What Aggravates You?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stantheman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

The TV in the bedroom. :eek:
    My wife turns on MSNBC as soon as she gets upstairs. Commentators and talking heads all night long. Each of them saying the same thing expressing it just a little differently with the exception of the occasional foil from the opposition. I can tolerate the pretty ones for about two minutes until they’re gone. At least they smile. The regulars mostly just sneer. The TV doesn’t get turned off until after midnight. There’s just no need for it. Any salient point made by a commentator or other talking head is rebroadcast on Morning Joe the next morning. So all that time the night before was wasted. None of the other news networks are any better. It’s the same crap from the other extreme. OK. I vented, but I don’t feel any better about it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Deathray likes this.
  2. Average_Joe

Average_Joe Tele-Holic

downloadfile-14.jpg

3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Your mention of glass Coke bottles was somewhat incomplete.....yes, glass is 100% recyclable, but the old Coke and other soft drink bottles were REUSEABLE! A perfect "cycle" of purchase, use, return, wash, refill, repeat. Kept an army of kids busy collecting and redeeming empties, earning money, and picking up litter.....all at the same time. I am NOT against "change".....I like the interwebnet, I like cars that last 200,000+ miles, I LOVE the great, inexpensive guitars we have available.......but change HAS to make sense. There must be (on balance) a BENEFIT to society. And, like you say, banning single use plastic would be a GREAT start!!!!!!!

4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Hmmm, I never saw an advantage to the rod holding up the hood and from my first car which was a '57 Chevy I've had no trouble with self supporting hoods.
    I did find that the last car I sold (a '56 Chevy) had weak hood support but that was after almost 60 years and multiple engine swaps plus being a race car that got worked on as often as it was driven, like the hood got opened before every drive.
    Rods are more cheap import car style?

As far as aggravation, yeah the world is more and more aggravated, which is aggravating.

What drives ME crazy is that everybody won't just calm down and chill out!!!!

Relax!!!

5. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

Noticeable artifacts in my tone when I raise the gain a bit too much.

Deathray and ElJay370 like this.
  6. telemnemonics

C'mon you can do better than that!

Maybe you're suffering under the thumb of a limited data plan???

7. Vibrolux59

Vibrolux59 Tele-Meister

Greed, constant boasting, exaggerated self-importance, dishonesty, alcoholism, addiction, thieves, voters that don't read and fact check, organized religions, science deniers, people who feel obligated to follow the family religions and politics because they were born into it rather than think for themselves, and my busybody neighbor who has never had a job or a child or any respect for boundaries. The toilet paper thing would bother me but I live alone. Most little stuff not worthy of our time or attention.

8. telemnemonics

Artifacts?
    I have a lotta antiques around the house and they do indeed aggravate me when I raise the gain a bit too much and the artifacts start falling off the shelves.
    The last one was an antique (sharp!) fencing foil that might have killed me if I'd been standing closer to it when it fell.

Switchy likes this.
  9. Mrbob135

Mrbob135 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Well, everybody else seems to have my list covered (I'm looking at you Charlie). So I will add this: Hard Butter.

10. pickaguitar

pickaguitar Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Anything PC culture related.

11. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

The current slavish trend of over-using blue and orange in films (which seems to be abating slightly), but the TV advert art director (always late to the party!) is driving me nuts at the moment! It's hard to find an advert that doesn't suffer from this obnoxious fashion - and have you noticed how many orange-haired models (wearing blue tops of course!) are in ads at the moment? It's like these idiots have only just discovered the bloody colour wheel! Try purple and yellow / red and green, etc. for a change, I'm begging you!

(If you've not noticed this, you won't be able to 'unsee' it now I've pointed it out! Sorry 'bout that!)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  12. telemnemonics

I think the scourge of the earth is the new breed of humans that believes all the new advertising but is skeptical of all the old wisdom.

Skepticism has become hip, but nobody quite knows which "truths" to tear down with it.

Given the actual seeming profitability of uber eats and other fast food delivery that ensures we sit in our lazy fat cusiony cubicles of Amazon purchased entertainment like some Orwellian horror show, modern first world humanity really amazes me.

Dooooooomed!
    Doooooooooooooooomed!

B, but, Peloton will save us!!!

For only $2245.99 you get a bike with a TV that goes nowhere but simulates human interaction!

13. LetItGrowTone

LetItGrowTone Tele-Meister

Sorry, edited.

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

At least TDPRI is a safe space.

Skydog1010 and pickaguitar like this.
  15. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

That’s a big list. For lines 10 and 11 be careful with travel to Jamaica. You might be bothered by use of I, de and dem while the rest of us consider it charming.

Charlie Bernstein likes this.
  16. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

17. USian Pie

USian Pie Tele-Meister

I wonder if there will be a market for this someday. Surely there are more than a few people who see all of the gadgetry as, "Crap that will break and cost tons of money to fix." It was a deciding factor in my most recent car purchase.

But, honestly, they aren't making cars to sell anymore. They are making them to lease. If something lasts 3 years, that's probably good enough.

18. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Years ago I had a dinner date with an Airline Stewardess who was tall, blonde and beautifully proportioned I had been working/flirting with said lovely creature for nearly three months...so the evening arrives along with the passing of my first kidney stone (oh that first passing...:eek::lol::eek:) needless to say I had to cancel.
    She never spoke to me again.
    The stinger: Today She’s Uber Wealthy and living in a McLean Virginia mansion and...still single...and still beautiful. Think of Lauren Bacall in her prime and I’ll try not to.

Skydog1010 and RoyBGood like this.
  19. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Idiots and morons.

20. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

What are you talking about . . .

[​IMG]

JuneauMike and RoyBGood like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.