. I'm taking a break while the finish cures.

Matching the new color with the old is an art form in itself. And finishing it is a whole 'nuther challenge, because you don't want the repair to look brand new; it won't match the aged appearance of the rest of the piece.

It's one of the reasons repairs on vintage furniture (and guitars) is so expensive. It takes lots of time and plenty of practice before you get any good at it.

18. DFB1

DFB1 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I'm working on finishing a Tele body,and painting a Pacifica 112 body.
    The Pacifica was a beat up freebie.

I am also working on a duck house. I picked up plywood for the walls,and floor this morning.

Later today/tonight motorcycle ride.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.