What am I missing here?

capgun

Tele-Meister
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...dual-feed-thru-module-for-dingbat-pedalboards
98A5D409-C37E-4525-8757-7C3536CC059C.jpeg

Based on this diagram, what’s the point of this thing?

capgun

Tele-Meister
You either go through a loop of pedals or directly into the amp bypassing all the pedals? Meaning the Dingus is footswitchable.

But it’s not. It’s literally just a box with 4 jacks in it.

Doctor of Teleocity
You need the actual items instead of the diagram haha just kidding. The dingus can be whatever you want, like, say, the Diane Keaton Clothing Collection at Cracker Barrel!

Seriously, though, you have a valid point.

fidopunk

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Oh wait. I think I figured it out. I think this gets connected to the VL pedal board (or any pedal board) and allows you to have quick connections for in and out.

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
It's called a Dingus, because anyone who didn't already have the ultimate switchblade ... the Boss LS-2 is a dingaling.
IMG_4264.JPG

fidopunk

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Oh wait. I think I figured it out. I think this gets connected to the VL pedal board (or any pedal board) and allows you to have quick connections for in and out.
So really instead of plugging into the first pedal of your pedal board and hooking up the last pedal to the amp, you plug into this directly and out of the Dingus to the amp. Why? I don't know. I guess it looks cleaner?

capgun

Tele-Meister
Did you intentionally omit the other 3 diagrams with more complex signal paths?

Oops. I didn’t swipe far enough to see those ones, but even still the only one that makes any reasonable use of this thing is the last diagram.

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
Looks like the only point of it is the 'easy access' they talk about on the voodoo labs page linked above. So, maybe, someone has a pedal board where the layout makes it difficult to get to the places where the guitar and amp connect. They could add this box at the edge of the board, and run short, tied down or hidden cables to the right places. (It's just a pair of 1/4 inch "thru" connections.)

Collin D Plonker

Tele-Afflicted
It's a mini patchbay. Could be useful. I have some quick connects on the side of my board to keep things clean. It's great if you want the beginning or end pedal somewhere not on the edge.

I also used a similar box for quick connect or bypass for effects loop. If you are using wet effects to the front of the amp, you bypass the patchbay. If you are using the loop, run cables from the patchbay. Saves you from having to disconnect stuff from the board, which can be a pain.