1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What am I missing that I can't live without?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Chud, Oct 21, 2020.

1. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

If you sing, some of the voice stomps are nice. Reverb and delay and if you ever get a wild hair you can do megaphones and sci-fi stuff. But even without that, the pitch fixers are nice for the occasional slightly-off note and completely undetectable (not autotune! tho some of them have that as an effect). Also the always-on dynamics settings can add some good stuff to the vocals. Esp nice if you don't have a sound person.

If you don't sing... probably not worth it :D

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

You have a nice board, but I would chime in with the EQ pedal as well. I started out with just two pedals and one was an EQ pedal. I have never been without one since. A graphic EQ is the best way to start and learn about all of the advantages, but a parametric would be a good long term goal.

3. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

clean, uncompromised, un tone sucked signal from your guitar through a cord into a great amp, and all it entails

4. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I think the only other pedal you need is one that makes it sound like you plugged your guitar straight into an amp:D

Jay Jernigan and Chiogtr4x like this.
  5. Richie Cunningham

Richie Cunningham Tele-Meister

Not all at once.

6. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I think you need an EV Hummer.

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

It's a must if you play Crabcore.

[​IMG]

Mexitele Blues likes this.
  8. JIMMY JAZZMAN

JIMMY JAZZMAN Tele-Meister

I would try a little "Soul Food" pedal. Just a subtle increase in ambience, with little effect
    on overall tone. Cheap as well. You look pretty well set up for anything.

9. Terrygh1949

Terrygh1949 Tele-Meister

I would suggest use the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid. I'm not calling you stupid by any means!
    Sometimes simplifying and, or reducing or making things less complicated just feels good.

10. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

If you don’t know, I’m not going to tell you... but get a J-Rockett Dude OD pedal.

Most versatile and best OD pedal that I’ve owned. SRV to ZZ Top, Zeppelin, it AC/DC.

11. UncleGizmo

UncleGizmo TDPRI Member

Based on what you say here, I’d go for a second delay that has with some different characteristics than what you’ve got. Maybe a Catalinbread Belle Epoch or similar? Stacking delays can get you a tight repeat underneath a long decay, for U2 type sounds or other repeat/loop sounds.

Other idea would be a vibrato/chorus style pedal - univibe is a classic that I always have on board, or a Walrus Audio Julia, again for more expansive sounds.

If you do go for reverb I’d consider something that is highly versatile like Neunaber immerse...

12. MugHimself

MugHimself TDPRI Member

Octave pedals are probly one of the only pedals I would recommend to you (or anyone) I love the way they can give depth to the tone on a nice crunchy setting. Obviously you can take them into insane membrane territory but I like to use the octaves like fretboard oil, just a dab’ll do ya!

13. Chupacabra

Chupacabra TDPRI Member

You can never have enough transparent overdrives.

14. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

A switcher ...to use instead of pushing all those pedal switches over and over. Also it takes many points of signal loss or trouble spots out of the chain and puts all your foot action at the bottom of the board more easily reached!

Tube Life likes this.
  15. dcm0

dcm0 TDPRI Member

Zvex Fuzz Factory.

Infinitely dialable little puppy, gets you anything from gated velcro, to self oscillation tunable via your guitar's volume knob. Quoth Zachary Vex, "Give me enough knobs and I will control the world." Or somethin' like that.

Anyhow, it is a fantastic pedal for when you need over the top, over the line, outta control, outta this world fuzz.

16. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I came across this while looking up youtube vids for my synths , its the most comprhensive vid I have seen , check it out

17. Linkslover

Linkslover Tele-Meister

You could consider a 2nd delay pedal set differently than the one you have, maybe a dedicated looper and maybe an autowah.

18. avagadro

avagadro Tele-Meister

I may be going off track here but I would suggest a final stage with a stereo output and two tube combo amps to give you some incredible stereo sound. I have seen some players do this and the sound can be so full and detailed , it can really enhance time based effects. You don't need stacks, just a couple good sounding 20 or 30 watt matched amps.

19. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Not to be off topic, but I have been gassing for a Soul Food. Have always had a TS on board, tried a few other ODs, always defaulted to the TS. Should I pull the trigger?
    I agree that OP looks well set up.

20. Gardo

Gardo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

First song I played when I bought a fuzz

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.