What amp do you use for your coffee house gigs?

howardlo

Tele-Afflicted
Coffee house? Never anything but an unamplified acoustic and one microphone for both voice and guitar.

Did that for many years and never heard or saw an electric at one, even at open mics. Very rarely ever even saw an A/E acoustic at any.

Jimclarke100

Friend of Leo's
I use a Fisherman Loudbox Mini. It covers guitar and vocals in a small light package.

I have also run my electric with a Joyo American Sound into it, and it sounded good to me. I have a switcher so I can (could) switch between electric and acoustic without unplugging anything. Of course it gets less “grab and go” if one brings two guitars! 😜

I use a very similar set up most of the time at home, only difference is I use an AC tone as well, a Turnip Greens in front of the American Sound tone for some reverb and drive and an ABY switcher to run the two amp sims alternately or in parallel. It’s a very simple set up to get a great sound.

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
I've never had a "coffeehouse gig" and quite honestly I haven't seen anyone play live music in a coffee shop in many years. Is that still a thing? I would just take my normal amp and not turn it up very much, I guess. Can't imagine buying a special amp for a gig that pays in coffee!
Edit: I take that back, there is a coffee shop that used to host live bands on their outdoor patio back in the before-times. But they also sell beer, so I guess they are a bar?

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Can't help, the only coffee shop I ever played would never allow an electric. I played acoustic through a Fishman LB Mini.

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
Only played 2 coffeehouse gigs. If house PA, then Ethos TLE into a Muza FD900. If no PA, I'd use the Peavey Ecoustic 112. Which I got for free. Pretty doggone heavy, but the price sure was right, and independent channels for guitar and vocals. And independent 5-band graphic eq's.

tce63

Tele-Afflicted
2022-02-15 13-44-28.jpg