1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What am I missing that I can't live without?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Chud, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Fender Pinwheel is just an awesome rotary and Trem! It rarely leaves the board. The drive is great for those gnarly organ sounds! Sensitivity is cool but I prefer an expression pedal. I highly recommend it!

2. teletail

teletail Tele-Afflicted

Moderation. :D

3. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks all for the responses, helpful and humorous alike. :lol::lol::lol:

I've made a few updates to the board since starting this thread. I pulled the amp switches off the board, added a few cheap additions to see how much I like the effect in general, as well as a few nice additions that weren't crazy expensive, but definitely keepers.

IMG_5797.JPG IMG_5798.JPG

The biggest add is the Fender Pinwheel. I picked it up used from GC for about $100 cheaper than new. It's in great condition, and adds a whole new dimension to the board. I also picked up a TC Sentry noise gate that I'm still dialing in a bit, but it worked wonders out of the box on the stacked drives and compressor via the send/return. The cheapie adds are a few Donner pedals - a Tutti Love chorus, and a Blues Drive TS clone - that I'm not 100% sold on even for the price.

IMG_5799.JPG IMG_5800.JPG IMG_5801.JPG

I did some rearranging as well. I'm still not 100% thrilled with the way the Holeyboard forces pedal placement, even without the limitations of the holes and zip ties, but it's better than it was. I think it's the curve of the board that makes it seem like there's so much wasted space, even though that's part of the overall distinct look of the board itself. Drives/boost are all on the main level now along with the tuner and wah, with noise gate, 'effects' and ABY box on the riser.

Signal chain is Tuner -> Wah -> TC Sentry -> DRIVE CHAIN via send - Compressor -> Sweet Baby -> Blues Drive -> Gunslinger -> British Sound -> return to TC Sentry -> Aquarius Delay -> Tutti Love Chorus -> Pinwheel -> Supro Clean Boost - > Big Shot

The Donner Chorus is fine as a chorus, but it's just not an effect I tend to use that much on anything. The pedal itself sounds good, adds anywhere from a mild to maddening swirl and detuning. With the Pinwheel on the board, it's a little superfluous, but it's cheap enough at $30 that I can play around with it for a bit and see if it finds its own deserving place.

The Donner Blues Drive I still need to play around with a bit more as well, but similar story as to whether it finds it's own place on the board. It's a TS clone and is pretty distinct from the Sweet Baby (which is a Mad Professor Sweet Honey clone), but it doesn't clean up as nicely with a softer pick attack like the Sweet Baby does or like I would expect a TS to do. It does have two modes, warm & hot, only one of which I've really played around with thus far. The volume difference between the two modes is definitely set-it-and-leave-it-there territory, particularly given the mini format of the pedal. Again though, for $30 it can hang out a while and see if it finds a place.

I am still thinking about a fuzz and an eq pedal, otherwise I think I'm pretty well covered for a while. The pinwheel has stereo out, so I may play around with one out going to the Fender Tonemaster, and one to the Supro Saturn. I'm going to do a little rearranging there as well and split those two up to get a bit of separation. That should be fun. :cool:;)

4. Tornado

Tornado Tele-Meister

Allthough you are not a phaser or flanger guy try the Boss PH-3 phase shifter you may like it who knows.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.